What has recently motivated you?

Options
My motivation right now is me being sooo proud of myself (due to me eating well this weekend around the holiday) because I feel and look leaner! I am actually excited to weigh myself today :bigsmile:

What has recently motivated you? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    im in a Biggest Loser contest at work and im very competitive ..and i have a great trainer ..can never get to the gym fast enough to workout with him ..he is awesome
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    im in a Biggest Loser contest at work and im very competitive ..and i have a great trainer ..can never get to the gym fast enough to workout with him ..he is awesome

That's great! It's such an awesome feeling to actually be excited to work out! Good luck to you :)
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Most recently what motivated me was realizing how much of a difference eating better makes in my calories. I just mixed up a bowl with a fresh peach, a plum, some blackberries, and blueberries- and it was only 215 calories. I keep thinking- WOW that's like, a handful of chips that wouldn't even be filling. And now I'm having a whole bowl of fruit that will fill me up and kill my sweet tooth without having to turn to icecream or something.

But in general- it's realizing I can do this. I work full time. And I'm still finding time to hit the gym everyday. And I got a Fitbit Flex the other day and seeing those steps add up makes me want to go harder, so I can hit that 10,000 steps.

And my mental health has been better. I've had more energy. I just plain feel better all around. I'm excited. I can do this. And this time, I'm doing it for me. To make me healthier. Make my life better. I want to be a nurse one day! And i want to be a healthy one.
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    Most recently what motivated me was realizing how much of a difference eating better makes in my calories. I just mixed up a bowl with a fresh peach, a plum, some blackberries, and blueberries- and it was only 215 calories. I keep thinking- WOW that's like, a handful of chips that wouldn't even be filling. And now I'm having a whole bowl of fruit that will fill me up and kill my sweet tooth without having to turn to icecream or something.

But in general- it's realizing I can do this. I work full time. And I'm still finding time to hit the gym everyday. And I got a Fitbit Flex the other day and seeing those steps add up makes me want to go harder, so I can hit that 10,000 steps.

And my mental health has been better. I've had more energy. I just plain feel better all around. I'm excited. I can do this. And this time, I'm doing it for me. To make me healthier. Make my life better. I want to be a nurse one day! And i want to be a healthy one.

Ahhh this made me so excited to read this! I feel very similar....I planned all of my snacks and meals for the day, and it is all under 1500 cals!
    And same with working full time...now that I make time for the gym, I always wonder what the heck I was wasting my time with when I used to not go! :noway:
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I know! I do home health so I work weird shifts. I just go as soon as I get off work and by the time I get home and shower I still have hours to get stuff done and have some "me" time. I kept saying "Ugh I'll never have time because of work." ... I was wrong LOL.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    True motivation comes from within. Once I felt better about who I was, I no longer had to look for motivation from external events.

On an external level :bigsmile:, my psychopharmocologist took me off my antidepressant today. YEA!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Honestly - my most recent motivation was all of the so-called bad food. I enjoyed all of these things over the 3 day weekend. I was motivated to burn slightly over 3,000 calories with many hours of exercise (much of it in the hot sun) in order to "afford" all of it...

cream cheese donut
    Bavarian style mini pizza topped with sauerkraut, wieners & mustard
    Armenian coffee
    red wines (at a tasting)
    spumante (almost an entire bottle)
    "Graceland" PB & banana boutique cupcake
    salad rice from my favorite bibimbap place
    mini Blizzard from DQ
    thin crust veggie pizza
    German chocolate cake with Redi-Whip
    lemon chicken (no rice)
    crab Rangoon & egg roll

I couldn't eat like this all of the time, but it was so worth it.
  • alireba88
    alireba88 Posts: 21
    Options
    My motivation lately has been that I've started to feel physically stronger. In addition to my walking regimine, I do some body weight exercises every other day (squats, lunges, pushups, etc.). The first day I did them, I only did one circuit and woke up the next morning basically crippled. I legit almost cried whenever I had to go from standing to sitting, or vice versa, all that day.

It's been about a month since then and I'm up to doing two circuits every other day, without wishing for death while I'm doing them or waking up the next day feeling paralyzed.

Yay for progress!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My recent progress pic...now my profile pic! I am getting a flat tummy!
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    Congrats everyone! Do what makes you happy, and keep it up :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I were stuck in a plateau for 6 months, he recently broke the plateau and has gone into the 170's!

I'm still in the 180's but I will join him someday!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Today what motivated me was seeing a higher number on the scale. That made me all discouraged and blue, but it also got me to go to the gym.

Also, was reminded that this is a marathon, not a sprint. That may have helped too. :D
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Recently for me - promising myself not to weight myself for a month!

I feel like - when I was weighing myself weekly - I was always saying "Oh well, it's just a week, you can lose instead of gain next week!" Or "Ah it's probably just a fluctuation and it'll be lower in a week!"

But with having to wait a month I'm feeling like "Goodness, gracious don't waste that much time! Do it right! It's 1/12 of a freaking YEAR!!!"

It's helping me make better choices and stay on track. Who wants to admit they spent a whole month GAINING weight because they weren't diligent?

ETA: I need to break my mindset that everything "resets" after a week. Because life doesn't have a reset button.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Recently got to the milestone of losing 50 lbs. It was a great moment.... But I am not done. I am going on vacation for one week in which exercise will be low, and food will be high.. So when I return I want to...

1. Lose the vacation weight.

2. Go from my 50 lbs lose weight and see where I want to end up. Also I want to focus on toning and taking the body I have now and just making it fit and strong.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I witnessed my boyfriend's brother-in-law finish a traithlon two weekends back and decided right then and there that i'm going to finish the same one next year.
    My motivation is that I saw numerous people from my gym compete in the traithlon as well.

I've already signed up for a sprint triathlon in six weeks and have been training 6 days a week. I'm so proud of myself and know that I can accomplish whatever I put my mind to.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    The quest to onederland.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Finally reaching my goal weight has motivated me to push harder!
  • pmowers
    pmowers Posts: 10
    Options
    When I unconsciously started mimicking a pregnant woman by rubbing the top of my baby bump- and I'm a guy! :noway:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    My motivation right now is me being sooo proud of myself (due to me eating well this weekend around the holiday) because I feel and look leaner! I am actually excited to weigh myself today :bigsmile:

What has recently motivated you? :flowerforyou:

My swim/run brick yesterday. I survived it, and I swam my race distance without stopping, which is new for me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I witnessed my boyfriend's brother-in-law finish a traithlon two weekends back and decided right then and there that i'm going to finish the same one next year.
    My motivation is that I saw numerous people from my gym compete in the traithlon as well.

I've already signed up for a sprint triathlon in six weeks and have been training 6 days a week. I'm so proud of myself and know that I can accomplish whatever I put my mind to.

Do it, that's awesome.