Success Stories for 5'3 and under?

Options

Replies

• ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    P90X3 which means only 30 minute workouts. I love it! Very comparable to JMBR but harder. I couldn't hv done it 1st for sure. I run 3 days a week too.

i started the 30 day shred but didnt keep up with it. my apartment is a bit on the small side... but im always curious about those programs!
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Same issue here! I wasn't necessarily eating bad foods...I was just eating too much food! What a difference portion control makes! Congrats and keep at it!:flowerforyou:

Same for me- I used to eat pizza, tacos, fried chicken... drink, etc. I still do all of that but a lot less of it. Went from 150 to 122 at 5'2" since the beginning of Feb 2014. 7 lbs away from my goal that I wanted to hit by the end of September... I think I'm well on my way! :happy:
  • Ninjamum
    Ninjamum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya I've just restarted on here after being at my heaviest ever (170lbs) following an op a couple of months ago which at 5 2 is a tad overweight. I'll try and add you as a friend, I feel the more support you get the more you tend to stay motivated to reach your goals.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Progress pic, I have about 15lbs to go. I'm 5'2" on the cusp of 5'3" my heaviest was about 164 and now I'm approx 148

congrats! i'm pretty well the same height... and I was your current weight but vacation has led to a 5lb gain... trying to get back on track. i would like to be 135.

140 was my original goal but about 2 weeks ago I decided to go another 5. Once I get there I will see where I want to start maintaining.
  • Turbooble
    Turbooble Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I hit my heaviest at 257 in December of 13'. It was a shock and decided then and there that I needed a change. With lowering my calories and moving my water intake up I am currently on a healthy track of losing about 5lbs a month. I'm currently at 220; a 37 pound loss!

I remember reading threads in the beginning, seeing people with a 30lbs loss and thinking that I can't wait until I see a number like that!

My goal is to hit 145 which was my weight in high school and my profile pic. After that I plan on striving for 125! I haven't been that since middle school.

About two weeks ago I bought a treadmill and started walking about 30-60 minutes a day. In just two weeks I have seen no difference in my weight, but a massive difference in my measurements.

Good luck to everyone out there! :smile:
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    i'm currently 155lb and would like to be 135. thats hilarious same thing happened-- went to the doc recently after being 5'2.5 my whole life my latest physical said 5'3.

Hahaha that's awesome. I am also (almost) 155 (157 right now) and want to be 130-135lbs too. Do you do any kind of weight lifting or strength training?

i've been doing barre which is wayyyyy to expensive to maintain....i keep meaning to start strength training properly and then i get intimidated at the gym. ive been considering paying for a personal trainer for 1 or 2 sessions just to show me the machines. this has yet to happen. i do a lot more cardio in the sense that i go swimming.

You don't need a personal trainer, I wouldn't spend the money! But that of course is up to you.. I never stepped foot in a gym or used a trainer though. I walk around my neighborhood and use free weights at home with a milk crate for step ups. You can do it with whatever you have RIGHT NOW. No need for fancy gyms and trainers! :noway:
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0''. I hit my heaviest in September 2011 at 161.3 lbs. I got down to 120 lbs (a little over 40 lbs lost) in May 2012. I maintained that weight for a few months. Then I started to gradually gain some of the weight back over the following year and a half :(. Today, I weigh 140.6 lbs which means I put about 20 of the 40 back on which sucks but at least I didn't put it ALL back on! I have been on track for the last couple of weeks and hope to get back to 120 by Christmas. My profile pic is me at about 121 lbs. There's also a pic of me at 161 lbs with my son on my profile.
  • delphinese
    delphinese Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'1''. I got up to 202 while pregnant but was around 187 before. I'm down to 163 now, six months after giving birth. My goal is 140, less maybe after I get there and see how I feel. Being a size 10 will be awesome, size 14 now!
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I am 5'2" and am currently around 140 and want to get down to 115.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    <
    :drinker:

ETA:

SW: 230 lbs

CW: 115 lbs

GW: 110-112 lbs

5'2 and 45 yrs old. :wink:
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my HW 214 six weeks after my daughter's birth and she turns two Saturday, but my SW when I joined myfitnesspal was 209 CW is 192.4 which is the lowest weight I have been in about 4 years. I also have thick thighs and hips but my waist trims down first so I don't look as bad with more weight on me so my GW now is 150. I am it taking slow because I love to eat and drink alcohol on the weekends. I also eat most all my exercise calories back but I do think I lose lots of inches and shape up and the scale doesn't show that. Good luck my profile pics shows some of my results.
  • ils_1231
    Options
    <
    :drinker:

ETA:

SW: 230 lbs

CW: 115 lbs

GW: 110-112 lbs

5'2 and 45 yrs old. :wink:

AMAZING
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    That's what I started with! JMBR! Lost 22 lbs & 14 inches overall now doing P90X3!

SW:167
    CW:138
    GW:125

Awesome, great job!
  • gagatcu
    gagatcu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I went from 159 to 130 in the past year. I have taken it really slow and steady mostly because I don't stick to everything I should- I reaallly like beer and tequila! hahaha!

Mostly I net between 1250-1500 and try to do some sort of total body workout. The 30 day shred is amazing. Good luck with everything!!
  • Luciewithienoty
    Luciewithienoty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 - here's my comparison pic *holds breath that photo works*
    Left photo was October 2012
    Right photo was June 2014

01ALKMoOfbiw1fPnJQ5CjxboH3yn5dnUnlnQgNPt_yw=s207-p-no

Edit 2: resized...
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'1" (um, I say that but I think I'm more like 5' 3/4"). I started in December at around 115-120 (I have a pretty small frame so this is heavy and doesn't look good on me) and have now been maintaining for a little over a month at 102-104. I wish I had a progress photo, but I don't have any recent pictures that show my figure, and I don't want to take one right now since it's that TOM and I look and feel really bloated! But, the difference of about 15 lbs is really significant. I lost 3 inches each from my bust, waist, belly, and hips (the decrease in bust makes me kind of sad. . . oh well). My stomach is no longer a large round blob (hated it when I was heavier and am working on seeing it as it really is now. . . body image issues), my waist is slender (no more rolls on my ribs!) and I feel much lighter and enjoy moving around way more. Running is fun now since I'm lighter, things don't wobble like they did before (tummy bounce is no fun :embarassed: ), and I'm in better cardio shape.

I did a lot of cardio- running, circuit training, and cross-country skiing-- to lose the weight and be able to eat a decent amount while doing so (I did it at 0.5 lb/week so I was eating around 1400 net much of the time, but I would eat back most of the exercise calories). I love cardio but it hasn't really given me the look I want despite my new relative thinness, so I'm starting to work on weight training instead. Buying heavy dumbbells to work out at home later this week! I'm ridiculously excited for them because it's taken me a long time to decide to put the $100 into a 105 lbs set of dumbbells so I can lift heavy (for me) at home. Even though there is a gym near me, surprisingly in the very rural area I live in, I am intimidated by the idea of going and I think if I had to go elsewhere for exercise I'd be much more likely to slack off.

Good luck! You can do this!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm exactly that same height. I always thought I was 5'2" then actually measured myself a couple years ago and somewhere along the way, I gained an inch so now I'm 5'3"! Lol, anyway, I have 25lbs to go and am hoping to get there by Sept!!

What are your numbers also btw, where are you starting and what do you want to accomplish? Glad to meet u! :smile:

ba-2.jpg
    You look great! I apparently am 5'2". I thought I was 5'5" untilmy DH and I got curious about how tall we were pulled out the tape measure. We are both about 2 inches shorter than we thought.:laugh: My goal weight is 150 but when I hit my goal, I will have to see how I feel and if I want to readjust my goal to 140. This is the most current side by side. Started out 233.8 and currently weigh 189.6. The second shot was taken about 195. eff it....Its in my profile pictures lol
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You look great! I apparently am 5'2". I thought I was 5'5" untilmy DH and I got curious about how tall we were pulled out the tape measure. We are both about 2 inches shorter than we thought.:laugh: My goal weight is 150 but when I hit my goal, I will have to see how I feel and if I want to readjust my goal to 140. This is the most current side by side. Started out 233.8 and currently weigh 189.6. The second shot was taken about 195. eff it....Its in my profile pictures lol

Thank you!!! Yes, it's funny when we realize how tall we really are haha..

I see an incredible difference with you!!! Love the 3rd one in blue! Look at that little waist! :bigsmile:
  • ils_1231
    Options
    I'm 5'2 - here's my comparison pic *holds breath that photo works*
    Left photo was October 2012
    Right photo was June 2014

01ALKMoOfbiw1fPnJQ5CjxboH3yn5dnUnlnQgNPt_yw=s207-p-no

Edit 2: resized...

this is awesome.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2", have some progress pics on my blog, if you send a friend request.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!