How many days a week do you workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• fantm
    fantm Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week - 5 days at a 5:30am bootcamp for an hour and I hike each Sunday with some friends for about 5 miles. I take Saturdays off but feel like I should be doing *something* that day, but maybe rest is okay.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week, rest for 2. I strength train 3 times a week and do cardio all 5 days (treadmill, Zumba, Body Combat, and Elliptical).
  • Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't do much, but I've made changes to my everyday life to make a little something every day. I park far away from my classes and briskly walk to the building I need to be in. That way, I get a pretty quick, but good workout in by walking to and from my car 5 days a week. I also work in retail, so I've started increasing the speed of which I walk around the store. I try not to stand in one place and make sure to keep moving. It makes it a little bit better when I have to help someone and have to bring out the ladder and climb it. I'm going to start going to the gym at school during my three-hour break between classes, so I can get some hardcore working out in.
  • saramathers22
    Options
    I'm on my first week on MFP and my AIM is to do at least 30 minutes a day! I have kept it up for the past five days and so far I feel great!!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I go by how my body feels. There is nothing wrong with taking a day or two or three of rest if your body is calling out for it! Typically, when I'm feeling tip-top (which luckily is most of the time!), I workout 5-6 days per week. Rest is where 'the magic happens'. :)

I have the same approach. I go by what my body is telling me. But generally I alternate days of weights and cardio. I'll do say..cardio on Monday and weights on Tuesday. This way my muscles have something of a rest in between. I usually do this 5-6 days a week and one complete rest day. You don't want to overtrain.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Just curious if you give yourself any days of rest? My goal is to work out five days and rest for two. What do you do?

I run every other day. As I have gotten older, I am finding I need to be more careful, I get injured a lot easier now than I used to (I never used to get injured at all!)

One day on, one day off for me
  • MomsDaily140
    Options
    5 days a week -
    Monday - Cardio and Circuit training.
    Tuesday - Off
    Wednesday - Cardio and Arms
    Thursday - Cardio
    Friday - Cardio and Legs
    Saturday - Off -- this is my cheat day, if I need it, such as going out w/friend etc
    Sunday - Cardio

and sometimes I switch up the days I circuit train, just to keep my body guessing...

I try and add some form of Core Exercise when I go and I never take two days in a row off,... makes it too easy to make it to that 3rd and 4th day without going, which then can turn into a week. Plus it's like starting all over if you miss 3 days in a row.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. I feel like the rest day is very important even though I feel funny not working out that day.

ME TOO! Super restless on the off day.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday. I have been on MFP for 140 days and I have only missed two days, as far as exercising goes (one day was because of sick me, the other day was because of sick kids). Anyway, I don't do the same thing every day. I run 3-5 days a week and I walk or do a circuit training DVD on the other days.
  • mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have only started in the last 2 weeks, I do Mon-Fri and weekends off....but weekends are my hardest with the calories!!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I would like to say congrats to anyone who workouts 6 days a week! Good for you, personally I:
    Mon- Run 5miles
    Tues- Run 2 miles and workout
    Wed- Run 5 miles
    Thurs- Run 2 miles and a intense workout
    Fri- Run 5 miles
    Sat & Sun- I take off saturdays I work 11 and 1/2 hours and sunday is literally my only day off from both my jobs and school.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    5-6 days per week. 3 with my trainer and 2 on my own and sometimes I might throw in in run on saturday depending :)
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I teach fitness classes & do 2-3 classes a day Monday - Friday...Saturday is my rest day & Sunday I usually do a DVD, kinect game, elliptical or go running :)
  • Jartexas
    Jartexas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    As a CPT I will tell you that rest days between workouts is very important. your 5 on 2 off is a good rule of thumb to folllow, even doing cardio 7 days a week can be to much, a lot of it is based on your current level of fitness. Try changing your days off every 5-6 weeks, go maybe 3 on 1 off 3 on two off. please feel free to write me if you like. I would also recommend reading WOMENS health they haver some very good workouts in every issue.:smile:
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i only workout 4 days a week. i do sun, mon, wed or thurs and friday.
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    I workout six days a week, sometimes seven depending on what my rest day is like
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I do fasted cardio every morning --- running 4.8 miles every day. Will be up to 6 miles every day by the end of Jan.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't set out for a number of days. I work out based on hours. I aim for 28-38 hrs a month. The range is to accommodate for golf games. I guess in reality I aim for 28 gym hrs.

I normally don't workout for just an hour so rest is built into my week. It just depends how I feel for he day