Nutella

markja
markja Posts: 270 Member
I don't get it. It's too sweet, gooey and kinds of like peanut butter except it's too sweet and gooey. Maybe I'm just not doing it right but, I don't understand the fuss over Nutella. I've tried smearing it on toast but... So, what's the attraction?

Replies

• Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    I love sweet goo!
  • qariqiz
    qariqiz Posts: 4 Member
    I think the attraction is that it's sweet, gooey, and kind of like peanut butter, except chocolate. :)
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    I have no idea ! I don't like it LOL
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    It's what Europeans use instead of peanut butter. Except the Dutch, they eat both. Forget toast - did you try sticking your finger in the jar and eating it plain? That's the preferred method.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Nutella is the best spread you can find :) (well ok, I'm European)
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Or on icecream! Or on digestive biscuits, or arrowroot, or graham crackers.....
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    biscoff-spread.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    It's what Europeans use instead of peanut butter. Except the Dutch, they eat both. Forget toast - did you try sticking your finger in the jar and eating it plain? That's the preferred method.

Like this, but with Nutella

peanutbutter_zpsf7359d8d.gif
  • anyd18
    anyd18 Posts: 35 Member
    crepe loaded with nutella and bananas. mmmmmm.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    All others are pretenders to the throne
    DSC5304.jpg
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Nutino > nutella.... yeh I said it! And ill never take it back!
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    To me it tastes like chocolate icing in a jar. Too addictive. I haven't bought it in years. What cracks me up every time I see the commercial is when they say "and a hint of cocoa". If that's what they consider a hint, I'd hate to see what they would consider a jar of chocolate spread!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    DSC5304.jpg

I might have to agree with you. :drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    DSC5304.jpg

I've refused to buy it so far.

I love Nutella. I grew up with it though so I can actually moderate myself with it, except if I make crepes, but even then I don't even put half a serving on them... maybe a third. A little goes a long way.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Nutella is pure perfection. I truly just like a spoonful of it rather than spreading it on toast or anything. One tablespoon totally squelches my chocolate craving, it works wonders.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    I don't get it. It's too sweet, gooey and kinds of like peanut butter except it's too sweet and gooey. Maybe I'm just not doing it right but, I don't understand the fuss over Nutella. I've tried smearing it on toast but... So, what's the attraction?

The only possible explanation is that your taste buds are broken. :noway: :laugh:
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Spread it on a graham cracker. So good!!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    I loooove the taste but I agree- its too sweet. I made it myself once and added less sugar and it was AWESOME but too much work.

Also, I just want to point out the lack of a word for "too sweet" in the English language. It bugs me every time I say "too sweet" :tongue:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    I love sweet goo!

friend request sent
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Oh man... Nutella on a (small) bagel = awesome.

They've started selling it in boxes of little single-serve packet thingies. Perfect for me, because usually a full jar goes bad long before I use it all up. Oh, and the built-in portion control is nice too. :-)
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    I grew up with Nutella and LOVE it. I never buy it though because I can *not* be trusted near it and man, is that stuff calorie dense.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,147 Member

Like this, but with Nutella

peanutbutter_zpsf7359d8d.gif
    giphy.gif
  • DiscePati
    DiscePati Posts: 55 Member
    It's already been said, but Nutella is the bomb-diggity. I fell in love with it while living in Germany and having access to the world's finest chocolates, baked goods, and ice cream. My preferred method of Nutella delivery would be on a croissant, but that's pretty rich for some. Heck, I'd probably eat a flip flop if it had Nutella on it.
  • CatastropheJones
    CatastropheJones Posts: 2 Member
    I'm sorry, did someone say they made their OWN nutella? Uh, recipe, plz?
    Also, anyone who doesn't love Nutella more than their own flesh and blood needs their pulse checked.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    I've never tried it. All the Nutella threads on here tell me I'm doing my waist a favor by keeping it that way.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    OP: I agree. Bought one jar a few years ago and it's way too sweet to taste anything but the sugar in it.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Spread it on a graham cracker. So good!!
    If you add a marshmallow toasted over the burner it cuts the sweetness!
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Sugar and palm oil(saturated fat) also probably not really contributing to it being a health food.
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Love Nutella! My favorite is dipping pretzels in it. So good! I don't buy it very much since its not very nutritional and I eat it wayyyy to fast, but its great.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Nutella and banana sandwich in the morning is heaven. I only buy it occasionally because I can't resist it.