Do you get upset if someone removes you as a friend?

Options

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    No. On here, I've been known to say, "Oh darn, I liked her!" but then I'm over it. I figure life got in the way, i was too inactive, whatever. If it's because my diary is private, then BYE, you don't NEED to know what I eat.

On Facebook, if it's someone I am still close with on a daily basis I'd probably ask them but for old pals from high school, if I even noticed, I'd probably just assume our politics have taken us in different directions.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that happen on FB too much save for one self-righteous turd.

On here, I had someone add me and then they dropped me in the same day. WTF.

I've done that, I've accepted a request from someone with a closed profile and once I looked at their profile and diary I deleted them again.

wow....
  • albayin
    Options
    I don't accept friend invite here and I don't do Facebook...For the first one it's just because I have nothing to share on my profile. for the latter, it's a personal choice. :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Nope. Don't sweat it, its probably just taking them too long to get through everyone's posts. This is all I have and it's too much, imagine if someone has this, Facebook, tumblr, twitter or whatever, it takes too long, people get cut, sometimes it's you. It's not personal just the internet :)
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    No, I take it cheerfully. Maybe it's nothing personal, maybe it is. We can't be all things to all people.

To be honest, I wish I could defriend myself. Man, I clog up my newsfeed, especially with pug nonsense.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that happen on FB too much save for one self-righteous turd.

On here, I had someone add me and then they dropped me in the same day. WTF.

I've done that, I've accepted a request from someone with a closed profile and once I looked at their profile and diary I deleted them again.

wow....

Why wow? I couldn't see their profile before I accepted, I accepted then realised they 100% did not have any of the same ideals, goals etc as me, and didn't think that we could mutually benefit each other in any way, so I deleted.
  • albayin
    Options
    Nope. Don't sweat it, its probably just taking them too long to get through everyone's posts. This is all I have and it's too much, imagine if someone has this, Facebook, tumblr, twitter or whatever, it takes too long, people get cut, sometimes it's you. It's not personal just the internet :)

"It's not personal (sonny), its just business"
    -the GodFather
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have not really noticed. Tho I wouldn't be upset.
    I will remove you after a 2 week absence unless you say something.
    I am an active member and want active friends.
    If that makes me terrible then so be it...
  • RosanaRosanaDana
    RosanaRosanaDana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I stay friends with people who motivate me to achieve my goal. That's why they became my friends right? Suppose I find that I am always rooting them on but their not doing the same for me, I unfriend them. It takes a lot of time to help people, I expect the same for me. Sorry, but I'm here for a reason. I'm really looking for support.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't even notice. Sometimes I wonder if my list number has changed or not but I can never remember. So no, I don't get upset but I'm not much of a social media person (this is place is the closest I get to that sort of thing). That might be why I just don't care if someone I don't really, truly know decides they don't want to be my MFP "friend" anymore. I like the people in my list just fine, especially the active folks but if they decided to bounce, they obviously had a reason. I'm not controlling enough of a person to need to know why though there's a handful of that might make me wonder why (the people that I interact with the most).
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    When people on my list don't log for 5-7 days they get the axe.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    i get upset if I have a fight with an actual friend and then the actual friend no longer wants to do things together. If an online person I don't know in real life social-networks with me then later decides to no longer social-network with me I can't say I care much to be honest.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    For the most part, NO.
  • sandryc
    sandryc Posts: 33
    Options
    If you think often about what people think about you then people probably think about you much less often than you think. :)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Nope. If they remove me, it's because we were not a good match as friends - they just figured it out sooner than I did. Saves me the trouble of doing it later.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Absolutely do not get upset at all, in fact, as I am not a good 'friend' as such I would be surprised if someone didn't remove me.

I am not good at all with friending people on sites or social media, in fact I find it a chore to be actively involved and would prefer to be involved on forums instead. I even have a disclaimer on my profile here:

"MFP Friend Requests - just so you know I am not good at all with being actively involved with friend lists so I find it best not to accept friend requests, it avoids the drama of 'friends' feeling like they are being ignored."
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It's only bothered me once or twice but otherwise no. And when it bothered me, I was well aware of the reasons for the ending of the friendship.

On Facebook, I tend to get deleted by elderly relatives because I don't play Farmville 2 or some other game that they're still playing.
  • lollycaramello
    Options
    Firstly, STOP APOLIGISING!!!!
    You can't please all the people al of the time. Be true to yourself
    & remember what your gram gram said " Treat people as you want to be treated".
    If you are posting something on MFP, Facebook, Twitter, ANYTHING, read it back as if it was directed at you & you'll have no problems. Life's too short to worry about stuff like that.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The most common reason I 'unfriend' someone is that I'm just swamped with following too many people, so I have to trim people I converse with less frequently.

if you didn't do anything wrong, you were probably unfriended simply because the person who left didn't have time to follow everyone's story and had to let a few people go.

add: in short, most of my unfriending is about my time management, not the person's merit. Unless I know I did something wrong or we had a fight, I figure the same when someone unfriends me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I know I should try not to take it personally, but if I notice someone has removed me as a friend, be it on MFP, Facebook, or whatever, I really take it to heart.
    Dude, why? Who cares?

I find I'm better without them. I had one goob telling me I was an a-hole for being a gun owner. I was like lulz, east coaster. They unfriended me. Nothing of value was lost. Who cares. Don't turn this place into a highschool fill in, the drama llama isn't worth it.