Do you get upset if someone removes you as a friend?

Options
13»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I've defriended people for a variety of reasons (inactivity, inconsistency, opposing viewpoints, they were all drama, etc). I've also been defriended. A few times it bothered me a little, because I liked the person. But generally, eh, it's the internet, it's not really anything personal.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Depends largely on whether or not I've gotten the nudez from them yet and/or if they're gun owners*.

*Last part may not be relevant...I'm a gadfly.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I know I should try not to take it personally, but if I notice someone has removed me as a friend, be it on MFP, Facebook, or whatever, I really take it to heart.
    Dude, why? Who cares?

I find I'm better without them. I had one goob telling me I was an a-hole for being a gun owner. I was like lulz, east coaster. They unfriended me. Nothing of value was lost. Who cares. Don't turn this place into a highschool fill in, the drama llama isn't worth it.
    HEY I LIVE ON THE EAST COAST, HOW DARE YOU? UNFRIENDED.:angry:

Wait.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't get offended. To each their won.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I know I should try not to take it personally, but if I notice someone has removed me as a friend, be it on MFP, Facebook, or whatever, I really take it to heart.
    Dude, why? Who cares?

I find I'm better without them. I had one goob telling me I was an a-hole for being a gun owner. I was like lulz, east coaster. They unfriended me. Nothing of value was lost. Who cares. Don't turn this place into a highschool fill in, the drama llama isn't worth it.
    I just think you're an a-hole in general.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I don't get angry, I just send my minions after them.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    No.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't get angry, I just send my minions after them.

you know those minions...often mess things up....with good intention...LOL love those little yellow things...
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    if anyone ever removed me i didnt notice ..but no i wouldnt get upset if i did take notice ..why get upset about someone who isnt interested to talk to you?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    HEY I LIVE ON THE EAST COAST, HOW DARE YOU? UNFRIENDED.:angry:

What can I say, living in Boston sucked hard. ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    110% accurate.

I'm a bit lovable when I want to be too.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    On here I don't think I would notice tbh. On Facebook I might notice but I have actual friends and family on there, people I have known for years, not just random interwebz people and even then if they want to delete me then that's their business, so what?

Also like someone else on here, I've had people FR me, I've added them and I've deleted them right after because I couldn't see their profile before. I delete them if they have a closed diary and/or their goals are way different to mine.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    110% accurate.

I kid, I kid :flowerforyou:
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    Not really, I am pretty picky about adding someone to my list, and trimmed my own list so it would be hypocritical of me to fault someone else for removing me.
  • dbmata
    Options
    110% accurate.

You're accurate. Ask my mom. ;)

Her birthday message was: Well, guess I'm glad you weren't one of the ones I spit out.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    ... I don't notice. LOL I don't take things/friendships seriously on the internet. I'm there to support/motivate you and vice versa.
    It is pretty funny how seriously some people take this whole MFP "friends" business. It's not uncommon for profiles to begin with a bunch of rules under which you MIGHT be granted friendship should you be so lucky. I just laugh and keep moving.

Then there was the guy who spent a long time making and editing a YouTube video to EXPLAIN why he was deleting his account. :laugh:
  • Alluminati
    Options
    110% accurate.

You're accurate. Ask my mom. ;)

Her birthday message was: Well, guess I'm glad you weren't one of the ones I spit out.
    :laugh: terrible!
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    No, unless it's that cute women I had a crush on when we worked together. If that's the case, I'll have to stalk her photos based on being friends with her brother. When he unfriends me, well life just may not be worth living.

As for when someone on MFP unfriends me, well I take it as a compliment.