25 To Life -- AUGUST

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome, pdx (are you from Portland?)! Enjoy your beach time. :smile:

Jen, I'm so proud of you! I remember a few months ago you were hemming and hawing about joining the gym, and now you are a workout machine! Way to go!

Emily - so exciting that you get to hang out with Jeremy and Manda! Say hello from all of us. :drinker:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    alright, time for me to check in.

And i have to admit that i didnt enter in my food today as the day went along. I guess if i try REALLL hard i can get it all entered before bed....

i think..THINK i am close on calories...but not sure.

ok yall convinced me, i'll go on and log, and then report back in a second with the results of today!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    ok i didnt do as good as i 'thought' i had done on my own today. just goes to prove that logging is really the only true way to tell!

my other big problem is that i am eating most of my calories in the evening..and i know there are big debates over eating after a certain hour, but i have to say that i dont get home til late every day, by the time i can cook and eat, it is usually around 8 or 9! Ive also heard that our body is not necessarily on a 24 hour clock really, so anyway, here were the results
    Total: 1,785
    Your Daily Goal: 2,450 (1000 exercise)
    Remaining: 665

prolly should have had a bigger lunch. And breakfast. I know i know BAD EM for no breakfast. I had coffee but i know that doesnt count. siiighh
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    ok i didnt do as good as i 'thought' i had done on my own today. just goes to prove that logging is really the only true way to tell!

my other big problem is that i am eating most of my calories in the evening..and i know there are big debates over eating after a certain hour, but i have to say that i dont get home til late every day, by the time i can cook and eat, it is usually around 8 or 9! Ive also heard that our body is not necessarily on a 24 hour clock really, so anyway, here were the results
    Total: 1,785
    Your Daily Goal: 2,450 (1000 exercise)
    Remaining: 665

prolly should have had a bigger lunch. And breakfast. I know i know BAD EM for no breakfast. I had coffee but i know that doesnt count. siiighh

But you are working on it and that is what counts. I eat late every night too and I dont think eating late matters too much. Most days I dont get home until 6:30 and by the time I settle in and we cook supper it is like 8 or 9pm. And eat breakfast even a nutri grain bar has like 170 calories and will give you some extra energy and can eat on the run. Keep it up you are doing great.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    hanks sind! im glad im not the only one who doesn't get to cook until late.

today i am going to a best girlfriends baby shower, and i am so excited. I tie dyed some onesies for her!
    Next month, her hubby and mine are going sky diving as a final extravaganza before they are officially parents..i am nervous, but excited he finally gets to try it, as he has always wanted to.
  • sindyb9
    Options
    baby showers are so much fun. my favorites are the onesies they must look really cute tie dyed. Ok did arobics today and going to walk to store to do some shopping that gets the exercise out of the way. :laugh:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hey everybody! I am still slacking a bit when it comes to logging my calories of home-cooked and restaurant food - it's so hard to guess the portions. I feel like I am doing well, and everyone at work is still making comments to me even though I've only lost a couple of pounds in the last month and a half. I am starting to think that maybe I really am gaining muscle - because my clothes feel looser, and I am noticing how my body 'feels' different with a much thinner layer of fat over everything. Putting my hand on my hip or stomach feels completely different than it used to! I'm a little worried that my butt is getting flat... :laugh: Once I get into healthy BMI range (another 8 pounds or so) I will kick up my strength training to try and start looking more fit. I have stayed away from things like pilates and yoga because I wanted to focus on burning more calories in the limited time that I feel like I have to spend working out - but I really want to start improving my core strength and flexibility as soon as I lose a few more pounds. I am already working on the pushup challenge and abs so it is a start.

Hey, I haven't had any water yet today! Just 2 cups of coffee! :noway: Bad Chris! (going to fill up my bottle now) Have a great weekend, all. :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Just checking in. Wow this has been a busy month it is great everyone is keeping busy and living life. Everyone seams to be doing so well. Great Job everyone:drinker: As you know I have changed everything up to end a very long plateau and have added arobics on the week ends. Very funny I am on my third week end and getting a little better at it and I am using muscles I forgot I had :laugh: :laugh: Everyone have a great day. :bigsmile:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been MIA for a few days. We had a wedding to go to. I call it the wedding that keeps on giving. We are still at the beach. Thursday night was a Dinner and Cocktail party. The food options were not great but not the worst thing either. Then friday was a beach Bonfire and Hotdog roast. Luckily they had turkey dogs as a choice and since hotdogs are not my fav it was easy to have one and walk away! Last night was the wedding ....it was a sit down dinner so that is definately good as there is no chance to go back for more! Salad, then chicken or halibut with steamed veggies. I am sure that the sauce they all sat in was not great but it couldnt be avoided! Lots of dancing until the wee hours of the night. Unfortunately that is the only exercise I have been able to do the past few days. I need to work on that one ....I get busy and the exercise takes the back burner! At the beach for 3 more days before going home. Only healthy food in the fridge so if I can get the exercise in then I should see the same #s on the scale when I get home!!!! Here's for hoping!

cp005e- I am from Portland Oregon! Glad to be at the coast these last few days in 65 degree's vs. the 105 it has been in Portland. We just dont get that hot very often! :noway:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hey pdx - my husband grew up in Coos Bay. We were just out in Portland for a wedding in July (and it was rather warm, actually, but not THAT hot - wow), and then visiting relatives down in Medford as well. I love Oregon in the summer, though - nice and sunny! :happy:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    We do see alot of rain but we also have a wonderful summer and fall. We dont often get into the 100's. It is currently raining and having thunderstorms. I am at the beach and tomorrow night we are supposed to have 50 mph winds and rain. We will likely lose our power. I am in a little town on the coast right now called Neskowin. I am fortunate enough to have a family beach house on my husbands side and whenever it gets too hot we escape to the beach! It is never much out of the 70's here at the most. We are spoiled.
    I have never lived outside of the Pacific NW. I did finally get to the East Coast a few weeks ago. It was wonderful but definately different!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Hey guys!

Super quick post here goes!

My computer fried, am waiting on the arrival of a new one. Hopefully soon!

I joined a local running group and have a weekend hike with a friend scheduled regularily! Hopefully this will help.

Sorry don't have time to catch up, but I hope everyone's doing great!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hey everyone - just checking in. I will be weighing in tomorrow (I went to a cooking class with my husband last night and we tasted SO MUCH food that I didn't feel good about weighing in this morning!) but I am not too optimistic. I seem to be plateauing. However... I am really proud of myself - I jogged for 30 MINUTES on the treadmill today! If you recall, I hate running. But I am so amazed that I was even able to do it. Also, I started the 100 pushup challenge over again, doing full pushups now. I did 28 total!

So, not too depressed, even though my weight doesn't seem to be moving much. The last time I plateaued, I broke it by eating more and exercising less - crazy, right? But maybe I will try and do more moderate walking instead of getting my heart rate up so high doing cardio.

Hope you all are doing well. Sorry about your computer, Kerri!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in.
    I want to go on that show "How to Look Good Naked". hehe (not really), I'm watching it right now. Carson is so inspiring!
    Anyway, doing the same ol', same ol'! Did cardio today. One more week till school starts! yeah!! and boo at the same time. (my little guy is leaving me! :sad: :sad: ) but, I'll be able to try and make some more money (and hopefully with my alone time, not spend money which is what I do when I'm by myself) and go to the gym every day without guilt that I have to leave 'cause the kids are in the child watch. (they only can be left in there for 2 hours) and sometimes I can easily go over 2 hours with just having fun doing different cardio, then doing the machines, and then some floor work. Hopefully this will benefit me now!
    I haven't really budged for weeks. Don't know what to do. I'm sure it will move soon, but it's getting a little aggravating. I get on the scale and keep seeing the same weight.
    I would love to get on the scale and see 5 pounds just disappear, but I have to have patience.
    Mean scale said 159, nice scale said 155. I really want to be in the 40's SOON!
    So, I made lazy store bought sauce tonight (I usually buy "good" jarred or make my own) well, I bought Hunts spaghetti sauce with sausage tonight, HELLO the sodium was 1220!! good lord. Won't do that again!
    anyhoo, keep up the great work everyone!
  • byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    i am a bit discouraged. When I started this site(not to long ago 3 weeks?.) I was 192 then I hit down to 187 in like 5 days which was CRAZY and that was a week ago, I was so excited to see the loss come off so fast, I guess my body responded positively to the new change! But Im still stuck at 187 sometimes I go up to 188 then down 187. I know its going to take more then a week to see the lbs come off... BUT i hear about everyone elses great success in months! My cal intake is 1400 and some days I only hit 1000 or 1200 and other days I only have 50 cals left! could this be a reason? I try to get to the gym 3 days a week and each time i go I burn 300-400 cals. :sighs:

Thanks for listening.:ohwell:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good Morning everyone. Had a day off of work yesterday which ment lots of appointments and running around, my son is a senior this year so we had to do his year book shots. I almost cried he looked so handsom. Just read through the posts. Sorry about your computer kerri. byn101 dont get too discouraged I tend to loose the weight go a couple weeks not loosing and then a few pounds drop again. Make sure you dont go under 1200 cals or you will go into starvation mode and eat your exercise calories too. I know it is hard to eat all those calories but your body needs the fuel. Once I started eating all mine I started loosing again. Have a good day.:bigsmile:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Hey everyone - just a quick post to say that I did end up losing a little over half a pound this week, which means I am officially down 45. Like Sindy said last week - one pound is better than no pound!

Oh, and Emily - I'm excited because they are doing a "sample" Zumba class next week during my regular aerobics timeslot to see if there is enough interest for a regular class. Should be fun!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    sweeeet! Im so glad you will get a chance to shake yo thang!

its really fun...this past class was fun, because my teacher just got back from a zumba conference, and so she was in rare form and so hilarious... i hope you'll get a chance to take the class if there is enough interest. it has changed my whole view of what a 'workout' is!!

i have been doin ok...ive bene giving into sweets all too often, but i think that i am generally near my calories, even tho sometimes its in bad stuff....its 90 % good stuff!
  • cp005e
    Options
    sweeeet! Im so glad you will get a chance to shake yo thang!

:laugh: Speaking of that... my aerobics instructor yesterday ended class a few minutes early because she wanted someone to teach her the Mary J Blige "Go Hard or Go Home (Just Fine)" line dance for a party she was throwing. I figured, I can still use the workout - what the heck. I might as well make a fool of myself learning a hip-hop line dance instead of leaving early because I was embarrassed. So, I did! I think the other ladies there thought I was crazy (I'm not exactly the expected demographic!), but once I started picking it up they starting smiling at me more. And I almost got it - at least I tried! :laugh:

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyIq87bNrU
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Just checking in real quick work has been really busy so everything is good. still doing lots of walking and sticking to my calories. Hope everyone is doing great. WTG cp every little bit helps. :drinker: You are looking so great EM.

Everyone have a great day. :bigsmile: