MFP Motorcycle riders

Options

Replies

• dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Most my riding is on a 2011 Ducati MultiSrada 1200s. Also in the herd is a '09 Suzuki DR650, '73 850 Norton Commando, and a '73 Bultaco Pursang.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I have a 2014 Yamaha FZ-09. Just bought it yesterday. It's my third bike.

Edited because images were too big to fit. It's Blazing Orange.
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have my license(since April of 2011), but sadly no bike. I learned on a TINY Suzuki 150, and it was still almost too tall for me. So I want one like this:

ed6s7.jpg

That's a Suzuki 250 and it's adorable, while also being smallish and fast enough. I'm pretty sure the one I learned on couldn't break 25 mph downhill with a tailwind :laugh:
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I have my license(since April of 2011), but sadly no bike. I learned on a TINY Suzuki 150, and it was still almost too tall for me. So I want one like this:

ed6s7.jpg

That's a Suzuki 250 and it's adorable, while also being smallish and fast enough. I'm pretty sure the one I learned on couldn't break 25 mph downhill with a tailwind :laugh:

My aunt has one of those 250s - great bike!
  • stacysum
    Options
    I ride a 2006 Suzuki sv1000s :smile:

4a166a5a-d20f-4420-aca9-90bf6d898dff.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Been riding street bikes since 1970. Currently riding a 1997 Royal Star (pic in profile). Been on Apple Pie Run to Apple Valley. Toys for Tots for years. Street Vibrations to Reno. Good Vibrations to Salem. Going to Hollister this Summer and Sturgis next summer.

Longest run I ever took was San Diego to Chicago. I ride any time the road is dry and the temperature is above freezing. Rode today and it's 33 degrees F outside.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hey guys .. I just wanted to check and see who out there rides.

What kind of bike and how often do you ride?
    Ever been to any of the big rallies?

Pics of your bike?

Forgot to add my own info:

I ride a GSXR - Been riding for over 10 years
    Ive never been to Sturgis or Daytona.. but I have been to ROT in Austin.. that's out biggest one.
    If I wasn't at work I could add a pic of my bike ..

My husband and I ride a Virago 1100. I got my permit and used to have one but I can't drive it on my own bc of my back. So I just get to ride b!tch and enjoy the scenery. We haven't been to a big rally yet but our hope is to make to Sturgis sometime soon!
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MX counts?

27187_341978739890_1954788_n.jpg?lvh=1
  • ColoradoDogMom
    ColoradoDogMom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I ride a '95 Ultra Classic. I would love to save up for a trike after we get our house paid off. We live at 9000 feet in Colorado, so we have a short riding season, but ride every time we get the chance. :glasses:
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm a brand new rider. Maybe 250 miles on my butt. I have a little Kawasake KLR250. I ride to/from work (95+ mpg!!!) and out the rural roads, including a little dirt. I was wondering about the calorie burn, e.g. could I consider it "exercise". I certainly feel like I've worked out after a couple of hours out there! Using "Map My Fitness" I've called it "horseback riding" since it's the closest thing they have. The 50 mile ride I did last night would suggest a 771 calorie burn with that designation, and I'm sure it wasn't that much. I like the other post in here that figures it around 120 cal per hour.

I also have an '88 Honda NX650. We went down :(. We're both getting fixed.

BF rides a BMW FS650
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2001 SV650. I've completely Franken-biked her. 2008 GSXR Front end, rear wheel, R6 brakes and MC. ZX-10r rear shock and brakes. Buell headlight. I don't even know how to identify her anymore.

SVatDusk.jpg

very cool. looks hella awesome from this angle

I have a 2007 sv650s. going to upgrade with an elka shock and emulators for the front
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Yamaha Fazer 600 I ride to work every day. I've been riding on and off for about 30 years.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a 2011 harley blackline

ZlS9vUM.jpg

ride as much as i can
  • socko6774
    socko6774 Posts: 200
    Options
    Suzuki TL1000R 4.jpg
  • BeautifulSoul705
    BeautifulSoul705 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Harley Fat Boy and a GSXR
  • socko6774
    socko6774 Posts: 200
    Options

My kinda chickie!
  • BeautifulSoul705
    Options
    HELL YEAH!
  • BeautifulSoul705
    Options

My kinda chickie!
  • BeautifulSoul705
    Options
    Two thumbs up. One for fellow rider and One for fellow Officer!
  • BeautifulSoul705
    Options
    Two thumbs up. One for fellow rider and One for fellow Officer!

:)