:(

Options
2»

Replies

• Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I lost the vast majority of my weight eating pizza for dinner almost every day because I was in college, and that's all that the cafeteria had that I liked. I planned my snacks around it because I knew I would want it. I lost my first 60 pounds in college eating a lot of pizza.

Losing weight isn't about what you're eating, it's how much. That slice of pizza was 310 calories and something like 12g of fat. I am on a 1200 allowance, so that was 900 calories for the rest of the day I could fill by eating whatever I wanted as long as it was under my goals.

Tonight for dinner, my husband and I had hamburgers and baked potato wedges, and I don't feel bad about it because I made sure to eat in a way that wouldn't make me go over. Eat what you like, just eat at a calorie deficit, and don't starve yourself. Set your calories to 1200 at least and give that a shot. With exercise, it should work. You can't live healthily on 500 calories every day. It just isn't going to work! Eat, enjoy your food!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Okay, I missed her saying she's at 500 cals. If that's the case..no no no. As Cupcake said - read the links and don't starve yourself. It's not the frozen meals but the lack of sustenance that is causing your headaches.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Have a treat now and then. It won't kill you. As I like to say, there's no point losing weight if your sanity goes along with it.
  • Emeryeon
    Emeryeon Posts: 61
    Options
    i hope u guys r right cause i dont wanna gain weight but ill try eat small 3 small meals or somethin
    i dont think im getting those frozen dinners ever again cause they only make my head hurt
    What have you set your calorie goal at?
    i think its 1500 or 1200 calories a day idk
    i know i should eat more...and im going to. i thought water and 1 small meal would make me okay i guess not
  • Emeryeon
    Options
    Okay, I missed her saying she's at 500 cals. If that's the case..no no no. As Cupcake said - read the links and don't starve yourself. It's not the frozen meals but the lack of sustenance that is causing your headaches.
    i wouldnt say its starving since im eating but ill eat more, we dont have the many foods at my house other than junk, sweets and what not so I just dont eat that much
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    i hope u guys r right cause i dont wanna gain weight but ill try eat small 3 small meals or somethin
    i dont think im getting those frozen dinners ever again cause they only make my head hurt
    i know i should eat more...and im going to. i thought water and 1 small meal would make me okay i guess not

You need to find out what your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is. That's the amount of calories your body needs just to function if you were in a coma. There are calculators, and I'm pretty sure there's a link in the sexypants thread. I don't know how much you weigh, but I'm willing to bet you shouldn't be eating under that number. Especially at your age.

ETA ask your mom to please go to the store and buy lean meats and vegetables. My diary is open if you need ideas. You can still have treats. I eat ice cream for breakfast almost every day (don't tell Acrylics). :wink:
  • aal254
    aal254 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt say its starving since im eating but ill eat more, we dont have the many foods at my house other than junk, sweets and what not so I just dont eat that much
    I have lost almost 20 lbs in less than 2 months so far, and my diet has consisted of mainly fast food. If cooking healthy food for yourself at home isn't a viable option (like it is for me as a college student), most fast food places can be quite diet friendly as long as you know how to make the right choices when eating there.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Look at it like this. Humans are large animals. We have big bodies and need to fuel them accordingly.

Picture a ten pound cat. He needs to eat about 300 calories daily and he is only a cat. Hes more than 10 times smaller than the average human.

I know I am putting this really simply, but for a large mammal, such as we all are, eating "one small meal" every day is not only insufficient, but dangerous. Make sure you are hitting your calorie goal in a safe, healthy and sustainable manner.
  • Emeryeon
    Options

You need to find out what your basal metabolic rate (BMR) is. That's the amount of calories your body needs just to function if you were in a coma. There are calculators, and I'm pretty sure there's a link in the sexypants thread. I don't know how much you weigh, but I'm willing to bet you shouldn't be eating under that number. Especially at your age.

ETA ask your mom to please go to the store and buy lean meats and vegetables. My diary is open if you need ideas. You can still have treats. I eat ice cream for breakfast almost every day (don't tell Acrylics). :wink:
    ur diary is very useful because most of the time i have no idea what to eat!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

No judgment here; cake for breakfast is my favorite. :wink:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

500 calories per day is actually literally starving, yes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I only said that because you said this.

2.) There's nothing wrong with M&Ms. But you do need to try to get enough nutrients, so start out with some actual meals first.

I didn't want to be a bad influence! :bigsmile:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

ur diary is very useful because most of the time i have no idea what to eat!!

That's why I posted this link. READ IT! Please. :flowerforyou: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

I only said that because you said this.

2.) There's nothing wrong with M&Ms. But you do need to try to get enough nutrients, so start out with some actual meals first.

I didn't want to be a bad influence! :bigsmile:

:laugh:

Oh well that's what a little pre-planning can do for you.