Should I become a Beachbody Coach?

Options

Replies

• Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    MLMs are a great way to annoy and alienate your friends and family.

It's also a great way to reduce your Facebook friend list.

So that's kind of like losing weight, right? ????
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'll add in a few things for folks to think about:
    1. If you're good at it, don't do it for free.
    2. Don't pay for the "opportunity" to work for someone else.
    3. Don't get into a "business" that requires you to buy and use your own product as a customer, unless it's a cat house or a grocery store.
    4. Good products sell themselves, there's a difference between mlms and franchises, people seek out franchises because they're good.
    5. Learn the signs of a pyramid or ponzi, and avoid.

Good luck.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'll add in a few things for folks to think about:
    1. If you're good at it, don't do it for free.
    2. Don't pay for the "opportunity" to work for someone else.
    3. Don't get into a "business" that requires you to buy and use your own product as a customer, unless it's a cat house or a grocery store.
    4. Good products sell themselves, there's a difference between mlms and franchises, people seek out franchises because they're good.
    5. Learn the signs of a pyramid or ponzi, and avoid.

Good luck.

That is really great advice.
    The OP may not use it since this post was from 2012, but obviously others are reading it since it keeps getting bumped. Well said!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Would you rather have someone with a B.A. in physical fitness and/or B.S. sports medicine train you or a personal trainer? Who has more value, the person with the B.A./B.S. in physical fitness/sports medicine or the licensed personal trainer?

Do either of them even lift?
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Being an obnoxious spamming a-hole sounds like a fun job to me.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    LOL! I agree. I would never use a personal trainer because I'm frugal. I was just wondering what other folks who do thought.
    Would you rather have someone with a B.A. in physical fitness and/or B.S. sports medicine train you or a personal trainer? Who has more value, the person with the B.A./B.S. in physical fitness/sports medicine or the licensed personal trainer?

Do either of them even lift?
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you do don't quit your day job. I know way too many people who are struggling with this and spend so much time trying to advertise that they all sound the same *dies*
  • JaeLeePGH
    JaeLeePGH Posts: 12
    Options
    I am sad to see some of these replies. Everything is what you make of it. My Coach makes a few thousand a week.. and the coach above her.. even more. The trick is.. being on a WINNING team. You can't randomly sign up as a coach without finding the right team to be on and making sure you will work well within them.

As with anything.. you get out what you put into it. I am proud to be a Beachbody Coach. I offer free challenge groups.. groups for all sorts of things whether it be nutrition, workouts, grocery trips.. you name it. And why shouldn't I use the product? I lost over 60 pounds using Insanity, P90X, and many more. Like I said.. it is what you make of it. If anyone out there has any questions or even wants to join my Challenge groups to see what ACTIVE.. DEDICATED.. and REAL Coaches can do for their customers and team.. shoot me a message. I bet ya I can prove the nay sayers wrong.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I am sad to see some of these replies. Everything is what you make of it. My Coach makes a few thousand a week.. and the coach above her.. even more. The trick is.. being on a WINNING team. You can't randomly sign up as a coach without finding the right team to be on and making sure you will work well within them.

As with anything.. you get out what you put into it. I am proud to be a Beachbody Coach. I offer free challenge groups.. groups for all sorts of things whether it be nutrition, workouts, grocery trips.. you name it. And why shouldn't I use the product? I lost over 60 pounds using Insanity, P90X, and many more. Like I said.. it is what you make of it. If anyone out there has any questions or even wants to join my Challenge groups to see what ACTIVE.. DEDICATED.. and REAL Coaches can do for their customers and team.. shoot me a message. I bet ya I can prove the nay sayers wrong.

Strong first post...
  • JaeLeePGH
    Options
    Thanks Jimmmer.. I actually used to be a very active member of MFP 4 years ago..I just couldn't find my old log in info =(

I decided to join back in because after my baby.. well ya know.. things happen lol.

I am also pretty Alpha and speak my mind.. so ya.. there is that.

And to the guy who said everyone is working for a company that is selling something.. TRUTH. 100%.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Noooo! MLM businesses are a terrible way to make money. Most people end up losing money on them. And you become a full time salesperson trying to convince everyone in your life to buy overpriced products..

You're better off just finding new, legitimate employment. Best of luck to you.

And you know this how? Have you ever given an honest, consistent and long-term effort at an MLM? Because MLMs have produced more millionaire than any other occupation. How can you make such a blanket statement without knowing her occupation, education and situation?

Becoming a TBB Coach was the best decision I have ever made and you'll be in good hands with Jenelle (and, no, I"m not in Jenelle's downline and stand to gain nothing by saying this). Make no mistake about it, it does require work and consistency and a strong desire to help people, not just make money. The coaches who are in it only to make money are the coaches you see on here being all spammy and salesy and are the people who will either MLM hop or won't be coaching 6 months from now. I coached around my full time job for 18 months and sacrificed some things in my personal life so that I could quit my job and do this full time, and I don't have one single regret doing it that way! Good luck to you!
  • RobynMWilson
    Options

Not true...

Lindsay Matway, our top coach in 2013, was "orphaned" into this business and had to build hers from the ground up. It doesn't really matter what team you come in with. I was also "orphaned" into this business and am building a solid team, but I see some coaches come in under the top coaches and fail miserably. It all depends on how committed you are to working this as a business and not a hobby and how much of your heart you invest in this business.
  • RobynMWilson
    Options
    Don't do it! I became a coach when I was low on cash and it was the worst thing I could have done. There are better and more reliable ways of making money. There are so many problems with Beachbody coaching:

1) You'll always be talking about Beachbody trying to sell products or recruit other coaches. You will drive your friends mad. If you decide not to talk to friends and rely on strangers and online relationships then you will have a much harder time of it.
    2) There's a lot of competition out there. You might sign up a customer and then have them stolen away from you. It's in the rules not to recruit on the Team BB website forum yet every day I get messages from coaches trying to entice me away. Holding onto customers means 'building a relationship' but also maintaining it - that takes a lot of time.
    3) They say you can do it in only a few hours a day. This is true for people who have been doing it for a while because their downline coaches are also generating income for them with team bonuses and the like. For a new person, being a coach can turn into a full-time job itself because you rely on you only.
    4) They say that it doesn't cost much but don't forget that to be 'active' as a coach you have to have 50pv points in purchases, i.e. $50. Your upline coach will probably want you to buy Shakeology to maintain your active status so we're talking about $90 (not sure of current prices today) each month.
    5) I find the fake positivity of Beachbody annoying. Coaches will post to their wall about how it's changed their lives and how great things are but that's because they're trying to sell the lifestyle to you! Behind the scenes myself and fellow coaches were ALL struggling. I'm still friends with some of my fellow coaches and they'll write to me about how burned out they are, that they want to quit, etc and then straight after post how amazing their life is and how much they love BB. It's a lie.
    6) The coaches are the real money makers for Beachbody. Customers will buy products now and then but the coaches spend money regularly - they have to in order to maintain their active status. I truly think 'coaches' are taken advantage of.

When I quit coaching, I was told I hadn't tried hard enough and I found that so insulting. The idea was that if you work hard, you'll be successful so if you aren't successful then you obviously weren't trying. Getting few sales was tough on the old self-esteem! The most successful coaches (thinking of a friend who went diamond in just two weeks) recruit their friends and family. The friend who went diamond also set up fake profiles, made them coaches under her, paid their bills, etc.

Unfortunately my experience tainted my thoughts about Beachbody to some degree. I still think their programmes are great, I still recommend them but that's as far as it goes for me. Also, as a coach I felt very uncomfortable about some of the programme info that was provided. Les Mills Pump told me to eat 1300 calories, which is way too low. The Ultimate Reset is about 1200 calories and drops down to about 800 in the final week, which is sheer starvation. I often worried about whether or not people were getting anything out of their experience or if they were feeling bad, falling off the wagon and getting into a worse position as a result. A lot of Beachbody's nutritional guidelines are carb-heavy and I've had more success with low carb eating than I ever had with two years of their programmes.

All that being said, it's your choice. Sometimes the best lessons are the ones you've learnt yourself by diving straight in. I usually stay away from BB-bashing because some of their coaches can be really rude and protective but I can only share my own experiences and what I saw. It's up to you to decide what to do with the info!

Funny..I'm not trying to "sell" all my family and friends. Hmmm. And I've been a coach since 2012. And I did build my full time income in about 3 hours per day till I quit my job and started coaching full time.

Please talk about your experience and yours ONLY. You cannot speak for all of the other coaches out there. I"m sorry it didn't work out for you but I've seen over and over again that those who put forth a consistent effort with coaching see success. Including myself.
  • JaeLeePGH
    Options

Not true...

Lindsay Matway, our top coach in 2013, was "orphaned" into this business and had to build hers from the ground up. It doesn't really matter what team you come in with. I was also "orphaned" into this business and am building a solid team, but I see some coaches come in under the top coaches and fail miserably. It all depends on how committed you are to working this as a business and not a hobby and how much of your heart you invest in this business.

Those are good points.. I should take my own advice and like I said.. It is what you make of it. Joining an existing join who is successful is HELPFUL .. but I agree.. you can do it on your own if you have the will and drive to make it happen. Thanks for posting that.
  • JaeLeePGH
    Options
    Don't do it! I became a coach when I was low on cash and it was the worst thing I could have done. There are better and more reliable ways of making money. There are so many problems with Beachbody coaching:

1) You'll always be talking about Beachbody trying to sell products or recruit other coaches. You will drive your friends mad. If you decide not to talk to friends and rely on strangers and online relationships then you will have a much harder time of it.
    2) There's a lot of competition out there. You might sign up a customer and then have them stolen away from you. It's in the rules not to recruit on the Team BB website forum yet every day I get messages from coaches trying to entice me away. Holding onto customers means 'building a relationship' but also maintaining it - that takes a lot of time.
    3) They say you can do it in only a few hours a day. This is true for people who have been doing it for a while because their downline coaches are also generating income for them with team bonuses and the like. For a new person, being a coach can turn into a full-time job itself because you rely on you only.
    4) They say that it doesn't cost much but don't forget that to be 'active' as a coach you have to have 50pv points in purchases, i.e. $50. Your upline coach will probably want you to buy Shakeology to maintain your active status so we're talking about $90 (not sure of current prices today) each month.
    5) I find the fake positivity of Beachbody annoying. Coaches will post to their wall about how it's changed their lives and how great things are but that's because they're trying to sell the lifestyle to you! Behind the scenes myself and fellow coaches were ALL struggling. I'm still friends with some of my fellow coaches and they'll write to me about how burned out they are, that they want to quit, etc and then straight after post how amazing their life is and how much they love BB. It's a lie.
    6) The coaches are the real money makers for Beachbody. Customers will buy products now and then but the coaches spend money regularly - they have to in order to maintain their active status. I truly think 'coaches' are taken advantage of.

When I quit coaching, I was told I hadn't tried hard enough and I found that so insulting. The idea was that if you work hard, you'll be successful so if you aren't successful then you obviously weren't trying. Getting few sales was tough on the old self-esteem! The most successful coaches (thinking of a friend who went diamond in just two weeks) recruit their friends and family. The friend who went diamond also set up fake profiles, made them coaches under her, paid their bills, etc.

Unfortunately my experience tainted my thoughts about Beachbody to some degree. I still think their programmes are great, I still recommend them but that's as far as it goes for me. Also, as a coach I felt very uncomfortable about some of the programme info that was provided. Les Mills Pump told me to eat 1300 calories, which is way too low. The Ultimate Reset is about 1200 calories and drops down to about 800 in the final week, which is sheer starvation. I often worried about whether or not people were getting anything out of their experience or if they were feeling bad, falling off the wagon and getting into a worse position as a result. A lot of Beachbody's nutritional guidelines are carb-heavy and I've had more success with low carb eating than I ever had with two years of their programmes.

All that being said, it's your choice. Sometimes the best lessons are the ones you've learnt yourself by diving straight in. I usually stay away from BB-bashing because some of their coaches can be really rude and protective but I can only share my own experiences and what I saw. It's up to you to decide what to do with the info!

Funny..I'm not trying to "sell" all my family and friends. Hmmm. And I've been a coach since 2012. And I did build my full time income in about 3 hours per day till I quit my job and started coaching full time.

Please talk about your experience and yours ONLY. You cannot speak for all of the other coaches out there. I"m sorry it didn't work out for you but I've seen over and over again that those who put forth a consistent effort with coaching see success. Including myself.

Agreed!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just ask to see the tax returns of the people who claim to be making tons of money. That is the only way to know the truth.

As a CPA/tax guy for 20 years, I have seen very few people make money at MLMs.

Preach.

These people exist, but they are the exception...and has been mentioned, the *real* money is in recruiting others, not in selling the product.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Noooo! MLM businesses are a terrible way to make money. Most people end up losing money on them. And you become a full time salesperson trying to convince everyone in your life to buy overpriced products..

You're better off just finding new, legitimate employment. Best of luck to you.

+infinity
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I thought BeachBody Coaches only existed in my nightmares... you mean, they are real???

tumblr_inline_n4qvrhFItm1rmqtbw.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Do you have a blog to promote yourself?

good lord. the thread is 2 years old.
    the OP hasnt posted in the forums since may of 2012.

i would direct your question to her in a PM.
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I checked it out once and decided not to join because ... I wanted to help people with their fitness goals.... not their "financial" goals.

I love Beachbody products, but I would never approach a Beachbody Coach. That's just me and I probably represent the majority of the population which you would try to sell to.... and what would you sell? The products and or wellness advice? Nope, you'd be selling the opportunity to be a Beachbody Coach.