Shorties (5'3 and under) where do you gain your weight?

Options

Replies

• Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    5'3".... All goes to my core: waist & hips. NOT good.

BUT when I lose it, I am one of the lucky ones who have an hour glass shape so I'll take it! :bigsmile:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    THIGHS. Oh, how I hated my thighs, growing up! There's a little pocket of fat that hangs out right under each butt cheek, and on the inside of each thigh. Damn genetics. Thanks, Mom. :ohwell:
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    5' 2". Butt and hips. I've always been pear-shaped, but the older I get the worse it gets: hormonal changes affect body fat distribution. As I can't be super active because of injuries, the only way I can control it is to watch my calorie intake.

According to my scale, my visceral fat is low, so that's a small comfort.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    My biggest problem area and where i carry most of my weight is my belly and thighs
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    mine is belly and thighs..its so horrid and gross looking..:sad:
  • MyHealthiestYears23
    Options
    5'0 and it all goes to my thighs first and then stomach
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i gain in my tummy and then my boobs. Pretty evenly, actually.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My thighs, my tummy/hip area is the last.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Stomach because of insulin resistance

Also my thighs, butt, and boobs (went from a 30/32 A to a 38 DD/E) :embarassed: :noway:
  • aliciamogren
    Options
    i'm 5'3" long legged but short waisted. Almost all of my weight goes directly to my stomach.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    4'11" And it's all my stomach! Ok, I got some lower body issues, but my stomach constantly looks pregnant. And after 4 kids, it ain't getting better. :(
  • jenniwad
    jenniwad Posts: 1
    Options
    My butt!
  • slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    FACE, love handles and thighs! And it's the smallest weigh gain that triggers it!
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    For me, the fat distribute pretty evenly. Face+arms+legs+stomach+hands+etc
  • jan3h
    jan3h Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    All over. I'm an hourglass :-) even after losing 50-odd pounds I still have a generous coating, but there's more round my bum and thighs these days. Still want to lose another 13lb!! I'm really lucky that core exercises have a flattening effect on my stomach though!!
  • HellOfALifeKAT
    HellOfALifeKAT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im the exact same as you! if I had a tummy tuck/ lipo all my problems would disappear! lol
  • PRlisaNY
    PRlisaNY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with your body shape (I am an hourglass).

I have read things lik ethis: http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-loss/weight-loss-different-women-body-shapes

Since I am an hourglass, my midsection stays fairly small but I gain in my upper arms and my thighs/butt
  • PRlisaNY
    PRlisaNY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree with this 100% I also have the hourglass shape and it all goes to my thighs/butt and upper arms, now for my husband he is a cone shape it all goes to the stomach and upper body no legs, no thighs, no butt lol.
  • marsgirlly
    marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    5'1" and hourglass shaped. It goes to my face right away, and then my hips and butt. I know I really need to start paying more attention when it goes for the tummy.
  • jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    5ft 2 here

Thigh, big butt and stomach (43" at hips and 36" at waist) :grumble: