24 pounds lost, yet still wearing the same!

Options
has anyone experienced this? it is very frustrating. I lost 11 kg (almost 24 lbs) however, I still wear the same shirt and pants size.
my old clothes are getting a bit loose (but just a tiny bit), although in my underwear my body's shape significant changes. I am reading about all those who lose weight and also lose sizes, doesnt apply to me.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Give it some time. You're probably the kind of person that loses weight everywhere (face, arms, belly, legs) and it just isn't affecting your clothing sizes yet. Give it time. When the fat layer around places like your fingers and wrists and neck go down, maybe your belly and chest will be next.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements too? I wore mostly the same clothes for 20lb, but they fit noticeably differently and I lost inches
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Originally were your pants/shirts fitting properly? When I started I was wearing size 14 jeans, but they didn't really 'fit'. I managed to squeeze myself in and button/zip but that's not the same thing! Took a while to go down a size, but if I'm being honest with myself: I should have been in 16's to start with.
  • tat20
    tat20 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    this happens to me all the time. In the size that I am now, I won't see any changes in clothing size til I lose around 40 pounds or so. I suppose I should be happy that I get some room and some time before getting new clothes. The same thing happens when I loose down to the next size after that, it takes about 30 pounds. after that I drop pounds and inches. It can be very frustrating, but as long as you can see some change and keep on keeping on you'll get there!
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My clothes were so tight on me, I should have been in at least a size bigger when I started, so yes it took a while to drop a size, given I had to shrink back through the clothes I was wearing first!
  • magic8ballkr
    Options
    I've lost 14lbs since may and can see it when in my underwear but don't feel it in my clothes. But I'm the type of person who puts weight on (and loses it) everywhere, so it'll take longer to show in the clothes. You might just be like me.

Keep at it!
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Took me forever it seemed to drop in clothes sizes, but once it started happening it was crazy quick. I bet it was a good 3 or 4 months to move from 18 (US) to a 16, then it was like boom...12's, 10's, 8's all within a very short span of time. Give it more time, you will get there!
  • Birder155
    Birder155 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Originally were your pants/shirts fitting properly? When I started I was wearing size 14 jeans, but they didn't really 'fit'. I managed to squeeze myself in and button/zip but that's not the same thing! Took a while to go down a size, but if I'm being honest with myself: I should have been in 16's to start with.

I was going to suggest this as well.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    If any of it has any elastic or was designed for stretch you could be wearing it for 60 pounds or more. I had one skirt that I wore until it finally fell off me as I was coming down some stairs (thankfully not in public). It started out as a 3x with a snug waistband and 70 or so pounds later it became more of a hip band before I finally had to toss it. I loved that skirt. I still don't own a black skirt that nice. But it's okay, I'd rather not be able to wear it again!
  • VTRutz
    VTRutz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I found that Im wearing the same size... they just fit better. Like my jeans- they used to be tight straight out of the wash (I challenge any woman here to tell me they have never experienced the dreaded dilemma of "I dont want to wash my jeans, they are so comfortable right now....") but now they fit perfectly straight out of the dryer! same size, better fit. same with most of my dresses and shirts. Same sizes, just better fits :) Give it a little more time.... in the meanwhile, enjoy not having to spend a boatload on new clothes!! lol
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

This could be true.

Also, how tall are you? I'm tall with broad shoulders and a big rib cage, and a full dress size for me is probably about 2 stone which is 28lbs. Whereas I have shorter friends for whom a dress size can be 10lbs.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Ye s i have...................
    when i first started i couldnt wait to get in a new pant size
    it took awhile
    you will get there
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My weight and measurements haven't seemed to change in quite a while yet I tried on a smaller size today and they fit. *shrug*
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It depends on how stretchy your clothes are too. I had a few pants that fell off but others that just stretched back and lasted longer. But this was after 40 pounds. You will get there.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 20 - 25 lbs to drop a pants size. I've lost almost 35 lbs and I'm still in the same bra and shirt size. They're looser but I still can't fit into the smaller size.

It's frustrating but it is what it is. That's how my body is built.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I had been in the same size for everal pounds of loss as well but i have more defined muscles in my shoulders, chest and bum which are filling out my clothes instead of the fat ;)
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I still wear some of the same cloths as before, but,.. yesterday I pulled a bunch of "motivational" cloths out of the attic. (1to 3 sizes smaller than what I'm wearing) I could squeeze into almost all of it.

Some was way to small and needs to stay in the closet a little longer, but some is very wearable,.. today I'm wearing a blouse I haven't worn since high school! (at 25lb lighter than I am today)
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It took me about 35 lbs. I started losing in the face, thighs, and boobs first.
  • Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Options

THIS! I know dang well the jeans I'm wearing are too small for my bigg butt, and as I lose weight it will take longer for them to become too big because they really have no business being on me right now at all. When you have to hop and wiggle to get them up, it's time to go up a size, most people are just too vain to do it.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've lost 24 lbs and I don't believe I've gone down in clothing size. However, my clothes were tight when I started and are now pretty loose, but not enough to go down an entire size. And I take measurements, so I know I've lost inches.

I was already wearing a size 4, so I'm not too broken up about it. I'm not sure I'd even want to fit into a size 2.