Anyone tried Isagenix?

Options
13»

Replies

• TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are harsh.

Before I say anything, I DO NOT SELL ISAGENIX. I GET NO MONETARY GAIN FROM ISAGENIX.

Now that we have got that out of the way, I am on my 2nd 30 cleanse and I plan to do maintenance. I absolutely love the program and yes, I do feel like I have more energy and yes, I do feel more positive attitude wise. I totally get what you mean by chasing kids around, I work at a school. You have seen you loved ones have great results, why would you ask strangers what they think?
  • bkarissa
    bkarissa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Contrary to many of the comments on here. It is a very good product. The company does a lot of research and takes pride in their product. The ingredients are wholesome and organic. I did it for a year and was happy with the results, it just got too expensive for me and I didn't like the network marketing aspect of it. If I could walk into a store and get the products I would still be taking them. I did find that I didn't like the taste of the shakes alone, but adding some bananas and berries was great. I loved starting out my day with them and the supplements helped with energy, I even had less migraines while taking the product. Their bars are awesome, the only meal replacement bar that would actually fill me up for 3-4 hours. They taste good too. My son would have half of one for a snack and once when he asked for a snack I tried to give him fruit snacks and he said, no I want that cookie dough bar. Which is what he called them, he's a picky eater so that is a great testament that he preferred them to a sugary treat. I didn't have great weight loss, mostly because I didn't want to follow the program of two shakes and one meal a day which wasn't realistic for me. The shakes contain Milk powder so if you avoid dairy, that is something you should know. It's a good product but it is network marketing so be prepared for that.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Ugh...

I just... uh... hmph.

These things will not help you. Cleanses and detox formulas are snake oil. Spend your money on a well balanced diet. If something sounds too good to be true, it is. Track your food with MFP. Eat as much whole, nutritious food as possible. Exercise regularly. Those are the things that will help you. Don't waste your time and energy on hogwash and mumbo-jumbo. Any success your relatives have had are due to the temporary lifestyle change and have nothing to do with some cleanse. Almost everyone else on MFP will give you the same advice.

What ^ said! :)
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I recently bought isagenix - i've watched many (big) women at my workplace drop 40 and50 pounds on the program and feel great i thought why not give it a try???

Firstly I should say, i'm only using the shakes, secondly i should say i was not sure waht to expect but i was continuously getting injured and have a history of bad digestion. I do not have any weight to lose, and my diet is very very clean so any change is noticed on my frame.

After a week of subsituting ONE MEAL with ONE SHAKE (otherwise diet compeltely normal) i have not lost weight. however I have never had as much energy as this in my life. I also feel AMAZING - like i im bursting out of my skin! My skin is glowing, my hair is glossy and i'm sleeping like a baby. I had to actually stop drinking coffee as i have to much energy and the coffee now overstimulates me!! My muscle tone has started toimprove overall and although i've not measured myself im assuming that this is as im building muscle and losing fat?

But the most amazing thing is that my hamstring injury (which has kept me off running for over 6 weeks) has suddently started to heal!! The repair has been unbelibeveable - more quickly than i can even believe....

My personal theory is that my digestion was always bad so having 'food' in a shake form allows me to aborb it better, and the proteins have increassed my body's abilty to heal the muscle injury.. btu thats speciulation.

Regardless, this is GOOD for me. I dont know whether its good for everyone, but its working for me in terms of energy general wellbeing and muscle repair.

I have no ties to this product except the fact that i'm a customer for life!!! jstu spreading the love - happy tuesday!!!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Please don't supplement individual vitamins or minerals unless specifically advised to do so by a suitably qualified health professional - micronutrients work synergistically and in opposition, adding in one or small groups can do more harm than good. Essential fatty acids especially the long chain omega-3s from oily fish are at least as important as vitamins and minerals, many of us don't get enough or don't get the right balance between omega-3s and omega-6s. Being restrictive is not the same as eating healthily so eat a huge variety of different types of whole foods and the full rainbow of colours of fruits and veggies daily, any you are allergic to or cannot eat for ethical reasons be sure you are getting all the nutrients from other whole foods.
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options
    I just finished my 30 day. I lost 10 lbs and approx. 14 inches. I know I have gained muscle. I have way too much energy. I work out about an hour a day and still have too much energy. I go to sleep at 10 and wake up at 6 ready for my day to start. I absolutely love it.

Once again, I do not sell Isagenix nor do I make any monetary gain.

Edited to mention that I first tried Isagenix as a complete skeptic. I was out to prove it was a scam and people were lying. My plan backfired. lol
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Do people read my posts prior to commenting?
    I'm not some dumb chick who eats crap and does diets so I can lose weight, while running on low amounts of sleep and artificial sweeteners and crap diets

I eat really well... I just want a answer. I already take iron pills, and I'm taking a B-12 supplement. I'm just feeling so burnt out. I've tried adding more fats to my diet as well.

I eat clean through my morning/afternoon meals and at dinner I normally make a homemade meals for my family. Such as chillis, stews, chicken dishes, soups, pastas etc.

Go to the doctor. If you are doing everything you say you are and still lack energy, a medical doctor may be the only way to tell what if anything is wrong.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    5 hour energy or some coffee would likely run you less than $300 for the month and my money is on it being more effective.

If you're already drinking coffee and you've already looked at sleep and you're STILL having energy issues I'd consider increasing calories or increasing CHO intake before I'd dump $300 into some MLM type of shake.

Just being blunt here.

All of this. I would also suggest a multi-vitamin that contains both Iron and B12. Or each of those supplements individually. I've personally found they worked wonders. The way you feel sounds similar to me when my iron and B12 levels were low.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Do people read my posts prior to commenting?
    I'm not some dumb chick who eats crap and does diets so I can lose weight, while running on low amounts of sleep and artificial sweeteners and crap diets

I eat really well... I just want a answer. I already take iron pills, and I'm taking a B-12 supplement. I'm just feeling so burnt out. I've tried adding more fats to my diet as well.

I eat clean through my morning/afternoon meals and at dinner I normally make a homemade meals for my family. Such as chillis, stews, chicken dishes, soups, pastas etc.

Go to the doctor. If you are doing everything you say you are and still lack energy, a medical doctor may be the only way to tell what if anything is wrong.

Yeah I read about half a page. You sound like you've covered all the bases so I'd say a doctor's visit is in order.
  • pekemom
    Options
    If your diet is good and your health checks out, I would bet you are just plain exhausted from having a busy life with two small children. Maybe try some alone time. I know - it's hard to find time to one's self, but you need to recharge your batteries before you can take care of everyone else. How about yoga/pilates and/or meditation. These practices have helped me tremendously while dealing with my busy life. Hope you feel beter soon :)
  • swayzesandra
    swayzesandra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am taking Arbonne Protein shake everyday. It has a great taste(I make my own in blender and add apple and carrot with cinnamon. By adding the fiber boost, I am sure I am getting all the fiber I need. No artificial sweeteners, nutritional. I have lots of energy and I am putting nothing artificial in my system.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 30 day. I lost 10 lbs and approx. 14 inches. I know I have gained muscle. I have way too much energy. I work out about an hour a day and still have too much energy. I go to sleep at 10 and wake up at 6 ready for my day to start. I absolutely love it.

Once again, I do not sell Isagenix nor do I make any monetary gain.

Edited to mention that I first tried Isagenix as a complete skeptic. I was out to prove it was a scam and people were lying. My plan backfired. lol

---> I was out to prove it was a scam and people were lying. My plan backfired. lol

ME TOO
  • TrishaCisneros
    Options
    < my main picture is my before and after Isagenix
  • JenRN2
    JenRN2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! My friend swears by it. She finds amazing energy boosts from it and it also helps with her post partum depression. I'm am contemplating trying this. I find protein shakes help me with quick meals when running around with my 3 kids. I'm worried about the $$ part as well. I say, if you want to give it a try, start with the 30 days and see how i goes. I may just do this as well. good luck!
  • nelsonx5
    Options
    I just started using it yesterday. It is too soon to know if it will help with the weight loss that I need. I am also drinking just one shake in the morning and just trying to eat healthy snacks and meals the rest of the day. I have several friends who have had great success with Isagenix so who knows...
  • erinpickering12
    erinpickering12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 and have lost 11.6 pounds. I just signed up to be a distributor because I can TOTALLY see myself doing this long-term and I feel so much better!

Erin
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I already eat INCREDIBLY WELL and exercise 3-5 times a week... I've two busy toddlers, so depending on the day, sometimes I feel like I already got worked enough! ;)
    I eat 80% clean and 20% whatever... whatever meaning, homemade treats.

We don't eat dairy, wheat and try to stay really low on the refined sugars.. I'm just really exhausted all the time, I've tried boosting my protein, boosting my calories, sleeping longer, sleeping less, working out at different times etc..
    I'm tired of depending on my morning coffee to give me a temporary high.

I understand where you're coming from. But I already eat really well... so I don't see how I can improve in that regard. AGAIN: Not doing this for weight loss in the slightest... I'm only a few pounds from my "perfect weight" and I can easily obtain that with my current diet... I just want to feel ALIVE AGAIN... as I did before kids!

Just a thught..if you eat very well, and exersie.. have you checked with a Doctor? Maybe you are missing something?
  • anthonyiorio88
    Options
    ISAGENIX is a controlled way to monitor calories when you really break it down. This can be a good thing for a lot of people who are not disciplined to keep track of these things themselves or for people who are uneducated in this specific area. There is no denying that people are getting results from ISAGENIX, despite whether or not the same results could be achieved by a different means. The products seem to have some nice ingredient profiles and the shakes taste good so people do not have to feel deprived when starting their weight loss journey. The best thing to do in order to know for sure is to simply try it for a month and see how your respond to it.

Hope that helps.
  • leighann3
    leighann3 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am doing the 9 day isagenix thing. I think it's ridiculous. I have had success with weight watchers before but was hoping to kickstart myself. I'm only on day 2 and have 2 cleanse days starting tomorrow. I think I'm going to feel horrible, fail at not eating, and have paid $200 to feel this way. Also I cannot exercise on this amount of nutrition so that's a huge red flag.
  • angel4nature
    angel4nature Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I personally love isagenix. I have used it a few times over the years. So far this time around I have lost 12 pounds in 5 days on the shakes plan. I am a breastfeeding mom of a toddler, and homeschool my other two children. I actually feel like I have the energy on the shakes to keep up with them and am loosing a great amount of weight, though it will probably slow down a bit I am sure. I suggest give it a chance and if it does not work when you truely follow it they have a refund program