Oh wait... you said bUtter, not batter.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    hazelnut
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Pecan, Walnut, and Cashew butter are my favs..but I'm poor right now so Honey Roasted crunchy peanut butter by any brand that has it on sale it is!

Also in, cuz mah feedz!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    gonna pretend for a moment that cookies are nuts, and answer with cookie butter being my favorite nut butter.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i wonder where OP get's all of his thread ideas. :huh:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    My favorite is just plain old peanut butter with nothing added, no salt or oil. I tried PB2 once, but I couldn't get past that salty taste and gave the rest to my friend. For the processed peanut butters, I like Better'n Peanut Butter (low sodium variety). About 85% less fat and 40% fewer calories.

I'm not too fond of almond butter. I always have cashews in the freezer (for making cashew milk). One of these days I'm going to blend some up for cashew butter and see how that tastes. I also tried hazelnut butter once, but I didn't care for that too much either.
  • shanahz
    shanahz Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh my! :laugh:
  • Jollymeister
    Options
    My own
  • b4tb4t
    b4tb4t Posts: 30
    Options
    Sunflower! Not a nut, but still my fave. I love almond butter too, though I'm sure most are really tasty! I'm just not a real fan of peanuts. D:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    eating.gif

I :heart: this so much. And in, for nut butter. It's better than fromunda cheese any day. :drinker:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I love to make my own with odd nuts like Brazil or hazlenut or pistachio and add some herb/spice flavorings. Pistachio and Brazil are especially good with savory flavorings like rosemary or thyme, or roasted garlic, and hazlenut is obviously sweet so it's better with cardamon, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    2oOsun7.gif
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Cashew and almond butters - so delicious.
  • dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Love almond butter and cashew butter.
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I make my own most the time. Really loved the "date and cinnamon almond butter"... but "coconut cashew" was delish also...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Almond but I got to try hazelnut.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I just got done making peanut butter in the blender with coconut oil as the oil and a little salt. Delicious, but a pain to clean up like you wouldn't believe. I got a few days worth made, though. Next time I'll shell a couple pounds of peanuts and have done for awhile.

And I wish shelling my own peanuts made them a zero calorie food, but I don't think I'm burning enough calories off. It's much slower going than I remember as a kid, though.
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Going just by taste, I love almond butter, but I eat more of the good old peanut butter.

Cashew is pretty good too.

For nutrition, I prefer to mix it up, but lately I don't bother.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I just got done making peanut butter in the blender with coconut oil as the oil and a little salt. Delicious, but a pain to clean up like you wouldn't believe. I got a few days worth made, though. Next time I'll shell a couple pounds of peanuts and have done for awhile.

And I wish shelling my own peanuts made them a zero calorie food, but I don't think I'm burning enough calories off. It's much slower going than I remember as a kid, though.

When cleaning the blender, have you tried adding a little dish soap and warm water and blending on high for a couple minutes? I find it's a lot easier to clean after I do that.
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options
    I make my own most the time. Really loved the "date and cinnamon almond butter"... but "coconut cashew" was delish also...

Any chance you have recipes? Those sound YUMMY!