Sexy Sixers New Day Challenge-Week 4

Options
13»

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    yep just did the yoga dvd. I was a little sloppy with my moves but I figure with a few workouts under my belt it should smooth out. Kristin I am looking forward to your to your feed back....

Kel:heart:

Kel...I LOVED it!! I was also pretty sloppy but I figure the same as you...a few times and I should have it down. And BOY my arms are KILLING me today and so are my legs! What a GREAT workout!! I burned roughly 200 calories (I use a HRM) so I know it gets my HR up which is great! I am planning on doing this workout at least twice a week! Glad to have someone else doing it with me also!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning all!!

Had another great night! Stayed within calories again!! YAY!!

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Simply Cinnamon corn flakes, skim milk, coffee w/sugar-free creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L- 1/2 c. cottage cheese, baby carrots, 6 crackers, light yogurt
    S-Probably 2 c. popcorn or some almonds
    D-Something with chicken...not sure what yet.
    S-Chocolate crunch rice cakes...probably.

Exercise--
    I'm trying a workout from a friend. It's 30 minute total body. Should be good!

Have a great day and a FABULOUS weekend!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Some mornings I want to get out of bed and workout but am not feeling a cardio or bounce about the living room workout. Its too dark in the mornings for me to run at the moment.

This morning I would have got out of bed for a stretch! I am really after a good (beginners) yoga dvd, something thats going to work me hard but is good on a friday to work the aches and pains of the workout week away.

I want something Stretchy!!!! Can anyone help!?!

This is my current collection....
    Davina (McCall - Uk TV presenter for all the worldwide crew that have no idea how annoying she is!!) - all her DVDs
    Nell McAndrew Ultimate Fitness
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
    10 minute solutions knockout body workout
    10 minute solutions 5 day fat burn (or something like that)
    Charlie Brooks (British actress - naff DVD)
    Hotpants (on VHS
    Geri Body Yoga (Geri Halliwell... quite good but not broken into sections so I either have to do the whole 50 minutes or dip out half way through and I HATE THAT!)

HELP PLEASE?! xxxxx
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    yep just did the yoga dvd. I was a little sloppy with my moves but I figure with a few workouts under my belt it should smooth out. Kristin I am looking forward to your to your feed back....

Kel...I LOVED it!! I was also pretty sloppy but I figure the same as you...a few times and I should have it down. And BOY my arms are KILLING me today and so are my legs! What a GREAT workout!! I burned roughly 200 calories (I use a HRM) so I know it gets my HR up which is great! I am planning on doing this workout at least twice a week! Glad to have someone else doing it with me also!

Kristin :flowerforyou: What days are you planning on doing the work out? I would like to know what kind of HRM you have. I have been looking at different ones but haven't purchased one yet. I get confused when I start looking at them. There are so many out there. I need one that is some what the middle of the road ( price wise). When I used the database on MFP it told me that I burned only 87 calories, which I knew was pretty low for that crazy of a workout. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• ren315
    ren315 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead).......................SW 166.8 lbs/ GW 161.0 lbs/ CW 163.2 / PROGRESS -3.6lbs
    Susan (Suedre).........................SW 162.0 lbs/ GW 157.0 lbs/ CW 162.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)...........................SW 250.0 lbs/ GW 245.0 lbs/ CW 249.2 lbs/ PROGRESS -.8 lbs
    Sandy (Izzypup)..........................SW 187lbs/ GW 184lbs/ CW 191 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)......................SW 169.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 169.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Katy (katyk08).............................SW 195.4 lbs/ GW 190.0 lbs/ CW 192.6lbs / PROGRESS -2.8lbs
    AmyS(Amy_36)..........................SW 209 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 212.4 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.4 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) .............................SW 166.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/CW 165.0/ PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)................SW 155.8 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs CW 152.8 / PROGRESS -2.6 ibs
    Julia (jmiller0906)....................SW 134.2 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 134.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .......SW 131.2 lbs/ GW 127.0 lbs/ CW 126.0 lbs/PROGRESS -5.2 lbs
    Amez(Amyls8711).....................SW 280 lbs/ GW 270 lbs/ CW 277 lbs/ PROGRESS -3 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)..................SW 133.5 lbs/ GW 128 lbs/ CW 131.5 lbs/ PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Lauren (ren315)........................SW 203.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 207.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +1.5lbs

Jennifer (candycaneps)...........SW 177.4lbs/ GW 172 lbs/ CW 176.8lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.8lbs

Sorry for being way behind schedule. I have also been snowed in/ iced in so I have been way off schedule myself. Monday was a lot of fun, all the joys of being snowed in. Tuesday...feeling kind of drab, even took a nap. Wednes....tried of being lazy so I cleaned my carpets! Thursday...finally back to work and somewhat getting back to normal. Now here it today and finally stood on the scale and I am up another 1.5lbs. UGG!!
    I don't want to weigh anymore in the 200's. Actually of the break while I was cleaning I found a picture of me 8 yrs ago and I was hot! Standing on the beach with a friend with a drink in my hand flaunting off my hot little tan body. I want my body back!! And I am going to get it back that is all there is to it!!
    I shredded last week one day and pulled the same dang muscle I pulled a month ago, I have no idea want I am doing wrong. I am also thinking about going to an ortho Dr about my ankle. I don't feel like I have healed very well since my sprain at Thanksgiving.

How long as the Sixers been around? I hear you guys talk about the original ones, and I have never asked.

Julia...don't know if you'd be interested but Slim Fast make a Cappuccino Delight, maybe it could be a healthier substitute
    Kristin and Kel...I want Jillian back. I was getting really good at 30ds and then bought 2 others, and pull a shoulder muscle. I love her vidoes, I always felt so extremely good after I worked out.

Good luck everyone and have a wonderful weekend!

Lauren
  • kistinbee
    Options

Kristin :flowerforyou: What days are you planning on doing the work out? I would like to know what kind of HRM you have. I have been looking at different ones but haven't purchased one yet. I get confused when I start looking at them. There are so many out there. I need one that is some what the middle of the road ( price wise). When I used the database on MFP it told me that I burned only 87 calories, which I knew was pretty low for that crazy of a workout. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Well...I think I will do it on Sunday and then probably every Friday and Sunday and maybe Tuesdays...but we shall see...

I have a Polar F6 HRM and I LOVE it! Whatever you get, make sure it has a chest strap. I know it sounds like a pain to have to put on a chest strap with it, but it's the most accurate. AND...if you get one without, if you ever work out at a gym you can get interference from other HRMs. Do some research online so you get one that has all the features you need.

Well...back to some work and then taking Kadence to get the 2nd half of her flu shot. Have a good weekend all!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Lauren Good to see you again. I know I was MIA for awhile. I also spraing my ankle at the begining of November. I am now just getting back to working out. I just did the shred for the frist time today. All was good until the end when she has you cool down and grab your foot for the quad stretch. I completely forgot and grab my ankle and now I am in pain again. So remember it takes a long time for a sprang to heal. Take your time and be gentle. The Dr. told me to go real slow. He said if I re-sprang it, it will take twice as long to heal. I was just released last week to go back to work. Hey I have missed you. How are things going with the rest of your world? As for me just trying to put some energy towards our wedding. We have 239 days until we get married.....

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    lauren....the sixers have been around for almost 3 or 4 years. Kisten and i are of the original group. it started with someone wanting to lose 20# in 6 weeks before her boyfriend came home from leave or something like that. she ended up dropping out before the end. and some of use carried on through and just kept going. everyone one has left the original group except her and i. and along the way we have picked up some wonderful new sixers. it's you guys that keep us trucking along. thank you.

well, ate like a pig today and it has been a busy day, on way home from a filling Chinese dinner, shanell got a flat, had to rescue them. than we pull around a corner and see 4 fire trucks and rescue right near our court. they were at the one next door. that was scary.

so catching up puter stuff than off to watch some tv. busy weekend ahead.

later
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Morning!!

I had another wonderful evening! I didn't end up trying the yoga, but I did skim through it to see what all is involved. I must say...it's going to be tough but I'm excited to try it tonight! I did do my No More Trouble Zones workout and pushed myself HARD! I can feel it today for sure in my shoulder and abs! Love the burn!!

Today's plan:
    Food--
    B-2 sl. light toast with 1 tbsp. natural PB and 1 tbsp. sugar-free jam, 1/2 c. skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana, breakfast bar
    L-Salad (Leafy greens, spinach, tomato, cucumber, carrots) w/ spritzer dressing and Chow mein noodles, hard boiled egg, light yogurt
    S-1 c. canteloupe, 100 cal. almonds
    D-chipotle chicken sausage, 1 c. cooked wheat pasta tossed with spinach and fire-roasted diced tomatos...YUM! Probably some other veggies on the side.
    S-2 reduced fat graham crackers

Exercise--
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (30 minutes)

THEN...relaxing and watching Greys and Private Practice!! Wahoo!! And...did anyone else watch that new show Off The Map last night? It's super good! I think I will have another favorite!! ANYways...have a fabulous day!

k-I watched Off The Map on my DVR last night. I really liked it.
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well, the weight is coming off. The workouts and the food seem so easy this time around. I am not sure why its been so hard in the past and all of a sudden it is just clicking...3 workouts this week, have not gone over my cals in 2 weeks and I am down 4.8 pounds total. My ticker is not moving though because I never reset it when I gained. I cant wait to see that thing start moving!

Well, I am off to Costco and to get some new workout shoes. Then I am going to hit the gym tonight. I am getting kind of addicted. Shhhh, dont tell anyone. I might jinx myself:laugh:
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing great! :happy:

Kel - I was looking at the pics of your dog; he/she is gorgeous! What kind of dog is it?

Lauren - Thanks for the advice on the cappuccino slimfast. Unfortunately I'm addicted to "White Chocolate Caramel" so yeah, I don't think that comes in Slimfast LOL. I think it's about time I give it up, the name says it all. Not one good thing about it. :sad:

Cathy - Thanks for sharing the story about the sixers. It's hard to believe that out of the original ones, only you and Kristin are left! Do you ever wonder what happened to everyone else? Did they meet their goals and quit... Hmmm

Kristen - I'm kinda intrigued about the Yoga Meltdown DVD. I might need to look into that. I do take a yoga class once a week, but I've been really wanting to get something I could do at home. This sounds like something I should check out.

As for everyone else, hello and good-bye. It's time for me to get some sleep! :yawn:
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead).......................SW 166.8 lbs/ GW 161.0 lbs/ CW 163.2 / PROGRESS -3.6lbs
    Susan (Suedre).........................SW 162.0 lbs/ GW 157.0 lbs/ CW 162.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)...........................SW 250.0 lbs/ GW 245.0 lbs/ CW 249.2 lbs/ PROGRESS -.8 lbs
    Sandy (Izzypup)..........................SW 187lbs/ GW 184lbs/ CW 191 lbs/ PROGRESS +0.0 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)......................SW 169.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 169.0 lbs/ PROGRESS -0.5 lbs
    Katy (katyk08).............................SW 195.4 lbs/ GW 190.0 lbs/ CW 192.6lbs / PROGRESS -2.8lbs
    AmyS(Amy_36)..........................SW 209 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 212.4 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.4 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) .............................SW 166.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/CW 165.0/ PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)................SW 155.8 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs CW 152.8 / PROGRESS -2.6 ibs
    Julia (jmiller0906)....................SW 134.2 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 134.2 lbs / PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .......SW 131.2 lbs/ GW 127.0 lbs/ CW 126.0 lbs/PROGRESS -5.2 lbs
    Amez(Amyls8711).....................SW 280 lbs/ GW 270 lbs/ CW 277 lbs/ PROGRESS -3 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)..................SW 133.5 lbs/ GW 128 lbs/ CW 131.5 lbs/ PROGRESS -2.0 lbs
    Lauren (ren315)........................SW 203.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 207.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +1.5lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)...........SW 177.4lbs/ GW 172 lbs/ CW 176.8lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.8lbs

Just got to North Carolina a couple days ago and I need to get a new scale so I don't know what I weight right now. However, we got in two really good walks already! In California my neighborhood was flat. Here the streets go up and down, you get a really good workout!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning,

what a day ahead of me. ac moores, toys r us, sams, a build, remodel & landscape expo. need to get myself started.

yes, i do wonder what ever happened to the others. i know there were 6 of us for a bit, than the other 4 left.

off to eat breakfast and shower.

later

ps, jennifer welcome to the east coast.
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone... Sorry I have been gone all week. Trying to keep up with everyone.
    Kristen - I am going to look for the yoga dvd. I love yoga and maybe that will help my foot.
    Cathy- You have always been so positive and around for everyone. You will make it through all this.
    Jennifer- Glad you made the trip okay. Yea!
    Kelli- Take care of that ankle. My plantar facitus is still killing me. It is a ton better but is killing me if I work out even a bit.
    Lorna- That sounds like a great vacation. I am still hoping to go somewhere fun over this summer.

I watched half of Off The Map and am getting ready to finish it. I really liked it. Seems funny. It has been snowy and bitterly cold here this week. I don't want to leave when I get home because it is crazy cold. Also, I haven't been tracking my food and water. I am up and down on the scale all week but it seems i am starting to level off. Take care today all and chat soon!
    Sandy
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning,

what a day. nephew came down for weekend. today we are all going bowling. trying new lanes. eating there going to try to be good. hard at these places. we'll see.

back to the old meds has done wonders. sugars are down even weight going down.

back later.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning,

another busy day. heading to play miniature golf with shanell's fam and my nephew. DH has to work. but, i am going to the gym first.

have had an ok weekend. ate way too much.

idea for next challenge. why don't one of us have a weekly goal to shot for.
    example: i say for week 1 everyone has to drink 6-8 glasses of water
    lula says for week 2 everyone has to follow their calories with no more than 100 over.
    what do you think?

well need to get this coffee down and dressed and out the door. got my hair cut off yesterday. bout 6 inches. so hope today it's easy to fix after shower. than tomorrow or wednesday i will color it. have doctors appt tomorrow and lots of cleaning.

back later.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    MORNING!!!!

Happy Monday Everyone!!

To all who are thinking of getting the JM Yoga Meltdown...I do like it a LOT! It is hard...would be tough for any beginners who haven't done any yoga at all. But I do think that with some patience and lots of practice, anyone could do it. I can't hold the positions as long as they do and I definitely am following the modified versions. But I could already tell the second time was easier because I knew what the move was going to be. I am VERY happy I found this DVD and I know it will help me acheive my goals! Oh...and I must warn it is a fast-paced yoga workout...not a slow, focus-on-breathing one. It gets your heart pumping which helps to shed fat. So...if any of you are up for that challenge, I'd be excited to keep track of how we are progressing with it! :) Just let me know!

Well...I had a great weekend! I have been SO good this past week and haven't gone over in calories AT ALL! AMAZING! I got in exercise EVERY day! And I am totally motivated and excited to continue!

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Simply Cinnamon corn flakes, skim milk, coffee w/sugar-free creamer
    S-Banana, cereal bar
    L-Salad (mixed greens, baby tomatos, cucumber, mushrooms, broccoli slaw, spritzer dressing), hard-boiled egg, light yogurt
    S-Apple, string cheese, and probably some popcorn
    D-Pork loin, red potatos, carrots
    S-Apple rice cakes

Exercise--
    JM No More Trouble Zones (55 minutes)

Have a great day!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    did 35 on the elliptical, now need to get ready to head out.

later