C25K Starting Tomorrow (Dec- 27- 2010 Monday)

Options

Replies

• Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a busy day. I didnt do my C25K. I feel bad about it.

I am out of town and no treadmill around. I am not yet ready to do outside, its freezing cold. I will be returning back on monday evening.

Hope to catch up with you guys soon.
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    week 2 down ready for week 3
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Starting week 1 day 2, yay for me!!!
  • VWBuggin1963
    Options
    Redoing week 3.
    Finished it this weekend but don't feel like I had my whole heart into it.
  • sunshine7966
    Options
    I did Week 4 Day 1 yesterday and completed it :) My legs are a little sore, but I expected that. Day 2 tomorrow!!
  • cldaughe
    cldaughe Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! I began the C25K program! I am super happy about this because I set a goal to begin training for a 5K and I began reaching that goal today. I am going walking with a friend tomorrow and will resume week one day two on Wednesday (I figured my training will be on Wed, Fri, and Sun).

I am a bit disappointed though. I called my boyfriend and my mom to tell them the good news and they both were not as excited as I had hoped. :( I will use that negative energy to my advantage when I am out tomorrow in the freezing cold.

Hope everyone else is doing great and I hope to be ready for the 5K in April!!!
  • cldaughe
    Options
    Dhathri,

Cold, Schmold! All kidding aside, I went out this afternoon for my week one day one. I live in St. Louis, so the temp is around 20-30 and the ground is covered in about 6-10 inches of snow. I went to a local park in the city that had the bike/walk/run track plowed and I was surprised to see so many people out exercising.

If I can get off my butt and brave the cold, you can too!!! :)

Keep at it!!!
  • Dhathri
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement cldaughe. You too dont lose the spirit and keep up the good work.

I have been feeling low for the past week and now I wish to change it. My day started off good today with 20min of BL bootcamp workout. I promise myself today that I am going to repeat C25K Week 3.

Good job for all those who have been continuing their workouts.
  • Dhathri
    Options
    I did Week 4 Day 1 yesterday and completed it :) My legs are a little sore, but I expected that. Day 2 tomorrow!!

Keep up the good work. Keep us posted. I am going to redo Week 3.
  • sunshine7966
    Options
    I had a tough time with Week 4 Days 2 and 3. I tried Week 5 Day 1 today, but I'm super sore from playing Kinect all weekend and didn't do to well. I might retry Week 4 Days 2 and 3 and start Week 5 next week.
  • Dhathri
    Options
    I had a tough time with Week 4 Days 2 and 3. I tried Week 5 Day 1 today, but I'm super sore from playing Kinect all weekend and didn't do to well. I might retry Week 4 Days 2 and 3 and start Week 5 next week.

Good Luck Sunshine. I am redoing Week 3. I will be going to gym in 2hours. I hope I do better than Monday.
  • Dhathri
    Options

Good Luck Sunshine. I am redoing Week 3. I will be going to gym in 2hours. I hope I do better than Monday.
  • sunshine7966
    Options
    Repeated Week 5 Day 1 today and did fine. I finished 2 miles in 24:15 and I can't wait to get that down a little. 5K is scheduled for April 9 and I need to register soon :)
  • Dhathri
    Options
    Well done Sunshine. I am repeating my week 3.
  • Dhathri
    Options
    I did my W3D1. I was panting but I was glad I did it.
  • cldaughe
    Options
    I did my W3D1. I was panting but I was glad I did it.

I finished W2, D2 on Monday... Gonna do W2, D3 tomorrow... I think I am starting to A) get sick B) exhausted from this past weekend C) not enough aqua consumption because I was super tired after W2, D2 and was perfectly fine on W2, D.

All I know is I am still going strong!!!!
  • cldaughe
    Options
    Repeated Week 5 Day 1 today and did fine. I finished 2 miles in 24:15 and I can't wait to get that down a little. 5K is scheduled for April 9 and I need to register soon :)

I registered for a 5K that is on April 9th as well. It is in St. Louis, MO for the Go! St. Louis Fitness Fun Weekend.
  • sunshine7966
    Options
    cldaughe, I have an aunt that lives in MO and have been to St. Louis while visiting her and going to Branson. I haven't been there in years though. It's a long drive from southern AL.
  • Dhathri
    Options
    successfully completed W3D3. I did 3 min run and 2 min walk continuously.15 min run and 15 min walk. I am so pumped up about it. :)
  • cldaughe
    Options
    successfully completed W3D3. I did 3 min run and 2 min walk continuously.15 min run and 15 min walk. I am so pumped up about it. :)

I just completed W3, D1 and am super pumped... Except for me having to make a mad dash to the locker room to go to the bathroom (Damn eggs and peppers for breakfast).

But, I am beginning to think that my C25K is different if yours has you doing a 15 min run... I do not think I have the stamina for that and am a little scared. I was perfectly fine today (finally broke a sweat) but am terrified if the week 3 has me doing a 15 min run.