rudest thing anyone has ever said about your weight?

Options

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    My soon to be ex husband.. Married me heavier than what I am now mind you...
    Told me that he was not attracted to me because i was too fat to lift up and F*** against the wall... And that he didn't want to be intimate with me because it was disgusting..

So I told him to eat his wheaties and do some push ups and then politely asked him to leave my house:)
  • James_Bergin
    James_Bergin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have two stories that are tied for the rudest comment on my weight I've experienced and they are as follows:

1) I was helping my sis move into her new place, and a good friend of hers I hadn't met before was bringing down some stuff my sis had stored at her friends place. When we met, I gave her the usual "hi, nice to meet you" spiel. She simply said "wow, much shorter and rounder than your sister said you were."

2) I was at a club (woe is me, my friends dragged me). I was taking refuge on the patio, when some random drunk girl walked right up to me, poked me in the tummy (not gently either I might add), and exclaimed "omg, you're just like one of those characters from that kids show.... umm.... oh yeah you're just like a teletubby."

This sums up my reaction to the above stories:

-_-''
  • Rogue_Girl
    Rogue_Girl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Told me that he was not attracted to me because i was too fat to lift up and F*** against the wall... And that he didn't want to be intimate with me because it was disgusting..

So I told him to eat his wheaties and do some push ups and then politely asked him to leave my house:)

Ugh. You just reminded me of something my husband said to me once. Amazingly, we're still married.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    When I was young and in school, someone signed my year book "Don't break the scale." I wish I had saved that book now.
    And you coulda come back at the reunion and broka their face!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Two things stick in my memory:

I was standing by a lake in France and some giggling girls behind me, thinking I didn't understand French, said "Oh, oh, les cuisses! ! "
    Basically that means, oh god, check out those thighs!
    I was mega embarrassed as I hated my cellulite, though I wasn't even fat then.

Second one : I was out with an old boyfriend at a dinner party and another guy was definitely flirting with me. My then boyfriend said on the way home in the car, "He must like big women." :sad: :sad: :sad:
    He turned out to be gay. We broke up.

It still hurts. Bad.
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options

but really, none of these are as horrifying as what the voice in my head is telling me.

Profoundly sad and true.
  • thefabricteapot
    Options
    My mother would often tell me how I would never get anyone to love me the size I am......"no matter how pretty you are" she would say......."with a body like yours you will never get a man"
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Ugh. You just reminded me of something my husband said to me once. Amazingly, we're still married.

I wish his was only once.. But it wasn't ... Oh well... I'm better off.. I firmly believe he has been holding me back. I stressed so much about my weight, it consumed me. I couldn't enjoy food, dinner with my family... Hated going out to dinner with him, because I became paranoid he would note how much i ate etc... When I talked to him about how much progress I made, he would reply with, are you at your goal.. When I would tell him no but can you at least share in my success a bit... He would respond with, shouldn't have gained 100 pounds then huh? :noway:

I'm surprised I never served a prison sentence. If it wasn't for the amazing people on my friends list, that man would have been choked out in his sleep. Or from a scissor lock after my DOMs cleared up from leg day!
  • Rogue_Girl
    Options
    A few weeks ago my husband referred to me as a "FAT A**"

Words definitely hurt.

and you punched him in the balls, right? What the eff? I couldn't even fathom mine saying that to me.

You are awesome Amy. :-D
  • Rogue_Girl
    Options

I wish his was only once.. But it wasn't ... Oh well... I'm better off.. I firmly believe he has been holding me back. I stressed so much about my weight, it consumed me. I couldn't enjoy food, dinner with my family... Hated going out to dinner with him, because I became paranoid he would note how much i ate etc... When I talked to him about how much progress I made, he would reply with, are you at your goal.. When I would tell him no but can you at least share in my success a bit... He would respond with, shouldn't have gained 100 pounds then huh? :noway:

I'm surprised I never served a prison sentence. If it wasn't for the amazing people on my friends list, that man would have been choked out in his sleep. Or from a scissor lock after my DOMs cleared up from leg day!

So what you're really saying is you've lost well over 100 pounds already? ;-)
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    This happened pretty recently - I was at a beauty clinic with my mom, and the Aesthetician said, "Don't you even THINK about getting married with that body!" ... wtf???? haha, thankfully i have pretty thick skin thanks to hearing about my weight my entire life - but jesus christ, lady!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago my husband referred to me as a "FAT A**"

Words definitely hurt.

and you punched him in the balls, right? What the eff? I couldn't even fathom mine saying that to me.

You are awesome Amy. :-D

LOL Thanks. I don't take crap from men. My hubby knows that. Thankfully, he's a very kind and caring person and makes it known daily how beautiful he thinks I am. Smart man. Lol
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    One of my brothers told me once that I would be the fattest and ugliest one at the party we were going to.
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    Wow. I never cease to be amazed by the cruelty some folks seem so delighted to dole out to others. I'm really sorry that you all have been through such things. And idiots out there still think shame is an effective weight loss motivation tool. Smh. I was pretty fat as a kid and I remember very distinctively my dad telling me that no would love me unless I stopped eating like a pig and lost weight. I think I would have been around 11 or 12. He saw no problem with saying I shouldn't eat this or that in front of friends and family who were enjoying the same foods. All the while modeling an inactive lifestyle and bringing home unhealthy foods. :/ In hindsight he just didn't know how to deal with his concern over my weight and was the kind of man for whom a woman's worth was primarily her appearance. He is very different now, never comments on my weight except to say I am doing a good job losing it. I am glad for that. I wonder if he knows how much his words held me back from losing for so long. PS, he was wrong, I met honestly the sweetest, most romantic man ever, he loved me at over 300 lbs, tells me I'm beautiful, and with his unconditional love and gentle support I started to see my own value as more than just a shell, I care about myself now...and folks, that's the best weight loss motivation there is.
  • DJ881116
    DJ881116 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    While jogging i heard someone yell "Run chubby Run!" I dont run that route anymore.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My mother would often tell me how I would never get anyone to love me the size I am......"no matter how pretty you are" she would say......."with a body like yours you will never get a man"
    Sweetie - your momma was wrong.

Damn mothers sometimes anyway. Be nice to your daughters!
  • inthesaddle29
    inthesaddle29 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Reading some of these makes my heart hurt... I think I say those things about myself sometimes! Hoping to prove everyone wrong and change my self not because of those comments but dis-spite them. My worst comment from people on a regular basis, if I am eating healthy or working out, its always... Your not fat, you have such a pretty face, don't worry bout your weight. I AM FAT! I AM OVER WEIGHT! and I need people to say good for you, you go girl! But the worst, the worst is when someone says to you, "you probably shouldn't have any more kids, you still haven't recovered from the first 2" and when I looked surprised? "No really look at your stomach" OMG are you serious I can see my stomach I see it every DAMN DAY
  • CPRsMom
    CPRsMom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thats just cruel to tell a 10 year old their fat!
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    A family friend was looking at some old photos one night, saw one of me when I was like 15, and said, "You used to be so skinny, what happened?"
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    I am so, so, SO sorry. No one should ever have to deal with that. Ever. They're the ugly ones.