Dumbest comment I get told everyday about working out is...

Options

Replies

• trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Don't get any bigger. It will be unattractive. You're good now.

I was told this at 165 lbs. At 175 lbs. At 185 lbs. 195 lbs. 205lbs...and I expect I'll hear it at 215.
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    You're lifting too heavy(and I know I'm really not lifting as heavy as I want, lol)
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight? Just because I exercise doesn't mean I'm trying to lose weight.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I get this one a lot, " Do protein shakes work?"

WTF do you mean "do they work?" It's not a drug, it's food! Does your sandwich work?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tell me more about this donut....

Fried, chocolate covered, creme filling, sprinkles, and it's on top of another donut
    And below another donut! DONUT SAMMICH!
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options
    You shouldn't start lifting untill you've lost most of the weight. Or you'll just get husky
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Man...I want a donut now...:(
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    "I don't know why you do yoga. Yoga doesn't burn calories."

Um, yeah, living a healthy and peaceful lifestyle and being limber and safe and injury free while exercising is like a total waste of time.
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I work somewhere with regular customers, so they've watched me shed a LOT of weight in the last 6 months, and many comment on it. Which is nice.

Except when I get, "What's your secret?" and "What are you taking?"

My secret is I count every calorie and work my *kitten* off? Like every other human that loses weight healthily? It's like they want to hear that I'm doing herballife or some ridiculous fad diet that they can try too.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    .....only been asked this once and I was so upset by it!!!!

"Are you cheating on your fiance and that's why you're losing weight for someone else?" So in order to look and feel better I must be screwing someone OTHER than my significant other.

:explode:

oh honey... that's nothing... :wink:

the night my ex proposed to me, we got into the car and he said "see? i told you that if you lost weight i'd ask you to marry me!"

i should have listened to my instincts that said "RUN! RUN NOW! RUN FAR FAR AWAY! SHOVE THAT RING UP HIS NOSE, PUNCH HIM IN THE HEAD AND GTFO!!"

back then, i'd also often heard the "oh you don't want the diet variety of X food, you don't need it." dude, how do you think i GOT looking this way... pixie dust and unicorn farts?
  • paulawatkins1974
    Options
    My overweight friend commented on my running the other day "Oh, I'd love to join you but I'll only walk. Slow. Very slow." ummm...no thanks! I enjoy my alone running time thank you!

I also told her I go very early in the morning and she said "Well, if I go with you then YOU owe me breakfast!" What???? I am NOT begging you to go, you brought it up yourself. SERIOUSLY!!!!?????
    LOL! I've started jogging. Not actually runing yet, but getting there. Anyway, my grandmother-in-law (Yep hubs' 88 yr old grandmother) who lives next door so knows when I leave, often says "Why don't you let me know sometimes? I'd like to walk to walk with you" She's so sweet that I'm trying to make time to do my workout, and still call her for a leisurely stroll at separate times.
    Tell your friend breakfast is beansprouts, kale, tofu stirfry lol
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options

the night my ex proposed to me, we got into the car and he said "see? i told you that if you lost weight i'd ask you to marry me!"

I am so horrified by this. Whatever difference my boyfriend and I have, he made it clear that he loved me at 150lbs, 180lbs, 215lbs, now at 163 and ever-dropping. I'm glad he's your ex!

Edit:
    "What is your secret?"
    diet/exercise

"No really what is your secret?"
    diet/exercise

"No pills or shakes?"
    no, diet/exercise, alot of of it

Yup, I have this exchange practically verbatim at least once a week!
  • kruthardt
    kruthardt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh the donut thing is making me laugh! Thanks! :laugh:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    You should try shakeology if you are trying to lose weight!!!

I learned the hard way that this is why I shouldn't mention losing weight or working out on Facebook. After the first time I did the sales pitches came out of the woodwork, Beachbody, Body by Vi, wraps, some magic coffee, you name it, I had someone on my friends list trying to get me to buy it.
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Most of my negative comments come from my co workers.

I tore one of my lifting callouses a few weeks back and .one of my older co-worker's said, well a few things:

-" This is why women shouldn't be lifting. Not only did you make your hands bleed but you are probably going to start getting bulky soon".

Then my personal favorite: "you really need to take better care of your hands doing this CrossFit business. Look at them!!! You have callouses, you ripped one of them..... someday, you are going to get a boyfriend- well maybe. Anyway, he is going to want to hold your hand and he is going to look down and see how damaged they are and LEAVE".

I proceeded to tell her that I have lost over 60 pounds doing CrossFit and that I like being strong, and I love my muscles and if a man doesn't like it, or appreciate it, I wouldn't want to be with him anyway. And she replied, well then, just be prepared to be single forever.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    After I'd lost something like 60 lbs a friend told me I should try cutting out carbs. Right, because clearly what I was already doing wasn't working?

Also, I used to work with a guy who was trying to lose weight. His strategy was to consume nothing but protein shakes and hard boiled eggs (he'd invariably crack and fall off the wagon every couple weeks or so and binge on whole pizzas and multiple burgers). He thought it was just so adorbs that I did Jillian Michaels' workouts at home. He'd always ask me if I was going home to do my Jane Fonda. Most punchable guy ever, I swear.