Losing Weight On Birth Control

Options
I've been on a weight loss journey for a while now but after I found it easy to loose weight and was easily maintaining around 140lbs and below (I'm 5'8") I stopped religiously counting calories and stopped using MFP. I started taking birth control, microgynon 30, in December 2013 and since then I've found pretty hard to loose weight! I know I'm not overweight by any means but I've just always appreciated a thinner body, aesthetic wise, and would like to achieve that for my personal happiness.

Since December I had put on around 10lbs (my fault for being busy and not making time to go to the gym and not eating as well as I could have) and had lost 5lbs this summer using MFP again and I'm now around 144-145lbs but even though I'm exercising and below my calorie goal each day (1200cal) the scale isn't really changing and if anything it says I've gained some weight which I know shouldn't be possible! Anyone other ladies on birth control have this issue? :( I'm just feeling very frustrated and discouraged. Any tips to speed up weight loss on birth control?

Edit: Also anyone that wants to feel free to add me on MFP I'd love all the motivation and support I can get! And I'd love to help motivate anyone to reach their goals as well! :)

Replies

• kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You are not eating nearly enough.
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

You're at a healthy weight, you might want to stop trying to lose and start working on strength. Your goal weight would put you underweight.
  • zoelawliet
    zoelawliet Posts: 51
    Options
    You are not eating nearly enough.
    http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

You're at a healthy weight, you might want to stop trying to lose and start working on strength. Your goal weight would put you underweight.

I'm half Chinese and have a small/medium frame and even have a doctor's okay to loose more weight. My goal weight isn't written in stone I just want to see how I'm feeling every 5lbs or so and MFP requires you to enter in a goal, as you know. I am working on strength exercises at the gym but that wouldn't get rid of the remaining fat.
    If you have any help/advice on what I posted about that is totally welcome. :)
  • zoelawliet
    zoelawliet Posts: 51
    Options
    Bump...

I cant be the only lady with this issue :/
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any concrete evidence which proves birth control directly causes weight gain. Sure, increased appetite, but the process of losing weight shouldn't be different.