Question For The Busty Ladies.....

Options

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm down 37 pounds and haven't gone bra shopping yet. However, I can definitely tell I'm not filling out the cups quite as much as I used to. However… I can see the possibility that when I do finally decide it's time, that I'll go down in band size without dropping much in cup size.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Same here!!! Lol. I had such nice ta ta's and then I ruined them by gaining weight, maybe someday when I get to my goal weight I'll get a lift? Lol. Or maybe if i just lift more it'll tone them up a bit?
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Also, I used to have horrid back pain, sciatica pain issues, but now that I'm down 30 something pounds I haven't had back issues in months!! Awww lawwwd I feel good! :) Good luck in the ta-ta department, I'm personally hoping they don't get any smaller but maybe toned/perkier. LOL
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A good sportsbra really does make a huge difference! This is quite a nice article to read

http://www.shape.com/blogs/working-it-out/how-i-learned-work-out-busty-girl
  • freshstart180213
    freshstart180213 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hubby willbe pleased as a lot of u have lost the weight not the boobs he loves my 36dd
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes, my bra size changes. I am at my heaviest weight right now (159 lbs at 5'3") and am wearing a 38D. At my goal weight of 130, which I was several years ago, I was wearing a 34C. So, both the cup size and the size around shrunk.
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40 DD/DDD to a 38 DDD (at least at VS--we all know bra sizing is laughably inconsistent) after losing close to 40 lbs.
  • classypony
    classypony Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same goal here! I've lost 33 lbs and have gone from a 42dd to a 40d, hoping for a 36c when i lose another 60 lbs ;0) I have never experienced back pain but did have trouble exercising until I finally found the right sports bra for me after literally YEARS of looking, buying and discarding!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Check out enell.com for sports bras...designed for us big gals :)

This! My confidence to exercise is due to enell!

46H- J depending on make!
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I started at a 44/46DD, So far I have lost 30lbs and I have noticed that my more comfortable bras are starting to have space in the cups, especially those that are lightly padded, those that fit a little more snug have become more comfortable, the 46 I have stopped wearing as they are riding up under my arms and the straps are falling off. Maybe in another 20lbs I will definitely have to buy.
    I never really had back ache in relation to my boobs, but jumping is difficult in regular bras but not so bad in a good sports bra! Good luck
  • sherrydm1966
    Options
    Like most of you ladies, I have not seen much of a reduction in cup size, but for sure in band size. Been a DD since I was 11, and its funny because every time I start losing weight people say I'm gonna lose my boobs....hahah, never happens and I've lost 90 lbs. I think a lift would be great once I lose down to my goal, which is 26 more lbs. Thanks to all the ladies who shared the website for the sports bras. There are surely exercises that I struggle with because they cause me physical pain and discomfort. Good luck to us all!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    band size yes. cup size no. but i expected that when i was last at my goal weight i was a 28JJ, gaining 70 pounds only added 6 inches to my ribcage measurement so i'm pretty much predisposed to have small ribcage and full rack

i never had back pain even when i was 120 pounds and huge boobs....but then again i've always had good posture. maybe work on your posture, especially if you work at a desk. shoulders away from your hears and back, engaged core, chest up and out.

also enell is a good choice for sports bras if you have larger band size but they dont have much option for those with smaller bands/large cups. i save my enells for low impact stuff. other sports bras i like panache, goddess, elomi, and shock absorber. the panache and shock absorber are very good for high impact and even for sprinting, i find that they reduce practically all of the bounce
  • Rebecca_1552
    Rebecca_1552 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out enell.com for sports bras...designed for us big gals :)

I've never heard of this... thanks for the tip!!! :smile:
  • Julesoola
    Julesoola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 44DD to a 34DD, 105 lbs lost.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    It took me 35ish pounds to feel like I should remeasure wear a different size.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Graduated high school (ahem, 17 years ago) at a 34B. Graduated college at a 36C. Now I'm a 38HH. I've had a +/- 40 lb fluctuation over the past two years- this is the largest they've been during that time. I'd gone down to a 36F at one point. It's all very dependent on each person. I'm pretty confident that when I reach my goal weight (in 100+ lbs) I'll likely be down quite a bit. I'd be happy resting around a 36D/DD.

I usually get re-measured every 25-30 lbs or so.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I also have rather large norks and would love them to be smaller, however I have a feeling they're only going to get flatter and longer :/.

That's what happened to mine. And when I gained the weight back, they stayed flatter and longer. Age will do that. So, on the rare occasion I do wear a regular bra, I'm a wrinkled-cup-half-full 46D -- Cs and Bs don't do any better. An athletic bra seems to be the only solution -- on those rare occasions I do wear a bra. Ah, the joys of being a retired aging hippy! I'm buying a new sports bra to "dress up" for my nephew's wedding so my 91 year old mother won't be embarassed to sit with me. I figure as we do better than Lisa Minelli braless at the Oscars we'll be fine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/liza-minnelli-oscars-wardrobe-malfunction-3200789
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Although I recognize that many busty women have problems with bad backs etc. there are also many of us that recognize that this can be managed or avoided through various methods including losing weight, strengthen muscles, maintaining good posture etc. (Things that have many other benefits). I also find that good bras and not wearing high heels too often helps. I think that there are still some people that will need a reduction no matter what they try and if so, they should go for it.

However, it isn't a forgone conclusion. I'm a 34h and I actual had someone say to me that their cousin had a reduction and I should too since I will feel so, so much better. I never once complained to this person about problems due to my bust size. Frankly my health is great and if I had thousands of dollar to spare I would travel more. Sorry for the rant but I would recommend that you see what happens after you lose weight. streghten your muscles, etc. and reaccess the situation.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight in your bust just as you lose weight everywhere else. It depends on how much you lose. I went from a 42 g to a 36 F. I still have more weight to lose, so I am sure I will continue to lose it everywhere.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!