Replies

• nonchalantaka
    nonchalantaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Alienpoptart417
    Alienpoptart417 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you look really good! congrats on your weight loss!!(:and good luck losing those last few pounds:D
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your wonderful compliments, they are very much appreciated!
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the red dress and shoes! Great job!
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow! Brilliant. You should be very proud of yourself for sticking with it and working so hard. You look great!
  • Liz75
    Liz75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome weight loss, looking fit and healthy. Well done!:smile:
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    you look great! Keep it up
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow u look great, love the red dress
  • maureensc
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!! Your photos motivate me to get moving now!
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    WOW, you look amazing and so happy! Congratulations!
    ~Kelly
  • PinnHead
    Options
    Thank you !!! You look great, that will keep me going. what a difference, wonderful!
  • josierenee
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!
    Quite the inspiration
  • slg92088
    slg92088 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look great! congrats!
  • LynseyLous
    LynseyLous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    fantastic you look amazing
    can you share any of your work outs you did?? or eating plan?? x
  • BaseballMom18
    Options
    fantastic you look amazing
    can you share any of your work outs you did?? or eating plan?? x

I actually worked with a local personal trainer here in Kansas City at HitchFit gym, I chose to do in person training but they also do online programs all over the world and were voted #1 here. You can google their site and see the before and afters of many of their clients and be truly inspired- August celebrated their 1st year and over 2000 lbs of fat lost. She provided me the meal plan and weight program to use plus 40 min.cardio daily.

My workouts with my trainer were very intense and she would pretty much work each muscle group when we met. This meant lots of lunges(stationary and walking with weights), squats, step-ups with weights, tricep dips, calf raises with weights (toes straight, turned in and turned out) jumping jacks, jump rope, push-ups. Machines-leg extensions, leg press, lat pull downs, cable machines, etc. Free weights was lots of bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, rows,chest press, etc. We would also do 100 calorie workouts on ellipitcal where I would go as hard as I could for 10 calories and then recover for 10 calories and then repeat. Towards end I did tabata- this is interval/circuit training where you do a specific exercise for 8 sets- so for example bicep curls for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 sec then repeat. Next may be lunges or squats. Let me tell you that is a high intensity workout that I felt for days. No workout was ever the same, she was always changing it up on me which kept me motivated too!

When I would go on my own I would try to work a specific area like legs one day and arms next. I also did most of my cardio on treadmill, Ellipitical, and some Zumba classes here and there. However I did start running some and I was never a runner, so I would use local HS track to run. This was a slow progression with just walking first and then running corners and walking straight areas. Then finally running straight areas and walking corners to running completely around track. Sometimes for a change I would run track until I got to bleacher section and then run up and down steps until I got back to track and then off I would go again. I also starting running some 5K's or smaller races- I have done 3-5K races and have bettered my time each race.

When I started I could not even do walking lunges across room with 5 lb weights without having to stop numerous times for break, when I was ending my time with trainer I was doing them with 25 lb weights. I could not do 1 regular push-up when i started, when I ended I was able to do sets of 15+ with my feet up on bench and hands on floor. I couldn't do 1 minute of jumping jacks, heck I couldn't do more than 5 total in a minute.

This was total lifestyle change for me and food played a big role in my transformation. I was on a very strict diet plan and I did not cheat. This was a huge change for both myself and my family as we ate out almost every night due to all my kids activities and I ate out every day for lunch. I never ate breakfast either and snacked all day long on junk and soda- no more soda or junk for me.

Here is a sample of what my meal plan looked like daily.

Meal 1
    Oatmeal – 105 Calorie Serving
    1 scoop whey protein w/water ( I used Dymatize ISO-100)
    1 tsp. Natural peanut butter (I put mine in my oatmeal)

Meal 2
    4.0 oz. Chicken or 5 oz. fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, fresh spinach, brussel sprouts, edamame, asparagus)
    4.0 oz. sweet potato or brown rice

Meal 3
    4.4 oz. green vegetables
    1 scoop whey protein powder with water
    One medium apple

Meal 4

4.0 oz. chicken or 5 oz. fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables
    Meal 5

4.0 oz. Chicken or 5 oz fish (tilapia, cod, tuna, salmon)
    4.4 oz. green vegetables

So things were considered free foods like bell peppers, cucumbers, and sugar-free jello cups so I could have as many of those as I wanted daily. Pre-workout I would have 3 plain or lightly salted rice cakes or protein drink.

Hope that helps and let me know if I can answer any more questions!
  • dogsdogs
    dogsdogs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is remarkable!!!! You look wonderful and I bet you feel even better. Thanks for the inspirational pictures.
  • patconklin
    Options
    Way to go I'm working on getting my weight under control also. I have a thyroid problem that makes it hard for me to lose weight, I will not let this be the reason For my getting unhealthy. So thank you for sharing your story with all of us. I do need to get my eating under control I love fried food.:smile: I can get healthy though thanks.
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely fabulous! great work.
  • kdbeaudin
    Options
    Wow you look amazing Good job!!!!
  • ersulas
    ersulas Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    AWEsome! You look amazing and you look like you feel terrific! Hot mama in those heels! Good for you =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!