Is a homemade 78 calorie clafoutis an "okay" midnight snack?

Options
All the recipes for a healthier clafoutis on the internet calls for a 150-160 calorie per 1/8 serving.I didn't have enough berries in hand so I actually halved all the ingredients.Well,the whole thing turned out to be slightly above 600 calories and each 1/8 serving is app. 78 calories.Each serving is the size of a palm,which is quite big.Thing is,I was having a catch up session with mom,and I had two servings at 12am.Due to the fact that I know I won't be putting on weight in one day,and I made them MYSELF so I am aware of the calorie content.But I still feel guilty though,because I could've just stopped at ONE piece,since it's quite big.

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    All the recipes for a healthier clafoutis on the internet calls for a 150-160 calorie per 1/8 serving.I didn't have enough berries in hand so I actually halved all the ingredients.Well,the whole thing turned out to be slightly above 600 calories and each 1/8 serving is app. 78 calories.Each serving is the size of a palm,which is quite big.Thing is,I was having a catch up session with mom,and I had two servings at 12am.Due to the fact that I know I won't be putting on weight in one day,and I made them MYSELF so I am aware of the calorie content.But I still feel guilty though,because I could've just stopped at ONE piece,since it's quite big.

How are you defining what is and is not "okay"?

Additionally, why are you defining what is and is not "okay"?
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? Did you log it?
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You had two servings at 78 calories each? So 156 calories total? I would just log and move on. Nothing to lose sleep over.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I had to google it since I had never heard of it before. It sounds lovely. Were you over your calories for the day? If not you have nothing to feel guilty about. If you were you still have nothing to feel guilty about. Just log it and carry on.
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You could eat the entire thing almost six times over before you gained a pound. I'd certainly not worry about 156 calories' worth. Do you mind me asking for your recipe? I love clafoutis; cherries are so good this time of year - I had no idea it was so reasonable in terms of calories.
    In summary, in my opinion it's fine, don't worry about it.
    If you cant relax about it, go for a walk, you'll burn those calories in about a mile and a half.
  • gcdn
    gcdn Posts: 42
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? Did you log it?

Of course I enjoyed it.It's filled with berries with only an inch of batter below it.yumz
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself two questions:
    1. Did it fit within my kcal/macro goals for the day?
    2. Did I enjoy it?

If the answer is yes, then of course it was an "okay" snack!

PS - I would love your recipe if you wouldn't mind sharing :)
  • gcdn
    gcdn Posts: 42
    Options
    I had to google it since I had never heard of it before. It sounds lovely. Were you over your calories for the day? If not you have nothing to feel guilty about. If you were you still have nothing to feel guilty about. Just log it and carry on.
    Hmm,actually no.But I have been practicing portion control to maintain my weight.And I should have just stopped at one,since it was quite a big piece for one serving.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^Wondering this as well.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

^Wondering this as well.

I think her food diary explains this :noway:
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    na
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This forum is idiotic.

QFT. Original OP is befuddling.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

^Wondering this as well.

Whoa. 550, 365, 461...just...whoa.

OP. Please seek help.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

^Wondering this as well.

Wow, I didn't think to look but those numbers are crazy small.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Hmm,actually no.But I have been practicing portion control to maintain my weight.And I should have just stopped at one,since it was quite a big piece for one serving.

You're maintaining at between 300-900 calories a day??????

You might want to see a physician asap.
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

^Wondering this as well.

OP. Please seek help.

This. You are taking some serious risks with your health.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Um, if you're logging accurately and your diary is a true reflection of what you're "eating", you're actually pretty much starving yourself. You don't need to be worrying about a 78 calorie dessert, you need to be more concerned about, you know, not dying.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    na
    that was supertactful.
  • Cranquistador
    Options

^Wondering this as well.

OP. Please seek help.

This. You are taking some serious risks with your health.
    ^