Women: How much does a guy's height really matter?

Options

Replies

• riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My mom is 5'9 and my dad is barely 5'6. Height isn't a big deal to me either
  • Michelle8683
    Options
    I would say it dosnt matter but it does really tall guys that have to look down at me to talk attracts me but they atleast have to be taller then me and im 5'5.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have dated men of all heights but I typically find men who are 6'-6'4" to be the most attractive. My boyfriend is 6'3" and he is the perfect height for me. We fit very well together.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The only time it mattered to me when I was dating was when a guy would make a big deal out of it. My best friend was 5 inches shorter than me, and he always dated taller women. I dated someone 3 inches shorter than me, and I never really thought of his height when we met. But he complained about how short he was the whole time. It was annoying. The height didn't matter, but the whining did.

I married someone who is 5'10". He's taller than me flat footed and in most shoes, but we're either the same height or I'm taller when I wear heels. He's loaded with confidence and that matters most.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I am a shade under 5'3", so most men are taller than I am. I have dated guys ranging from 5"4" to 6'3" and height never really made a difference to me.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I like em tall!!! I am 5'2, so anything is tall to me!!! :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.75". I'd easily date as short as 5'6" but would consider shorter in special circumstances. However I'm married to a man who is 5'9".
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I would have dated men that were any height as long as I liked their personality. Also I'm not so sure height matters as much to women as people think. Its all about attitude. My brother is only 5'4'' and he always had ladies lining up. He pretty much thinks he's god's gift to women and chicks love it, even when he went to Germany and most the girls were 4-5in taller than him...to be far he did not care if he was shorter than them either. I don't think all men are comfortable with that.

eta: I say would have cause I am now taken, not that I've changed my mind
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, so I prefer a guy to be 5'8 and up.. I once dated a guys that was 5'6, had to wear flats because I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable.
  • fheppy
    fheppy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It matters for me. I am 5'4", my ex was 5'3". it did not bother me at start however he had "short men syndrome" and ever since then i watch out... so no more shorter than me men. (not hard since I'm not tall) and i also don't like tall guys.
    I like men 5'6" - 6 feet range.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I would like to say it doesn't matter but it does to an extent. My late hubby was shorter than me. I went thru life with my head cocked to one side in pics, and being hunched over. Could never wear heels. My new hubby is 4 inches taller and I can now stand tall.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I`m 5`2`` and don`t wear very high heels. I think as long as a guy is 5`1 or taller, that is fine with me. Helps if he is a good dancer. I really do not care how tall a guy is, if he is fun to dance with. My husband is taller than me, though. But, I dance with a lot men that are not tall.

And look at Peter Dinklage. I`m sure he has no trouble with the ladies.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    fascinating

:laugh:
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Height's not an issue (It is hard to find someone shorter than me, as I just recently broke 5'4" and I am 20).
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" I prefer taller men - 5'9" or taller. Will make exception for super cool, smokin hot, compatible 5'8" dude. ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and my husband is over 6' and yes, I love that he is taller than me. I won't lie about that. But I have dated plenty of guys who were approximately my height (5'7-5'10") and even a couple of shorter guys. It was never an issue.

Of course non-physical traits, factors, etc, are very important - but when dealing with the PHYSICAL stuff, I was always FAR more concerned with other factors than height. I have known girls who would rather date a totally average looking 6'4" guy than a 5'8" guy with a gorgeous smile, intense eyes, nice shoulders/arms...I'm the opposite.

For me, the biggest potential issue would be the GUY having a problem with it or feeling weird about me being taller. Same deal with when I always dated big guys because I was overweight...I felt nervous that a guy might have issues with me being heavier/bigger. Although my husband was always "bigger" than me, he was thin and fit and I was obese when we first met and weighed more than he did. He didn't have an issue with it and by that time, I was at a level maturity-wise that I didn't either. I was attracted to him and could appreciate his very strong attraction to me.

I tend to think a lot of short guy/tall girl couples are adorable...whether I'm correct or not, it causes me to assume that they are both very confident and attracted to one another, and that's cool. I have never thought it looked "wrong" or weird.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've never really cared one way or the other, as long as he doesn't have the Short Guy complex, which really is unattractive.

I agree with this. I'm attracted to guys who are easy-going and comfortable in their own skin.
  • shannonbrewelch
    shannonbrewelch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a tall girl, almost 5'10 and my boyfriend is about 5'11 and I would love him even if he were my height.

Being tall is attractive, but I would much rather be with a guy with substance.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Taller is preferred, but it is never a deciding factor.
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I always thought I preferred tall guys, but my boyfriend is shorter (by about 1/4" and I never let him forget it) and it doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes I do miss wearing high heels though, since I don't want to tower over him.