Honestly? I give up.

Options
I've lost a total of 65 lbs.
I'm happy with that.
I'd be happier with myself if I could lose these last 25 lbs, but honestly.. Who cares?
What's the point.
I was happy when I didn't have to tediously count calories every single day in fear that I'd go over and gain
all of my weight back.

So, I give up.
It's way too stressful. I don't like being cranky around those that I love because I'm hungry

I'd honestly prefer to be fat and fun to be around than losing weight and being a dent on everyone's day.

Don't mistake this post as a plea for pity or encouragement.
I just posted in this forum to see if anyone was going through the same thing?
If so, how are you dealing with it?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Well Cory if you're well within your healthy BMI, I doubt anyone is going to give you any grief about losing an additional 25 pounds. But what is a little worrisome, is are you going to be able to keep that 65 pounds off without tracking your calories? That's the 65 pound question only you can answer.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    65 pounds is an amazing loss.
    You're pretty young to "give up"; this is about making healthier choices, that will carry you through life.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Are you drinking enough water? Some people mistake thirst for hunger because they've never properly filled their body with water. Maybe you aren't eating the right foods. Are you eating a lot of vegetables? They are more satiating than junk and other stuff. If you give up you'll go back to a place where you are unhappy. Love your body and nourish it properly. Recalculate your calories and see if you're eating too low of calories for your body. Try upping your calories by a 100 a week until you don't feel hungry but weight loss continues.
  • comona
    comona Posts: 18
    Options
    It's not about losing these last 25.
    I probably should have stated that I've been eating worse lately. Apologies for not being more elaborate.
    My issue is staying this way.
    I don't like the tedious calorie counting anymore.
    Been doing it for roughly over a year.
    Plataue a few times here and there.
    I just don't feel that it's a very important aspect in my life anymore.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to maintenance, and keep logging.

Once the crankiness wears off (and it will), set your goal to .5 lb. per week and lose the rest of the weight. (The smaller deficit will help you transition to maintenance.)

Do not go on a bender & ruin all your hard work!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that. this is a lifestyle change. not some quick fix. it is worth it to me to be on top of my weight for the rest of my life if i want to look good and be healthy.
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you feel you have gone far enough for you, I don't call that giving up. My only thought is about you maintaining your hard earned loss.

About counting calories, while I find I need to log the food I eat, the huge data base makes entering the portion and food really easy.

Personally,I would hate to have to count calories. I don't find that I am counting calories because the program does it for me when I enter the food and how much I ate. I have to keep track of what I eat, because if I don't I eat way too much. I needed a program just like this one to keep track because I over eat otherwise.

Also, about being hungry. I'm not that hungry at all. On this program, I do feel hunger for the first time in a long time, but that is a good thing because now I eat when I am hungry. I do eat throughout the day.

You may not be ready to lose more right now. Don't beat your self up. It is your program for you. You have to live it and it isn't my business or anyone elses what you do with your life or this program.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    If you regain your weight will it be important to you then?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    It's really your choice but a lot of people find success with taking diet breaks - still tracking but eating at a higher calorie level.

I also wonder what your calorie intake is at.
  • comona
    Options
    I don't want anyone to mistake this post as a bashing post towards calorie counting, either.
    Maybe I'm going through a phase, or maybe I'm just in a happy relationship with my partner and don't care.

Yeah. I'll blame her. :laugh:

But all joking aside, she does help me out alot with I'm truly grateful for. I'm also grateful for this website showing me
    The healthy way to lose weight,

And the support all of you give is truly amazing
    Just want everyone to know it doesn't go unnoticed .
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear you're discouraged :(

Weight loss is tough but you've done an awesome job and you can keep it off without counting calories everyday! The good news is you've formed some really great habits to get you down 65 lbs and you can use them to maintain and even lose more. I would look into "intuitive eating" to read more about this. It's about trusting your body and making healthy choices without needing to count calories. I would recommend the following if you are interested:

Read More-
    http://www.intuitiveeating.com/

1. Reject the Diet Mentality
    2. Honor Your Hunger
    3. Make Peace with Food
    4. Challenge the Food Police
    5. Respect Your Fullness
    6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor
    7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food
    8. Respect Your Body
    9. Exercise
    10 Honor Your Health

Two Blogs
    http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/
    http://runeatrepeat.com/weight-loss/intuitive-eating/

Hope that helps!
  • comona
    Options
    I've had many switch ups with my calorie intake, one month I'd go by TDEE -%20, another month I'd use MFP presets, it was never really consistent.
  • comona
    Options

Once the crankiness wears off (and it will), set your goal to .5 lb. per week and lose the rest of the weight. (The smaller deficit will help you transition to maintenance.)

Do not go on a bender &
    ruin all your hard work!

I didn't even think about doing that. I guess when I started, I was so excited to see that MFP had a 2LBS a week option and never changed that part up, until I did TDEE -20%
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'd be happier with myself if I could lose these last 25 lbs, but honestly.. Who cares?
    What's the point.

"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died." - Adlai E. Stevenson
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

Do not go on a bender & ruin all your hard work!

^^QFT!!

Take a break. Eat at maintenance for a while. Maybe even a month. But then come back. In maintenance, a cheat meal here or there (that you honestly log) isn't as big of a deal. And you don't need to log meticulously. Just log and be honest. It's worth it.
  • comona
    Options
    What's the point.

"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died." - Adlai E. Stevenson

Needed that. Much thanks.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I agree it can get tedious and if you are feeling hungry all the time maybe you should relook at your goals? How much do you have it set to lose? Maybe just try 1/2 a lb a week and see if that helps with the hunger, its possible you have your goals set to high for your body right now :) Take if from someone who never wants to go back. As annoying as it gets to count calories everyday the truth is my life is worth it and so is yours. You are still young and now is the time to learn how to be healthy. There may come a day when you have it down and no longer have to count every single calorie but until then do this for you :) It honestly takes about a minute for each meal for me to log my food. Its not that much time. I understand being in a happy relationship and that is so wonderful :) Everyday doesnt have to be perfect foodwise. We all have those days when we want to go out to a special dinner with someone or not worry about what to eat. Well do it and then tomorrow get back on track. This is all about balance, find that happy balance for you and your life that will keep you happy and healthy :) Best of luck Corey :)
  • wixsie
    wixsie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I can totally relate. I have lost 9 lbs and have 4 lbs to go. Problem is, my weight has not budged in 3 weeks! Totally frustrating. What keeps me entering every morsel into my iPhone is that I believe I am learning to be a healthier person. I am becoming the person who takes good care of herself--and I actually like and admire that person. I am developing healthy habits that will benefit me now and later. I mess up and I try to learn. I am hungry A Lot. But, I am learning how to be satisfied, with less junk and more fiber, whole foods, and protein. I am hoping my stomach or appetite is changing. Good news is I won't be fat in tight pants criticizing myself. In my mind, there is no turning back. I hope you are proud of all you've accomplished. Be well!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I only have 3 lbs to go for a healthy Body mass index. I'm cranky to very cranky. You gotta suck it up and push through or take a maintenance break. Don't waste your hard work.
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it.
    Put the weight back on.
    You said you were happier being fat.
    You will be reminded the reason
    you dieted in the first place.