Women: How much does a guy's height really matter?

Options

Replies

• roostking1
    roostking1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is why I wont date fat women either. We can all say that superficial things dont matter, but they do. If they dont care whats in my heart, why should I care what might be in theirs.
  • rcc24again
    rcc24again Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I thought it was width not height that mattered lol!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    in with popcorn now...
    ZXLTT.gif
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I thought it was width not height that mattered lol!

Length is important as well.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    This is why I wont date fat women either. We can all say that superficial things dont matter, but they do. If they dont care whats in my heart, why should I care what might be in theirs.

I was with you right up until you proudly proclaimed that you don't care what's going on in the heart.

There's nothing wrong with having preferences. I prefer a man to be between 5'5" and 5'10". That seems to be the height range that is most comfortable for me. My husband is 5'8.5" and that's just about perfect, but I certainly didn't select him because of his perfect height!
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    5' 10" is minimum height requirement for me. 6' 2" is perfect.
  • zak138
    zak138 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I prefer taller guys, don't know why though.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    About 5'10"--6'1" is great assuming he has all the other attributes I look for in a man.
  • mllev87
    mllev87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" myself and I like to wear heels, so I like guys that are taller than me because if I'm the same height/taller, I tend to feel big and a bit awkward. However, if I liked someone, I wouldn't not date them because of their height - it's just a preference.
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Attractiveness: I like tall men. Tall, muscular, dark hair, and nice face. That's what makes me take notice.

After the initial attraction, confidence is incredible important. I have dated men my height (5'4 all the way to 6'2") and they were all very confident in themselves.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    here's the thing. I like a man who I can feel safe with. Now, a man my height and frame, maybe, but i feel safer with men who are taller than me just because of that protectiveness they can provide with you tucking your head under their chin and their arms wrapping around you. Got to be taller.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Kinda hard to find a guy shorter than me. I am 5'2. I would have to go with "Little People", and as I understand it, they are a very small percentage of the population.

Besides, I like tall men.:flowerforyou:
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I find tall men super sexy but the most sexy thing is what happens on the inside of a person.
  • airbearlover
    airbearlover Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think for the most part it really is of little concern.
    I have dated anywhere from 5' 6" to 6' 5" . Just as I've dated skinny and fat.
    Height doesn't matter to me much. Though I prefer if they were at least an inch or two taller than me. Only because I'm really short. (5' 2" )
    And not ever woman feels that way. I knew a lady at work who only dated guys significantly shorter than herself. Her excuse was she found short guy attractive :)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I just like him taller than me, which isn't hard to do since I'm 5'3.

THIS :)
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'9" and did just fine with the ladies before me. I'm 5'5", so taller than me is my preference. I don't have much dating experience (married my high school boyfriend), so I've never dated a guy that was shorter than me, but I know plenty of women that have. Asking women if height matters is like asking women what color eyes is best - you're going to get a wide range of responses. We're not all the same, ya know.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7". And like seeing eye to eye with my hubs that is 6'3" when I wear heels... Just always dated taller guys.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've noticed over a long period of time, it's very unusual to see a woman in public with a guy shorter than she is. If she's 6'1", her male companion will almost always be at least 6'2". In my informal surveys, it seems to be more important to women than men that he be taller.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It matters a lot.
  • jkane1992
    jkane1992 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Every woman wants a taller man... it wouldnt look right looking down at your boyfriend, then again im 6"2 and i have had 1 woman say im to tall she likes smaller guys... but then others who love it..