Dumbest comment I get told everyday about working out is...

Options

Replies

• Bostonsoul
    Bostonsoul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This machine here works your flactoid..
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    More diet related, and a recent one too:

"I don't think you're eating enough, and you're getting too thin. It'd be different if you were all muscle, but you're not."

Straight through the heart. I'm still trying to recover from that one.

So harsh, and totally incorrect, you look amazing.

yeah ppl can be horrible with their words.

..I get that all the time as well - but in those ppl's defense - they just aren't thinkers. :smile:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    My father-in-law: "Are you still on that diet?"
    Me: "It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change and, yes, I'm still doing it."

Then he laughs his *kitten* off thinking I said the funniest thing ever. I might add that the man is pushing 400lbs and has to walk with a cane because his knees are shot from carrying around that weight.

ughhhh the worst, I hate it when people say are you on a diet?? Diet is the worst word I think, EVERYONE is on a diet, its what type of diet you choose to go with...healthy one for me! Just becaue I choose not to have a donut shouldnt make someone have to ask are you on a diet? drives me nuts...no I'd rather not put crap in my body.
  • MsCristie
    MsCristie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    "So how did you lose all of that weight?"

"eating right and exercise."

"Oh, never mind then. But I eat healthy. This buttermilk is organic from Trader Joes."
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options
    .....only been asked this once and I was so upset by it!!!!

"Are you cheating on your fiance and that's why you're losing weight for someone else?" So in order to look and feel better I must be screwing someone OTHER than my significant other.

:explode:

This one WOULD have earned that person a throat punch from me.

Regarding OP...I have heard the opposite comments regarding the gym. A friend of mine actually said how much he thinks it's disgusting to see "fatties" at the gym...WTF?! Really?! I'm a "fatty" and we were actively discussing my gym time...I walked away and cried....it doesn't bother me when strangers stay stupid *kitten*, but to hear it from someone I am close to.... :grumble:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hmm...where do I begin???

"You run a lot. You know running is actually bad for you."

Really? Know what else is bad for you. Sucking a tailpipe. Which is what you should do.

"You lift a lot. You know lifting too much is bad for you."

Refer to item 1.

"Wow you lost a lot of weight! Are you doing Paleo/Atkins/gluten free/vegetarian/organic/raw/clean eating/[insert fad diet of the year]??"

When I tell them that I maintain a moderate calorie deficit and that is my secret, they look at me with an extremely perplexed look.

"You know, [insert evil food here] is poison!"

Yes, like the poison coming from a tailpipe. The one you should be sucking on!
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    my mum, at least once a month (we speak about oncea week) - exercise isn't good for you. that and - you're over-doing it.
    uh-huh. whatever.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bethanimal4
    bethanimal4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

"Not every woman can be a size 4! My hips are too wide!"
    I said the same thing, I was wrong, you probably are too

so true! and most of these, really. great thread!
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    From my husband who used to be in the army, when I'm pleased with myself for doing a long/fast/challenging run:

"Huh, you try doing that in full combat gear in the desert with 80 pounds on your back".

Er... no thanks. And now that he's a civvy couch potato, I doubt he could do it any more either ;)
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got told that I needed more meat on my bones.

I just ate 4 pieces of cake, and got a "you need to slow down" by the same person.

People are funny. But that cake was damn good.

People are flip-flopping a-holes. SOME are ok, though. So you need more meat and you need to slow down on the cake.....wow. Is this idiot a flat, sloppy mess? :noway:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I guess the comment I get a lot is you look muscular and I'm like what are you idiots seeing.
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    From a number of my relatives:

So what do you do at the gym?

me....*blank stare* uh I work out? What ever I feel like. Some cardio? Heavy lifting?

them - wait you do cardio and strength in the same day???

me- *blank stare* oh boy.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    "Women are not supposed to have muscles." :grumble:
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hmm...where do I begin???

"You run a lot. You know running is actually bad for you."

Really? Know what else is bad for you. Sucking a tailpipe. Which is what you should do.

"You lift a lot. You know lifting too much is bad for you."

Refer to item 1.

"Wow you lost a lot of weight! Are you doing Paleo/Atkins/gluten free/vegetarian/organic/raw/clean eating/[insert fad diet of the year]??"

When I tell them that I maintain a moderate calorie deficit and that is my secret, they look at me with an extremely perplexed look.

"You know, [insert evil food here] is poison!"

Yes, like the poison coming from a tailpipe. The one you should be sucking on!

Haha, these are all familiar...
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm scared to get bulk / you're going to get bulk if you do this / that.. You're a girl. I'm only doing elliptical. Are you serious?

Oh come on, I rather be like that than have squishy fatness. You aren't going to get bulk that easily. IF so, everyone would be so bulk.

I hate when people judge at the gym. Is it wrong for a skinny person to be at the gym? The gym is not only to lose weight.. T_T maybe they are skinny/ fit because they actually work out?
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    "Not every woman can be a size 4! My hips are too wide!"
    I said the same thing, I was wrong, you probably are too

This is the only one that I disagree with. My hips literally are too wide. I have a 10 inch difference between my waist and my hips and I will never be able to fit into a size smaller than about a 7 because of my hips and my *kitten*, despite only weighing 121 lbs
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Comments from people who aren't doing anything at all telling me I am doing all this wrong. Number one, they have no room to talk if they aren't doing anything themselves. Number 2, I do what works for me, not what works for everybody else. Weight loss is a personal thing for each individual person. What works well for one person may not work the same for another person. People have different paces, different capabilities, different ways of doing things. If I live my life by doing what makes other happy or doing things everyone else's way, I myself would be a sad miserable person.
  • jmcnally257
    Options
    "That's so high in fat you'll get fat/get really bad cholestero/have a heart attack"
    1. Good job I'm counting my carbs then.
    2. Educate yourself.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    "So how did you lose all of that weight?"

"eating right and exercise."

"Oh, never mind then. But I eat healthy. This buttermilk is organic from Trader Joes."

YES, YES, YES! When I was more fit. I love it...."how?"...."this way"....."Oh never mind"......

Why do people just ask to ask? They know they are not going to do anything about it, why do the pretend to care?