I HATE SALAD!!!!!!!

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
there I said it....:ohwell:

well I don't HATE them but I'm gettin' plum tired of them!:grumble:

do any of you guys get sick of salads too? I love my veggies and all its just everyday I seem to have one for lunch and now the thought of one makes me feel BLECH! :embarassed:

What do you guys do to make your salads yummy or give yourself a break from this lowfat lunch?

hugs and thanks!
Ali :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    there I said it....:ohwell:

well I don't HATE them but I'm gettin' plum tired of them!:grumble:

do any of you guys get sick of salads too? I love my veggies and all its just everyday I seem to have one for lunch and now the thought of one makes me feel BLECH! :embarassed:

What do you guys do to make your salads yummy or give yourself a break from this lowfat lunch?

hugs and thanks!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I LOVE having a salad with romaine, dried cranberries, sliced pear and a tiny bit of gorgonzola with some low or fat free balsamic dressing! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Add a little grilled chicken for protein and to make it more of a meal.

There is a cool salad with chicken and strawberries recipe I posted in the recipe section last week. Check that out.

HUGS! :heart:
    -Tam
  • drinkfreshwater
    Options
    I can't stand lettuce anymore. If I do use it I just use colesaw mix but mostly I just throw a bunch of veggies together and add some nuts or soy beans :smile:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hi Ali...I change up the types of lettuces and contents when I get bored...my Dad likes sliced fruit in his salads...I like to add 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds when I can fit in the calories...you can always take a break from them and just eat cooked or raw vegetable and fruit...no sin there...you'll start to crave salads again soon!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    my two favorites are:

romaine and spinnach with cut up strawberries, pecans and raspberry vinigarette (the one i like has a hint of horseradish)

the other one, for me, that makes any salad yummy, you can get near the soy sauce... called San J spicy thai peanut sauce. I dip everything in my salad in it, and i love it!! it is alot like the sauce you get at japanese restaurants
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I just bumped a bunch of salad recipes I had posted and one that someone else posted that I thought looked good! LOL!
  • ali106
    Options
    I just bumped a bunch of salad recipes I had posted and one that someone else posted that I thought looked good! LOL!

Hugs and thanks sis!!!:heart:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Ya...YUM!

potd-bunnylettuce.jpg
  • ali106
    Options
    I LOVE having a salad with romaine, dried cranberries, sliced pear and a tiny bit of gorgonzola with some low or fat free balsamic dressing! MMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Add a little grilled chicken for protein and to make it more of a meal.

There is a cool salad with chicken and strawberries recipe I posted in the recipe section last week. Check that out.

HUGS! :heart:
    -Tam

yum, I like making that same salad too, but I think I'm just gettin sick of the same thing...the lettuce and everything is making me just not a happy camper lol...but I'll check out the others for sure...and great minds girl! lol
    hugs!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Helloooooooo!!!! happy107.gif

Taco SALAD!!!!!

522613384_30004ae305.jpg

:bigsmile:

Think outside the box, lil missy!! :drinker:
  • ali106
    Options
    I can't stand lettuce anymore. If I do use it I just use colesaw mix but mostly I just throw a bunch of veggies together and add some nuts or soy beans :smile:

mmm coleslaw...I've been doing a lot of that lately myself thanks! I could just use it as a salad I've been putting it in wraps..mmm thanks!!!
    hugs!
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have had salad everyday for lunch and dinner for years! If I get really really really disgusted with them but still have to have one anyway I just make a taco salad without the tacos! Just add salsa for some zip and change out the cheese to something spicy.
    Another weird one I will do is a pizza salad. Sounds strange but its pretty good to. Pizza cheese mixed with some pizza sauce on red, orange, green and yellow peppers (cooked) and some turkey sausage. Fills the need for pizza without the fattening crust.
    You get inventive after a while...........
  • ali106
    Options

Taco SALAD!!!!!

522613384_30004ae305.jpg

:tongue: drool!!!
  • ali106
    Options
    my two favorites are:

romaine and spinnach with cut up strawberries, pecans and raspberry vinigarette (the one i like has a hint of horseradish)

the other one, for me, that makes any salad yummy, you can get near the soy sauce... called San J spicy thai peanut sauce. I dip everything in my salad in it, and i love it!! it is alot like the sauce you get at japanese restaurants

I need to check that out, I love a good spicy thai peanut sauce!!! never thought of puttin it on salad! woo!
    :heart: you Em!
  • ali106
    Options
    Hi Ali...I change up the types of lettuces and contents when I get bored...my Dad likes sliced fruit in his salads...I like to add 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds when I can fit in the calories...you can always take a break from them and just eat cooked or raw vegetable and fruit...no sin there...you'll start to crave salads again soon!

thanks hon!!! I really think you're right there...I need to just step away for a bit maybe LOL

hugs!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Taco SALAD!!!!!

522613384_30004ae305.jpg

Only 500 calories/bite too! :laugh:
  • ali106
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have had salad everyday for lunch and dinner for years! If I get really really really disgusted with them but still have to have one anyway I just make a taco salad without the tacos! Just add salsa for some zip and change out the cheese to something spicy.
    Another weird one I will do is a pizza salad. Sounds strange but its pretty good to. Pizza cheese mixed with some pizza sauce on red, orange, green and yellow peppers (cooked) and some turkey sausage. Fills the need for pizza without the fattening crust.
    You get inventive after a while...........

again...:tongue: drool!!! lol thanks!:heart:
  • ali106
    Options

Taco SALAD!!!!!

522613384_30004ae305.jpg

Only 500 calories/bite too! :laugh:

is that w/ or w/ out the margaritas????:huh: ......................lol you silly price girl! :heart: you!
  • ali106
    Options
    Ya...YUM!

potd-bunnylettuce.jpg

where did you get that from?! OMG are you stalking me??????:embarassed: :laugh:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: these tortilla wraps.... they are listed under Ole extreme Wellness wraps, just enter Ole. They are only 71 cal, 5 carb, 2 fat, 8 protein, 12FIBER, 0 sugar. Figure you can fill it with veggies and a bit of tuna or whatever and have a great lunch for not much 'calorie/fat expense' they're my staple and stand by. :happy:

They seem to keep my tummy happy for 3-4 hours, must be that fiber...and they come in a couple of flavors.....and no, darn it, I don't have stock in the company!!!:laugh: :laugh:
    Ezzie