Dumbest comment I get told everyday about working out is...

Options

Replies

• mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The question I hate hearing the most is "How would you be paying for this month?"
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The main thing that makes me crazy is food related, not exercise related. When we have birthday celebrations here (once a month) and we have cake, some of my coworkers will literally scrape the frosting off from my cake because I am "one a diet", according to them. I told them that I am fully aware of what I can and cannot eat and don't need them to a. police my food or b. make a big deal about it in front of all of the other employees. Seriously, I've lost the weight all by myself, I don't need anyone telling me what I can and cannot eat.

Scrapping the frosting off your cake?!? That's throat punch worthy! mmmmm frosting
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    I agree I don't need a woman with muscles, all natural for me please!

I can't bear it when people say to me 'you're so natural, no tone at all, like a nice piece of veal'

Dont they know how hard it is to sit around doing nothing and starving myself!

Jeez!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Diet related:

"Is that allowed in your diet?" "Are you still losing weight?"

Says the person next to me when I decide to eat something delicious (i.e. s'mores or chicken fajita nachos) that I have carefully worked into my day.

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and I refuse to cut out the things that I love (I tried that with the nachos, but it just isn't happening. They're my favorite.)

Yes, I am still losing weight. Do you really think this ONE s'more is going to cause me to put all 42 pounds back on?!

Goodness!

Exactly what I was thinking...
    LIMITING not ELIMINATING...if I want a frikkin S'more, I'll have one...and like you said, it's a lifestyle CHANGE.
    Eliminating all of your favorite foods is only going to make you miserable...I'm learning how to balance the good AND the bad and it's working out GREAT!

Dumbest 'exercise' comment..
    "That's not HIKING!"

heard this on a few occasions...especially if I mention my 'pace', speed and/or mph

I'm NOT walking on a treadmill, or along a paved road, or any 'flat, level surface' for that matter...
    I'm HIKING out in the desert boonies dodging creosote bushes and Joshua Trees, up and down over 'washes' and trekking over a terrain made up of large rocks and deep sand. My average 'pace' or speed is about 2.5mph but speed isn't everything..my focus is solely on intensity and duration....NOT speed.
    Call it what you want..
    I call it HIKING :tongue:

Having wandered about in the desert backcountry some myself, I would say that what you're doing is CERTAINLY hiking! :happy:

After I finished my half marathon, I mentioned to my husband that I walked intervals after 8 miles. And he asked if I could say that I "ran" a half marathon.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I agree I don't need a woman with muscles, all natural for me please!

Plenty of them out there. Move along.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Diet related:

"Is that allowed in your diet?" "Are you still losing weight?"

Says the person next to me when I decide to eat something delicious (i.e. s'mores or chicken fajita nachos) that I have carefully worked into my day.

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change and I refuse to cut out the things that I love (I tried that with the nachos, but it just isn't happening. They're my favorite.)

Yes, I am still losing weight. Do you really think this ONE s'more is going to cause me to put all 42 pounds back on?!

Goodness!

My husband was all like, "You're eating that?!? Have you thought about just eating watermelon?"
  • likitisplit
    Options
    success shuts 'em up fairly quick.
    When I first started dieting and exercising, i was told by many people I was doing it wrong.....50+lbs later.....they shut up

Really, because a personal trainer told me that I could really rev up my metabolism with green shakes after I lost 35 pounds.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    "I look at all these people who go to the gym and I think 'why don't you get out and think about someone besides yourself for a change. Go mow some old lady's lawn. That'll burn calories.'" (That's from my sister) While I quite agree that lawn mowing burns calories and one doesn't need a gym to lose weight.... It completely burns me up that she judges us all as selfish, uncaring human beings because we chose to go to a gym. I get great pleasure in telling her all the people I see at the gym that I know she respects and knows are service-oriented people.

Please excuse me while I punch your sister in the throat lol
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options
    The main thing that makes me crazy is food related, not exercise related. When we have birthday celebrations here (once a month) and we have cake, some of my coworkers will literally scrape the frosting off from my cake because I am "one a diet", according to them. I told them that I am fully aware of what I can and cannot eat and don't need them to a. police my food or b. make a big deal about it in front of all of the other employees. Seriously, I've lost the weight all by myself, I don't need anyone telling me what I can and cannot eat.

Scrapping the frosting off your cake?!? That's throat punch worthy! mmmmm frosting

You know what's the best? Whipped cream icing yummmmmm I love sweets, but sometimes that real sugary frosting is just too much, but that whip cream frosting... Its nice and light and just the right amount of sweetness...
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When people ask me if I'm on a diet just because I'm eating salad. Well I am focusing on losing weight , I enjoy salad. And I still plan on eating it when I get to my goal weight.

When people tell me I won't need insulin after I lose all my weight. Sorry, been type one diabetic since I was 2. That's not how it works.
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My husband is army so we only see family and friends 1 or 2 times a year. Someone actually told me "You look good but are you anorexic or turning anorexic?" That was when I was still 35 to 40 pounds overweight! Apparently, caring about my health, what I put into my body, and working out automatically makes me anorexic. >_>
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    how much do you bench.... -_________-
    if i had a dollar for everytime a guy asked me this crap
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My husband is army so we only see family and friends 1 or 2 times a year. Someone actually told me "You look good but are you anorexic or turning anorexic?" That was when I was still 35 to 40 pounds overweight! Apparently, caring about my health, what I put into my body, and working out automatically makes me anorexic. >_>

I hear this ALL THE TIME! My grandmother, God love her, worries about everything. When I was 80 pounds heavier, she worried about my weight. Now that I've lost all of that, I MUST be anorexic/working out too much/depriving myself. There's apparently no happy medium!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    When people ask me if I'm on a diet just because I'm eating salad. Well I am focusing on losing weight , I enjoy salad. And I still plan on eating it when I get to my goal weight.

When people tell me I won't need insulin after I lose all my weight. Sorry, been type one diabetic since I was 2. That's not how it works.

People usually don't understand the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes or even diabetes at all!!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Options

People usually don't understand the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes or even diabetes at all!!

I admit to being one of those people that don't really understand it, but that is why I do not feel the need to comment on it :)
  • Liesje986
    Liesje986 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
  • Bikemom46
    Bikemom46 Posts: 1
    Options
    I found a great series on Youtube.com produced by Fitness Blender. I started with Tank Top Arms, a 9 minute series of well instructed arm moves with hand weights. I LOVE IT! They have targeted videos that are great.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    "Squatting heavy weight will destroy your knees."
    (My knee pains vanished)

"Backpacking? Say goodbye to your joints!"
    (Achilles's and ankle problems disappeared)

"Deadlifts are bad for your back."
    (Chronic back pain from injury no longer exists' - my back pain now comes from long-term sitting!)

"Protein powders are bad for your kidneys."
    (Creatinine numbers and other renal function work is almost dead-normal)

"How can you eat so much and look like that?"
    (Usually said when there's free food at work. I save my calories for those days.)
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "You're getting to small, guys don't like that" -my mom says this

Yeah because her out and open lesbian daughter who has been in a loving relationship with a woman for 6 years is losing weight to impress men.... or impress anyone but myself for that matter
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My MIL is slowly learning that criticising my weight (either too high, too low, or coming off too fast) is a no-go area, so instead she tells my husband he's losing too much weight, every time we see her. He's 6'3ish and 196lbs, so absolutely fine, but more to the point, he has been that weight or slightly lower for the past few years.