herbalife

Options

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I tried it.

Lost 14lbs in the first month when I don't weigh that much to begin with.
    Gained everything right back when I started craving real food.
    Now I have about 13 opened canisters in my closet that I can't return :grumble:

It's not worth it. Just eat real food at a deficit and you'll lose weight. Eat food at your maintenance calories, and you'll maintain your weight. Eat food at a surplus to gain weight. You don't need to drink shakes to reach any of these goals. Save your money.

Did the wellness coach, from who u bought the food, made you a program what to eat?

I eat 5 times a day, and it is not only shakes. My food includes, meat, vegetables, fruit, kernels, milk products etc. I removed the junk food and soda, white sugar, white salt and products made with white flour. I have a lots of energy and better dreams with this type of food.

I was told 2 shakes, 2 snacks and 1 "healthy" meal a day. It was not sustainable for me. I prefer real food all day long. I'm losing on poptarts and hamburgers now, not crappy shakes. :bigsmile:
  • voice_love
    Options
    I tried it.

Lost 14lbs in the first month when I don't weigh that much to begin with.
    Gained everything right back when I started craving real food.
    Now I have about 13 opened canisters in my closet that I can't return :grumble:

It's not worth it. Just eat real food at a deficit and you'll lose weight. Eat food at your maintenance calories, and you'll maintain your weight. Eat food at a surplus to gain weight. You don't need to drink shakes to reach any of these goals. Save your money.

Did the wellness coach, from who u bought the food, made you a program what to eat?

I eat 5 times a day, and it is not only shakes. My food includes, meat, vegetables, fruit, kernels, milk products etc. I removed the junk food and soda, white sugar, white salt and products made with white flour. I have a lots of energy and better dreams with this type of food.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That does it. My all time favorite new claim. Improved dreams. That beats saying it cures cancer.

Sry mate, my English it's not ok. I wanted to say that I had problems before with falling a sleep and waking up from bed.
  • Reginalm
    Reginalm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been using it for 2 weeks. I have 2 shakes a day and I have a real dinner in moderation. I also work out 3 times a week for 1 hour. I am seeing great results.
  • natethegreat80
    natethegreat80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    isnt this the same as slim fast? haha its a scam...and if you look at the ingredients its not even healthy for you...like some people have commented once you stop drinking 2 shakes a day...what happens? you gain all the weight back...eat whole healthy foods (fruits, veggies etc) and the weight will fall off with time...anything that happens over night or in a few weeks is temporary because your habits havent changed
  • voice_love
    Options
    I was told 2 shakes, 2 snacks and 1 "healthy" meal a day. It was not sustainable for me. I prefer real food all day long. I'm losing on poptarts and hamburgers now, not crappy shakes. :bigsmile:

We all have a choice, that is urs. I made my choice because I think they are great because of the 220 calories and nutrients, and in the last 6 weeks I dont have food cravings. :)))
  • voice_love
    Options

Got it, sorry to tease. Next time just say, "It helps me sleep through the night."

For a non-native English speaker you've picked it up quite well.

No problem and thank you. :))
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I did Herbal Magic a few years ago and it worked great for me but when I was off work I couldn't afford it anymore so I just continued to follow the diet part of it. I discovered I continued to lose weight without the pills and shakes because the diet effectively amounted to a low cal diet. The key is tracking what you eat. I didn't gain the weight back because I stopped taking the pills and shakes, I gained the weight back because I stopped recording my food and measuring and eventually went right back to eating the amount I used to eat, hence the weight gain +++

I would suggest that you try tracking your food on MFP, it's free!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    isnt this the same as slim fast? haha its a scam...and if you look at the ingredients its not even healthy for you...like some people have commented once you stop drinking 2 shakes a day...what happens? you gain all the weight back...eat whole healthy foods (fruits, veggies etc) and the weight will fall off with time...anything that happens over night or in a few weeks is temporary because your habits havent changed

no, it's so much more! Slim Fast is just shakes that do nothing for you. Herbalife is shakes that do nothing for you AND an MLM that will try to sucker you into selling their useless products and making a hypothetical BILLION dollars WHILE alienating everyone you care about.

do you see how much MORE you get then silly ol' Slim Fast that you just pick up at the store??
  • chilledbeast
    chilledbeast Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    it is a scam
    it is not sustainable
    educate yourself
    eat real food
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It is not a "scam" - scam - skam/ nouninformal 1. a dishonest scheme; a fraud. it's just another business selling just another product. Would educating yourself and eating real food be better? Sure. But that doesn't make Herbalife as a company or a product a "scam". That term is thrown around here way too often without anyone actually understanding the difference between a scam and an inferior product. Just because you might think it's a crap a product doesn't make it a scam.

The shake powder and vitamins are a product, no different than the whey protein powder and vitamins you can pick up at GNC or Walmart. Their business model is set up based on "independent consultants" AKA SALES PEOPLE and they have an MLM earnings structure. Everyone has to work, everyone has to put food on the table and a roof over their heads. If some people choose to make their money by peddling vitamins, that's their decision. They're still people who deserve respect. I personally don't see it as any less respectable than people who sell make up, jewelry, customized tote bags or smell-good-wax-melters. And I don't see the difference in earning $5 dollars on every canister you sell vs the guy at the mattress store who gets paid $9 an hour to sell you that double box set.

I'm so sick of people whining and crying about the MLM earnings structure being a "scam." It's no different to your employers business model. EVERYONE who works full time is making someone else money. My boss is a shareholder, and is privvy to very generous bonuses that are directly affected by MY performance and results. How is that any better (or less of a "scam") than someone who makes a profit on someone who is "below them" in a pay structure pyramid?
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's not a scam. Typically, people use the term 'pyramid scheme' to refer to ANY multi-level marketing organization, but a true pyramid scheme is illegal because there is NO transfer of goods or services. The original pyramid schemes, back in the 1930s, are no longer around. The only legal pyramid schemes allowed anymore are government entitlements.

I started using Herbalife products with a friend who was trying to lose weight. I went in for 3 days in a row getting shakes with him. Didn't have anyone explain a single thing about the company or the products. After three days of shakes, I noticed I had more energy and was feeling better. So I stuck with it. That was 9 months ago. I've seen probably 20-30 people who have taken off weight and improved their health because of it. One client of mine has lost 30 lbs and has gotten his blood pressure back into a normal range. And let me be clear about this: I DO NOT attribute that specifically to Herbalife magic but rather to good nutrition. Which tells me Herbalife is a good product, not a magic product, and certainly not unique.

Can you get the same results from eating a well balanced diet? Sure! But as I said originally, for people like me who had no clue what good nutrition is or how to eat well without everything tasting like cardboard, Herbalife is great! "Educate yourself," you say? Well, I am. I started doing that a few months ago along with learning how to cook properly. Guess what, I'm still doing that. This has allowed me to focus on losing weight and becoming more healthy while I'm learning these things.

I have seen some people that Herbalife, for one reason or another, simply didn't agree with. And that's ok. If it doesn't work for you try something else-simple. But there's no reason to bad mouth a product that has proven results.

For me, it's not just about using Herbalife for reduced calorie intake, it's also about feeling better as a result of good nutrition. It's also about not being hungry all day and binging in the evening because I'm starving. It's also about having more energy than I otherwise would due to such a low calorie intake.

Herbalife is not perfect but it is a good company that produces a good product, that's it, not magic, not a cure all, not a gimick, not a scheme or scam.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ^Re: The above two comments.

Yeah, it's a scam. That's why they were investigated.

MLM companies are NOT the same as other businesses. Hence their designation. They use regular people as their sales force because these products would not sell as well in stores. Legitimate businesses sell their goods in stores. MLM's don't and there's a reason for that.

Your "magic" shakes, which enhance weight loss/lower blood pressure/clear up skin/fight cancer are nothing special, and the claims made are nothing more than a sales pitch.

Using an MLM replacement shake teaches nothing about nutrition. Nothing about healthy eating in a sustainable way. You just want to make some money off people here. And I find it incredibly distasteful.

giphy.gif
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ^Re: The above two comments.

Yeah, it's a scam. That's why they were investigated.

You are ignorant to the actual meaning of the word scam, simple as that.
    MLM companies are NOT the same as other businesses. Hence their designation. They use regular people as their sales force because these products would not sell as well in stores. Legitimate businesses sell their goods in stores. MLM's don't and there's a reason for that.

So by your definition - Amazon is not a legitimate business because I can't go to the Amazon store to buy something? And the massage parlor up the street is not legitimate because it doesn't sell "goods"? Pampered Chef consultants should consider themselves unemployed because they are regular people who peddle stuff that would not sell well at Walmart?

Just because you think a product is inferior, doesn't mean it is. That is subjective. Walmart sells scented candle wax, and I prefer the quality of Scentsy. I don't buy my make up from Avon - I pick it up at the local CVS. If you think Wet 'n Wild lipstick is better than Mary Kay, that's your opinion. You might think that Walmart's candle wax is better than Scentsy since it's "sold in a real store" *trying not to roll my eyes at this* but I disagree, and it's my right to do so. The best peaches I ever bought were from a dusty table on the side of the road, not my local Food Lion...

The actual business model of an MLM company is used by many corporations, whether you personally consider them "legitimate" or not. I'd be interested to know what you do for a living that's so much more "tasteful" than anyone putting their time and efforts into say, running an Herbalife nutrition club. I guarantee that at the end of the day you are being paid less than what you make for someone else. That massage parlor up the street? The person giving the massage is paying the wages of themselves, their manager, and the business owner. How evil!! ALL TEH MASSAGES MUST BE SKAMS! :sad:
    Your "magic" shakes, which enhance weight loss/lower blood pressure/clear up skin/fight cancer are nothing special, and the claims made are nothing more than a sales pitch.

I absolutely agree.
    Using an MLM replacement shake teaches nothing about nutrition. Nothing about healthy eating in a sustainable way.

Using any meal replacement shake/bar/etc or following any "fad diet" will leave someone ignorant about nutrition, whether it's a product sold by an Herbalife rep or at GNC or counting points. It's up to the individual to educate themselves about their body.
    You just want to make some money off people here. And I find it incredibly distasteful.

I am going to assume this part of your comment is meant for the other poster and my post was just grouped in out of laziness.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I absolutely agree.

So how exactly do you think that selling a product based on false pretenses and lies doesn't equal "scam"?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's a multilevel marketing product. SCAM-O!!! U can get herbal appetite suppressants in a legit way; like a drugstore, vitamin/supplement shop, Amazon, etc without shelling out all that money and getting pressured to become a rep. I highly discourage the use of MLM products.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

I have seen some people that Herbalife, for one reason or another, simply didn't agree with. And that's ok. If it doesn't work for you try something else-simple. But there's no reason to bad mouth a product that has proven results.

For me, it's not just about using Herbalife for reduced calorie intake, it's also about feeling better as a result of good nutrition. It's also about not being hungry all day and binging in the evening because I'm starving. It's also about having more energy than I otherwise would due to such a low calorie intake.

The reason people "bad mouth" it is because it creates a calorie deficit that any human can achieve with real, chewable, tummy-filling food. There is nothing nutrient worthy about Herbalife. It's not even a great source of protein. Take a multivitamin, eat at a calorie deficit, and you will get the same results but without having to drink 2 shakes a day that taste like pure garbage in powder form.