Why Skinny-Fat people are generally ignored???

Options

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Your feelings are valid and don't let anyone sway you different. I too may not need to lose as much as someone else but where I feel good, comfortable and all around healthy is my choice and not anyone else's.

I do urge you to start this journey on a positive note and share some of your NSV's, the people here are great and would love to stand up and cheer with you.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    You fine. Accept yourself.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat people are not ignored, you just aren't being told what you seem to want to hear. If you are skinny fat, as in are at a healthy weight for your height but have a high body fat percentage, focusing on the number on the scale isn't the right way to go. Your goal is less about losing weight and more about body composition, in which you reduce your body fat while retaining your lean muscle.

In order to do that, you need to eat at a slight deficit, about 0.5 lb loss per week, so that you will be losing fat and not muscle. Lift heavy weights, do a little bit of cardio, eat lots of protein to feed your muscles. You probably won't see much movement on the scale, but your measurements will shrink and you will be smaller and tighter.

ETA: You can see changes within four weeks, but you are not going to see a massive overhaul in that time. The process takes time, but it's worth it to get the body you want.

This wins the thread. No need for other answers.
  • ladybird89
    ladybird89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    25 yr old skinny fat girl here. I've seen a significant improvement in the last week that I've been using MFP. Even though I stay within the calorie limitations, I feel like I'm eating just as much (if not more) than I used to because I'm no longer trying to starve myself. I exercise every day, alternating between stair master, elliptical, and bicycle for cardio, and then lift weights. If you use machines for cardio, the key is to put the resistance on HIGH so that you start building muscle. Squats, leg lifts, etc to tone up your bottom half and push ups/weight lifting to tone arms. I've lost about two pounds on the scale and can already see improvements in my muscle tone. In only one week.

The one "benefit" of being this body type is that you don't have much weight to lose, so you will see results very quickly. Stop worrying about what other people think and start focusing on your health.

Getting in shape is not some odd mystery that needs to be unlocked. You know exactly what you have to do, it's just a matter of doing it. Cut down on sugar, empty carbohydrates, and alcohol. Make sure you are eating enough protein. Exercise regularly. Do RESISTANCE TRAINING. You will get in shape.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Skinny fat people are not ignored, you just aren't being told what you seem to want to hear. If you are skinny fat, as in are at a healthy weight for your height but have a high body fat percentage, focusing on the number on the scale isn't the right way to go. Your goal is less about losing weight and more about body composition, in which you reduce your body fat while retaining your lean muscle.

In order to do that, you need to eat at a slight deficit, about 0.5 lb loss per week, so that you will be losing fat and not muscle. Lift heavy weights, do a little bit of cardio, eat lots of protein to feed your muscles. You probably won't see much movement on the scale, but your measurements will shrink and you will be smaller and tighter.

ETA: You can see changes within four weeks, but you are not going to see a massive overhaul in that time. The process takes time, but it's worth it to get the body you want.

^^^^^ THIS
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    You fine. Accept yourself.

And to this I must shout a resounding hell no! I didn't spend years getting down from a high of 245 pounds just so I could slouch around in mom jeans getting mistaken for six months pregnant.

Besides, if the online measurement calculators are anywhere near correct, I'm carrying an unhealthy amount of body fat even though I'm in the normal weight range. And it's all hanging around my bad lower back, which for sure isn't doing my spine any good.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Everyone has different perception of ''perfect''.

Where I am asking, I have wrote I want to have body like a MODEL??? Some of you are just so rude its unbelievable!
    For me perfect body-means get rid of the bulks on my hips -so lose 4inches! Thats all I need.

I do appreciate some advises but again- i have proved my point- some of you just came here with your no needed opinion!

Your perception of "perfect" may be a bit off, considering you have stated "I do really hate myself" earlier today.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Where I am asking, I have wrote I want to have body like a MODEL??? Some of you are just so rude its unbelievable!
    For me perfect body-means get rid of the bulks on my hips -so lose 4inches! Thats all I need.
    4" off your hips when not overweight is probably another unicorn dream. I wish you luck, though. Here's a flower for my rudeness. :flowerforyou:
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Options
    Also when I say- I am being either ignored or laughed at- i am not saying I am relying only on people's opinion. I meant- where I am looking for advises-tips- asking people on how to keep fit-lose weight-thats where I am either being ignored or laughed at- then people instead of actually tell me what to do they not- they would rather share they no needed opinion of what they think of my body or share they opinion of WHAT THEY /... I think!!! It's ridiculous- Read back! pretty amazing example here!

Again, I am not a teenager trying to fit into model size 0 swimsuit! I am trying to get rid of my bulks. I dont care if size 6-8-10 nas long as I have perfect shaped body again my perfections means no excess fat thats all!! Guys stop putting word into my mouths of making us looking ridiculous!

I am 30 year old professional woman trying to look normal- trying to lose weight-(again-call it tone up, shaped etc. i dont care i am using common words like lose weight- because i do need to slim down! instead getting advises I am constantly being told off!!! seriously???

There are few really amazing people in this forum and received few really great advises-Thanks!! haters- people who came here to make themself look-feel better- back off- i am ignoring you! this post is just to prove the point!
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Options
    4" off your hips when not overweight is probably another unicorn dream. I wish you luck, though. Here's a flower for my rudeness. :flowerforyou:

why??? I can't lose 4inches?? have you seen my pictures?? can you no see the fat sticking out??? 2yrs ago I was 4inches down... why I can't lose that?? is that you trying to be smart-*kitten* or its impossible/??I have seen people going from my shape into muscular and toning down 6inches so please explain...
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    kettlebells, seriously, full body cardio and weight work outs. really really helps tone.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Also when I say- I am being either ignored or laughed at- i am not saying I am relying only on people's opinion. I meant- where I am looking for advises-tips- asking people on how to keep fit-lose weight-thats where I am either being ignored or laughed at- then people instead of actually tell me what to do they not- they would rather share they no needed opinion of what they think of my body or share they opinion of WHAT THEY /... I think!!! It's ridiculous- Read back! pretty amazing example here!

Again, I am not a teenager trying to fit into model size 0 swimsuit! I am trying to get rid of my bulks. I dont care if size 6-8-10 nas long as I have perfect shaped body again my perfections means no excess fat thats all!! Guys stop putting word into my mouths of making us looking ridiculous!

I am 30 year old professional woman trying to look normal- trying to lose weight-(again-call it tone up, shaped etc. i dont care i am using common words like lose weight- because i do need to slim down! instead getting advises I am constantly being told off!!! seriously???

There are few really amazing people in this forum and received few really great advises-Thanks!! haters- people who came here to make themself look-feel better- back off- i am ignoring you! this post is just to prove the point!

tumblr_m74n6ncXQ61rn95k2o1_500.gif
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

why??? I can't lose 4inches?? have you seen my pictures?? can you no see the fat sticking out??? 2yrs ago I was 4inches down... why I can't lose that?? is that you trying to be smart-*kitten* or its impossible/??I have seen people going from my shape into muscular and toning down 6inches so please explain...
    I think you need more like 6 inches off instead of 4.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

You have plenty of good advice on here.
    Follow it.

Rather than getting all uppity and upset you aren't getting the answers you want.

ALSO YOUR FOOD DIARY IS CLOSED. *shrug*
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    2yrs ago I was 4inches down... why I can't lose that?? is that you trying to be smart-*kitten* or its impossible/??I have seen people going from my shape into muscular and toning down 6inches so please explain...
    Open your food diary.

Post your exercise routine.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Have you spent much time in the Fitness and Exercise section? It's the body builders who really shine when it comes to transforming their outward appearance. As well as being able to bench press an average size pony, of course. Several of them hang out in Food and Nutrition, too. They're the ones posting photos of 4000 calorie pre-workout snacks.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

20131028233230!IS_YOU_OKAY.gif
  • jamiepetersen101
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand what a skinny-fat person is, usually a person is classified as skinny, thin, average, fat, ect. Is a skinny-fat person like an average person? Just a little confused on what you mean. Anyway, I think that people of all sizes should learn to love themselves for who they are inside. If someone is not happy with the outside, then they should take steps in changing their body. Losing weight should be fun, not depressing. If people are judging you based on your weight, ignore them. They are not worth your time. You want to be around people who love you for YOU: fat or thin, the size doesn't matter.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    in to read all the reactions to the subject...
    So I just want thinner thights and no muffin top when wearing skinny pants...
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    in to read all the reactions to the subject...
    So I just want thinner thights and no muffin top when wearing skinny pants...

Nobody wants to hear this.
    But if you wear the right size, you don't have muffin tops.