• loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    awesome story!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    2 year update??

Actually . . . It'd be a 4 year update. (almost)

I dropped down to as low as 195 and was in great shape, but I kinda freaked out about being under 200 lbs. I'm a big guy. I liked being a big guy. I liked being strong and being seen as strong too. It was totally a mental issue on my part and so I decided to bulk.

I started lifting heavy, doing stronglifts 5x5 and eventually Wendler's 5/3/1. I've added 100 lbs to my bench and 150 pounds to my squat and deadlift. I feel strong. But I also used that mentality to justify crappy eating. "It's ok to have this candy bar, I need the energy for my lifting." And now I feel strong again, but also too fat at 250 lbs. And so I start again. Watching what I eat a bit better and not justifying things I know don't fit in my macros because I'm lifting.

Life, like weight loss, has it's ups and downs, and the only thing you have to do to win, is rise each time you fall. Well, consider me risen, and as I dust myself off I know I'm going to meet my goals simply because if I haven't met them, I'm not done yet.

In other fantastic news . . . I met my wife on here. (Fiance currently, but in 9 days Wife!!) She's lost over 100 lbs using MFP too and we are deliriously happily in love! She's an amazing woman that supports me in everything, for which I'm eternally grateful. :-) She is and always will be my Principessa.
  • anewstart1011
    anewstart1011 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Your story is what I needed.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    inspiring
  • bgumby
    bgumby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow! just what i needed to hear! thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!