Not a good start to this website.

Options
Well, I've just joined up to lose weight. And had someone send me a friend request. And then insulted me. I didn't come onto this website to be mocked by morons. I really hope this isn't a frequent thing, if it is, I'm getting rid of my account and will do it on my own.

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    People suck! Don't let one jack-hole get you down! There are a lot of wonderful people on here who offer encouragement and support. Forget the ignorant ones! Good luck to you! You can do it!!
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    To be honest I've never seen anyone on this site that isn't motivating or nice, much less insulting. You landed on a random idiot I would say lol

Anyway don't let that experience ruin it for you there are a lot of good people here who are willing to help and are supportive. I can personally say that coming here has helped me stay on track.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    That is ridiculous! I've never had that happen, and haven't heard of it, so I'm going to assume it's a rare occurance. Don't let it get you down! I've found many great people on here that are willing to hold me accountable and keep me in line. Stick it out, I really think you'll enjoy it. Friend me if you'd like! (I promise I don't insult!)
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No no...stay!!! We want you here. I'm sorry for whatever that person said to you. Honestly...you're going to love this site...it's really helpful and most people are SUPER nice!!! Hang in there!! :smile:
  • MissKaylaDawn
    Options
    This is not frequent here at all. I wouldn't be able to do it without the support of my MFP friends, and I've never had anyone insult me or any thing else of the sort. Most everyone is really sweet and supportive, I hope you find those friends too, cuz I know what MFP has done for me!

Kayla
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    don't let an idiot put u off, stick with it ;-)
  • Jpackwood213
    Jpackwood213 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to say the person that did that was the MORON!!! I have been on here a few months and have had the people on here be super helpful. For the most part everyone is on here to make a healthy change. Please do not let someone like that discourage you!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Sorry you had that experience. I've been here a couple of weeks and haven't run into that myself. Unfortunately there are nasty people everywhere who try to elevate themselves by stomping on others. Report them to the site admin, and block them from future contact with you. Don't let miserable people get in the way of what you want for yourself!
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    ugh, I'm sorry to hear that.

From my experience, this place is incredibly supportive and full of helpful and friendly people. Don't let one jerk take that away from you.

Welcome! And I hope you stick around long enough to get a taste of what this place is really about :-)

Add me as a friend!

Amy
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    How awful!!!!! I joined up a couple of weeks ago and have "Meet" the most warm, supportive group. Don't let that one moron ruin this for you! This is an awesome site and will really help! feel free to friend me if you like :smile: Good luck to you what ever you decide.
  • mommyfirst77
    Options
    That is awful~ I am sorry you had to deal with that! I have not had any of that in the past 24 hours I have been on LOL!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    People are ridiculous. Just like the real world unfortunately there are all different types of people with different motivations and reasons for being here. Anyway, my advice to you- anyone who responds to this like all of the people before me are probably here for the right reasons and want to be supportive- friend request us and dont be afraid to accept requests going forward. Not all like the.
  • AJs_mom
    AJs_mom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear. Some people are idiots!
    This is a great site. If you aren't interested in the "community/friends" aspect anymore, then at least still try it out for the calorie calculating (food and exercise). I have found it really helpful. You could still browse the forums for motivation, and not necessarily add anyone as a friend. I have found that there are decent people here, and if they are truly genuine you can tell. Those are the people to look for as friends.
    Don't let one sour grape spoil the whole bunch. Good luck!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    To be honest I've never seen anyone on this site that isn't motivating or nice, much less insulting. You landed on a random idiot I would say lol

Anyway don't let that experience ruin it for you there are a lot of good people here who are willing to help and are supportive. I can personally say that coming here has helped me stay on track.

Ditto! Welcome!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I've only been here a few weeks, but I have not come across anyone like that. Everyone I have met here has been really nice, helpful, and supportive. That's horrible that someone did that to you. I'm sorry you experienced that. I agree with the others, though, it's probably a very rare occurance here!!
  • LesleyMobey
    Options
    if someone knocked you down then they are not feeling good about themselves so to make themselves feel better they have to make fun of others so it can happen but just ignore them cuz you came on here for a reason....to change ur life some how
    im proud of you just like im proud myself
  • Jacquie1972
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind posts. I was just taken aback! I'm not sure how to add people or do stuff as I'm still learning how to use the website, but feel free to add me if you like! I have a LOT of weight I need to shift. And I need to shift a few pounds before the end of the year because I have to have my gall bladder out and the surgeons would like me to get down to a safe weight to do it. But I also just want to shed the excess luggage as it's causing me untold problems and I would love to see my little old self again! Again, thank you for your kind messages, it's most appreciated, as my self confidence is at an absolute low right now anyway.
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    I am truely sorry that you were insulted. I know for a fact that people on MFP are on this site to be supportive rather than to shoot someone down...........Some (and I do mean SOME) MFPs like to shoot from the hips & do not sugar coat anything. And they do it with all respect and I give them credit for their positive feed back......STAY....don't let one bad apple in the barrel spoil it for you and others........... fzyfrog; it's not that people suck, it's the *kitten* who SUCK..........right?................
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Stay...don't go. We'll help you reach your goal. We need you here to help us along our journey too. Forget the IDIOT and focus on what your here for. A new beginning...a new you 
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've only heard of a couple times like this, did you block this person? they will not be able to see your profile, comments or send any more nasty comments. best of luck to you! you can add me as a friend if you like.