Dumbest comment I get told everyday about working out is...

Options

Replies

• LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    IKR!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    " I should go running with you sometime, I need to loose a few pounds too!" says the skinny girl.... ARGH!

"Where do you find the motivation to go running on your lunch break? I could never do that!" Well, you see this belly pouch and those flabby tighs? Yes? Then why do you ask???
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing a relaxing hour on the recumbent bike while watching TV or reading a book/magazine. I do this strictly for enjoyment after my regular workout. I was approached by a total stranger who said I wouldn't lose any weight if I didn't increase my intensity. He then offered his personal training services. I was dumbfounded.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I was just told that I shouldn't be doing deadlifts and that I need to work up to them by doing high rep low weight exercises. That I will only lose body fat when I do the high rep low weight exercises.
  • ChinoHDT
    ChinoHDT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "All you ever do is eat and eat.. you'll get fat" ...

Yeah i eat clean food to fuel my body so I don't get craving and snack on crap ! that's why I look the way I look and your there with your tripple chins

" Be bothered doing all that weight stuff, go enjoy yourself and have a life"
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My MIL is slowly learning that criticising my weight (either too high, too low, or coming off too fast) is a no-go area, so instead she tells my husband he's losing too much weight, every time we see her. He's 6'3ish and 196lbs, so absolutely fine, but more to the point, he has been that weight or slightly lower for the past few years.

Sounds like you are killing her slowly.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to (insert type of exercise here)? Because I want to be able to be here for my grandchildren, not have my feet amputated, not go blind, etc. Why would you want to just sit on yourfat *kitten*?

Girls shouldn't __________. Oh really?

We men don't like girls who have so much muscle. Yeah? Mine does, and since I'm not trying to get you I'm not interested in being your type, go chase a cardio bunny!

After you do all that how do you have any energy for real life? I have more energy wheni work out, not less, and considering the state of your house maybe you should try it.

And I loathe food police and people who try to push every fad diet on me. I used to wear a 24 and I now wear an 8. I don't need your help, thanks.
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Not really about working out but more diet related:

"You gotta ask yourself about all those carbs" ~ my (overweight) dad as I reached for a hot dog bun on the Fourth.

"Clearly, I'm doing it wrong, Dad"

HAHA I had someone over weight take the bread basket away from me and tell me I had an eating disorder (as in I was eating the bread)

Oh my gosh I think I would cut their hand off and continue to happily eat my bread...
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My company sells a T shirt with this slogan:

You Wonder Why I Do... I Wonder Why You Don't

with a pic of Wonder Woman lifting a barbell

Love this shirt!
  • bazarn
    bazarn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Honestly I am really sick of being asked "how did you do it?"
    Like...HOW DO YOU THINK???
    I'm so close to saying, matter of factly, "Uppers." LOL
  • RayLeen19
    RayLeen19 Posts: 106
    Options
    "Your going to make yourself sick." Some people say to me after I've finished running.

"No," I'd like to tell them, "I'll make myself sick by just sitting on the couch not doing anything about my health like all the rest of you are! " but I don't.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't lift... You will get bulky... ????

You are insane... You ran how many miles????

( just a couple I hear frequently)
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Told to me by a PT :"You don't want to be doing too many heavy weights, you have the build of a wrestler." Yeah cos every woman wants to hear that Thanks bro, I will keep lifting heavy.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Keep going, don't stop ( this is said to me daily)

I am! In fact I havent stopped for 6 months and ive lost 7 kilos all off my own steam, this comment comes from a person who never sticks to their plans and gives up it's like they are telling themselves by telling me mabey they think i am working out for the two of us. The fact is im not a quitter I never have been, if I make a plan come hell or high water i get it done! It's like preaching to the choir telling me to keep going.

You don't need that nutrition book your already thin enough ( says the book seller) Then I said, funny you should say that because 5 months ago I was alot heavier and its only through healthy eating and exercise i am the way I am now. Then the book seller attempts to make it better by giving me all her lame excuses for never working out.

Its ok to have some fat on you, after all you are a mom now.

Throat punch lol before I was a mom I was a model i dont like the feeling of my fat flowing in the wind bouncing around my *kitten* being bigger than the toilet seat, its just not my thing, i like the feeling of being lean, im not trying to impress im doing it for me and what i deem as acceptable for my own body.

You don't need muscles, you look fine how you are

I WANT muscles I want to look in the mirror and see those abs winking at me not my rolls that belong on the bakery beggin me to feed them. Its not about need or keeping up with the who ever's its about what I want for ME not about anyone else. It amazes me how others think your weight loss and journey is all about them and somehow its a reflection upon them, its not its all about me me me lol its my body i have to live in it and i want to make sure this shell is the best darn shell it can be!
  • the_summer_belle
    Options
    Oh I just remembered a few more;

Your working out on a Saturday ARE YOU NUTS DONT YOU HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE?

Yes I am completely insane i love my body and value my health i am willing to give up and WHOLE hour on a Saturday to achieve my dreams.

Your crazy I wwouldnt call burning 1k cals fun not on a Sunday not on anyday!

Really? Is that why you are still overweight even after many trips to the plastic surgon for lipo. News flash honey lipo only works if you keep to a healthy diet and ... wait for it.... EXCERSISE! Or the fat will come back as it has many times.

I may be crazy in their eyes but you cant deny that putting in the extra time is paying off. I feel great, I look great and at the end of the day my migraines are gone my back hurts waaaay less and i have tons and TONS of energy i dont wake up in the morning feeling like a freight train just ran over my head I wake up with pep thinking hmmm which workout today i cant wait till dinner its stirfry with vegies i have found a love for food in a good healthy way and a love for excersie and a love for life in general no plastic surgeon can give you that, only hard work and dedication will give you that!
  • bloodofareptile
    bloodofareptile Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My mother told me I needed to stop lifting weights or my uterus would fall out. Yes, really.

My favorite thing people say regularly is "but what do you eat?" and I'm like "food. All of it." I think they are expecting me to say "celery and watermelon rinds".
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Q: How did you lose the weight?

A: I've been eating less/healthier and started exercising.

And then you get this baffled blank look.
  • the_summer_belle
    Options
    That is hilarious!
    My mother told me I needed to stop lifting weights or my uterus would fall out. Yes, really.

My favorite thing people say regularly is "but what do you eat?" and I'm like "food. All of it." I think they are expecting me to say "celery and watermelon rinds".
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My company sells a T shirt with this slogan:

You Wonder Why I Do... I Wonder Why You Don't

with a pic of Wonder Woman lifting a barbell

Love this shirt!

I want one!