I HATE SALAD!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    alyssavegad_big.jpg

Now if you're into dating Rabbits....you'll be a REAL HIT!:love:
    Hmm, gives new meaning to the phrase "tossing the salad"............

OHHHHHH SNAP! Did I say that out loud??? :wink: :embarassed: :laugh:

{giggles} yes you did girl...yes you did!:laugh:

Very clever all of you!

You know, I really love this dress...I think it is just gorgeous!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    alyssavegad_big.jpg

Now if you're into dating Rabbits....you'll be a REAL HIT!:love:
    Hmm, gives new meaning to the phrase "tossing the salad"............

OHHHHHH SNAP! Did I say that out loud??? :wink: :embarassed: :laugh:

{giggles} yes you did girl...yes you did!:laugh:

Very clever all of you!

You know, I really love this dress...I think it is just gorgeous!

I bet that your DH or Bf would just eat eat it up!! :laugh: :tongue:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay I am eating salad again today ....BUT.....its amazing! its a calamari salad, the calamari rings are dipped in very lightly in that flaky batter and its over over field greens, plum tomatoes and hot cherry peppers...w/ the most amazing balsamic dressing....O MAN is this GOOD! I am sure its more calorie wise but since I ate nada last night while dealing w/ my sick child....I don't care! lol....

Hugs and mm wish I could share it w/ you....I can only eat the rings....so you can have all the tentacles:bigsmile: hahaha ick!

:tongue: Ali
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a salad too! The soba noodle salad from Trader Joes!! My newest Trader Joes addiction!!! :laugh:

It is SO good. Soba noodles, napa cabbage, bell peppers, carrots, cilantro and mint with a hoisin sauce (tastes like an asian sesame dressing) and a mango salsa thing for the top!! SO tasty and the entire salad is 220 cals and 3 g fat and only 230 mg of sodium. Oh, there are 2 g fiber and 7 g protein. :)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    just a note on salads..

lettuce acts as a natural sedative, it has a calming effect on the body, which is why most people that have salads for lunch also drag a bit after lunch. Salads are best eaten before bed if you are going to include lettuce in the mix.

Dieting doesn't have to equal tons of rabbit food, just better choices when deciding what to eat, yes I know you all know that.

Anyway, if you are looking for light lunch ideas there are so many options. One of my favorites is a garbanzo bean and tomato salad with a yogurt dressing. You can add it to anything or you can eat it with baked flat bread or lavosh with a bit of low fat feta cheese melted on it....mmmm.

I will have to post the recipe later, it is at home. :wink:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them. Always adding something different.
    I'll add...
    chicken, cranberries, gorgonzola, walnuts, shredded mexican cheese, refried beans, black beans, salsa, avocado, multigrain tostitoes (for crunch), egg whites and so much more.
    I can't just have lettuce, tomatoes, cukes and dressing. Too boring for me!
  • lesszmore
    Options
    oh u can never have too many taco salads! :tongue: But i do get tired of salad, and that's when i just have some chick and veggies for lunch instead ( usually leftovers from the night before)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I don't even touch iceberg lettuce anymore

The only salads I eat now are spinach salads with you know the usual toppings........

Don't see a point to eating the iceberg isn't it just water and rarely nutritious??

But I agree with you ALi it gets soooo OLD
  • bb4238a
    bb4238a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Frozen corn and peas! Sounds weird, I know, but the texture is awesome and it keeps it fresh and interesting...I also like to add avocado or fresh mozarella for something creamy
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Bump!

Just had to laugh!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Salad~

bloody_mary_narrowweb__300x449,0.jpg

th_thYES.gif

Now I'm craving a salad. :frown: :grumble:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    add chicken or turkey to your salad. tastes better.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    glad you bumped, missed it the first time somehow
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Ok......being that I've been here since Sept last year...this may be a dumb question....:bigsmile: .....but you should all be used to that coming from me :laugh: How do you find such OLD posts?:ohwell:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    glad you bumped, missed it the first time somehow
    Your welcome Mattie! Good times!! :wink: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Ok......being that I've been here since Sept last year...this may be a dumb question....:bigsmile: .....but you should all be used to that coming from me :laugh: How do you find such OLD posts?:ohwell:
    Just do a search! I just put "Salad Ali" in the search and found this one! hahaha!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Just do a search! I just put "Salad Ali" in the search and found this one! hahaha!

handface.gif DUH :laugh:

Pssssssst....Alot comes up under Salad Ali.....no wonder she was sick of salad :laugh:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Skip the salad, have roasted veggies instead!

I take whatever I have and chop:

brocolli
    cauliflower
    peppers
    zucchini
    potatoes, sweet are the best
    mushrooms
    cabbage
    garlic

Put in big bowl with either garlic salt, Mrs. dash, or whatever you like, add 2 T. of water, cover and shake to coat. Spray 13x9 pan, or cookie sheet w/ sides with pam, add veggies, spray with pam and cook at 425-450 for 20-30 minutes, if no root veggies (carrots, potatoes) you do about 20, with you do 30, stir every 10-15 min.

If you want this to include meat, cut up chicken, fish, use ground turkey and add that for the last 15-20 minutes or so, to cook through, so good!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options

handface.gif DUH :laugh:

Pssssssst....Alot comes up under Salad Ali.....no wonder she was sick of salad :laugh:
    True Dat!!! :laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Me too. I hate making them (not sure why) hate eating them, unless they are caesar and filled with grilled shrimp.