Chocolate

Options
Do people eat choc during dieting? I just had four mini bountys and although it was in my cal limit I still feel like I shud layoff it?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I love my chocolate. I have it as long as it fits.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Assuming your getting a balanced diet and staying in your calorie limit. Go for it. Weight loss is about calorie deficit. Balancing nutrient intake for health. I routinely eat a bowl of ice cream every night and lost 53 lbs ;P I find not depriving myself and teaching must moderation really helped make it sustainable.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I still eat my chocolate and other treats. As long as I work them into my calorie and nutrition goals I don't see a problem. Besides, dark chocolate is a good source of iron.
  • jeneveg
    jeneveg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating a 25g bar of dark, mint chocolate-mmmmm. I probably have something similar 3-4 times a week within my cals. It stops me feeling deprived and as it's so rich a small bar takes about 20 mins to eat and feels really decadent :smile:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    As long as you're not over your calorie limit, why not! Chocolate is awesome
  • YallaEsma1
    YallaEsma1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My new discovery: Mega M&Ms. 15 pieces (milk chocolate variety) is just 200 calories. They are big enough that you can eat them one at a time, versus regular sized M&Ms where you shove down a handful at once...
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    As long as you are within your daily goal - you eat allll that chocolate :bigsmile:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Do people eat choc during dieting? I just had four mini bountys and although it was in my cal limit I still feel like I shud layoff it?

I eat dark chocolate because it supports my iron needs.
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I personally believe that the only reason a person might want to lay off chocolate would be if chocolate were something that "triggered" that person into getting out of control with their calories. For some people, such as myself, chocolate is a food that turns me into a she-beast, lol... I just cannot control myself once it touches my lips. It just makes me want more, more, more and I won't stop until I've binged my way into a state of bloated guilt. But put french fries, fried chicken, or pizza in front of me and I'll happily eat one serving and not think about it again. It's just the sweet treats that send me over the edge. I've learned that abstaining from these foods keeps me sane and on track. But if you don't have this type of problem, then I agree with everyone else here in saying feel absolute freedom to enjoy it in moderation, as long as it fits into your caloric goals! :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Don't forget it's delicious.

I recently discovered chili pepper dark chocolate. .. I'm not quite sure how...but it's freaking delicious
  • MindainVA83
    MindainVA83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate every day. It's the one that I tried to get away from, but decided I just couldn't. I make sure it fits in my calorie count, and so far, I've lost 101 lbs..soooo I'd say if it fits, enjoy!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I gave up my Hershey Kisses (HUGE weakness!) at the beginning of this. Two months later I had a couple and they tasted terrible to me. Now if I need a chocolate fix I have some Ghirardelli squares
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

I recently discovered chili pepper dark chocolate. .. I'm not quite sure how...but it's freaking delicious

Chili + chocolate is awesome!

But, no. I take it supplementally. I sort of lean back and try not to think how good it tastes. Because it wouldn't be a diet if it tasted good, would it?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Almost every day. Had 5 chocolates today. :drinker:
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I don't consider it "dieting". This is forever. Yes, I eat chocolate if I want it and it fits in my macros for the day.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

But, no. I take it supplementally. I sort of lean back and try not to think how good it tastes. Because it wouldn't be a diet if it tasted good, would it?

Hmmm... true.

I, uh, am eating tiramisu gelato tonight for the...calcium
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Hmmm... true.

I, uh, am eating tiramisu gelato tonight for the...calcium

I'll bring the Oreo's - you know to use as spoons.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'll eat dark chocolate in moderation. Eating milk chocolate feels like wasted calories to me and white chocolate is an abomination unto the Lord and we shall not speak its name again.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I'll eat dark chocolate in moderation. Eating milk chocolate feels like wasted calories to me and white chocolate is an abomination unto the Lord and we shall not speak its name again.

Well if you ever have this so called abomination unto the lord (name not spoken) send it my way for disposal. I'll eat.. er ah make sure it never surfaces again.