herbalife

Options
124»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    My folks were distributors years ago and we all had their products. Some good ones, others...meh. Overall there is nothing magical about it.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    There's a world of difference between, "I like this peanut butter better" and "this product makes false claims." You can pretend to ignore that all you'd like. Doesn't change the fact.

Not all products are equal, it's not up to everyone's personal preference.

Would you buy a chair with 4 legs or just one one on the corner that always falls over?

At the end of the day, if I like my shakes to be of the Herbalife variety rather than Body by Vi or Shakeology or whatever else, the actual product itself is neither here nor there. It IS my personal preference and quite frankly, none of your business. I shared with OP that I like the product, but that educating oneself on nutrition is important. I have the RIGHT to like the shakes, whether you think they are 1 legged chair or not. The end.

As far as Herbalife as a company, all I said was that it shouldn't be classified as a "scam" because at the end of the day it's a business - it manufactures a product which it trades to consumers for money. I never claimed that Herbalife salespeople had morals or that the high pressure sales approach was right. Do "independant distributors" and "wellness coaches" prey on the fat and ignorant? Sure. Are their claims of "I make so much money" and "I'm so healthy now, the shakes cured my cancer" a load of bull****? Absolutely. I could list a hundred other companies whose sales people use the same techniques, and who also prey on the ignorant. It's not a scam to sell something to someone. Morally, not the highest road to take, but not a SCAM.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    seems to be a bit of butthurt in this thread lol

Don't waste your money OP
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

As far as Herbalife as a company, all I said was that it shouldn't be classified as a "scam" because at the end of the day it's a business - it manufactures a product which it trades to consumers for money. I never claimed that Herbalife salespeople had morals or that the high pressure sales approach was right. Do "independant distributors" and "wellness coaches" prey on the fat and ignorant? Sure. Are their claims of "I make so much money" and "I'm so healthy now, the shakes cured my cancer" a load of bull****? Absolutely. I could list a hundred other companies whose sales people use the same techniques, and who also prey on the ignorant. It's not a scam to sell something to someone. Morally, not the highest road to take, but not a SCAM.

You also haven't answered me here either. Would like your thoughts.
    Your "magic" shakes, which enhance weight loss/lower blood pressure/clear up skin/fight cancer are nothing special, and the claims made are nothing more than a sales pitch.

I absolutely agree.

So how exactly do you think that selling a product based on false pretenses and lies doesn't equal "scam"?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I have tried and i lost 30 poinds and - 24 cm in 6 weeks! Here is a result in 4 weeks.

2rh34hf.png

Cheers

That's BS. You didn't go from the left to the right in 4 weeks.
    +1.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I tend to doubt the intelligence level of people who drop out of high school. If that makes me judgmental, so be it. Guess you can lump me in with most every employer, ever.

My employer wasn't judgemental, thankfully.
    Now, thirty years down the road, I'm collecting a nice, fat pension.

Here's a flower for you. :flowerforyou:

Good for you. Sincerely.

Dropping out of 9th grade is still something I'm gonna put down in the "not wise decisions" column. As I'm sure you do too. I smoke. I really hope my daughter never starts. I'm willing to bet you didn't/hypothetically wouldn't tell your kids it's ok to drop out of school.

30 years ago is one thing...I'm thinking today it might be a different story. Just depends.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

You can rub it on your nipples, put a wig on, and sing Proud Mary if you want to.

I like this.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    There's a world of difference between, "I like this peanut butter better" and "this product makes false claims." You can pretend to ignore that all you'd like. Doesn't change the fact.

Not all products are equal, it's not up to everyone's personal preference.

Would you buy a chair with 4 legs or just one one on the corner that always falls over?

At the end of the day, if I like my shakes to be of the Herbalife variety rather than Body by Vi or Shakeology or whatever else, the actual product itself is neither here nor there. It IS my personal preference and quite frankly, none of your business. I shared with OP that I like the product, but that educating oneself on nutrition is important. I have the RIGHT to like the shakes, whether you think they are 1 legged chair or not. The end.

You can do what you like, no one ever disputed that. The big thing is that it is a scam. You came in here saying it's not and challenging that yet haven't proven how a company that has been challenged by the FDA because of the FALSE claims it makes towards a persons health isn't a scam. If it's not a scam, prove it.

If you sell something promising it'll do things it won't, knowing FULL WELL that it WON'T do those things, it's a scam.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My parents sold herbalife years ago, I've seen a lot of people drop lbs using it, I've seen a lot of them gain all the weight back, and some that maintained their weight loss after. It's different for everyone. I still have a shake now and then when I don't have time to cook or pack a lunch for work. I use it because if I don't have time, I just won't eat, I don't get hungry when I'm busy, or I just don't notice, it's a bad habit of mine, so herbalife is better for me than no food. I chose herbalife because I mix my shakes with water instead of milk and I like the taste more than other meal replacement shakes I've tried.

I'm not real sure why you would use it to maintain your weight though.... I mean if you are at your goal shouldn't you be looking for something that will help you maintain for life, do you really want to be drinking your meals forever?

Is herbalife a scam? I really don't care. I buy mine from amazon, does that make it better? Either way, I'm in for the extra calories and the ablitly to stomach it.

Is having knowledge of nutrition better? Of course!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I tried it.

Lost 14lbs in the first month when I don't weigh that much to begin with.
    Gained everything right back when I started craving real food.
    Now I have about 13 opened canisters in my closet that I can't return :grumble:

It's not worth it. Just eat real food at a deficit and you'll lose weight. Eat food at your maintenance calories, and you'll maintain your weight. Eat food at a surplus to gain weight. You don't need to drink shakes to reach any of these goals. Save your money.

Did the wellness coach, from who u bought the food, made you a program what to eat?

I eat 5 times a day, and it is not only shakes. My food includes, meat, vegetables, fruit, kernels, milk products etc. I removed the junk food and soda, white sugar, white salt and products made with white flour. I have a lots of energy and better dreams with this type of food.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That does it. My all time favorite new claim. Improved dreams. That beats saying it cures cancer.

Sry mate, my English it's not ok. I wanted to say that I had problems before with falling a sleep and waking up from bed.

LOL Love the internets sometimes.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I tend to doubt the intelligence level of people who drop out of high school. If that makes me judgmental, so be it. Guess you can lump me in with most every employer, ever.

My employer wasn't judgemental, thankfully.
    Now, thirty years down the road, I'm collecting a nice, fat pension.

Here's a flower for you. :flowerforyou:

Good for you. Sincerely.

Dropping out of 9th grade is still something I'm gonna put down in the "not wise decisions" column. As I'm sure you do too. I smoke. I really hope my daughter never starts. I'm willing to bet you didn't/hypothetically wouldn't tell your kids it's ok to drop out of school.

Hmmm... I dropped out, got my BA six years later and now I'm also sitting on a fat pension working for the university.

High school was way to structured for me.

I flourished in a university environment.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    ready to throat punch babies for a chicken wing.

babies carry chicken wings?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If you judge intelligence purely on ethics, then we don't have much to discuss. Plenty of incredibly smart people have done terrible things and plenty more have gotten themselves killed through drug use.

Being passive/gentle/scrupulous doesn't make you smart either.

I agree, if you don't think dropping out of high school is a bad idea we don't have much to discuss.

This response disappoints me. I thought we were having an interesting discussion with some back and forth and then you drop this red herring instead of addressing the ideas presented. Your postings are usually far more rational.

Note: Never once did I say that dropping out of high school wasn't a bad idea. I simply said the information was unnecessary to include in that very informative blurb about the founder.
  • PattiLovingLife
    PattiLovingLife Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    High school was way to structured for me.I flourished in a university environment.

Too. I think you meant to type, "too structured for me".
  • hj1119
    Options
    So how exactly do you think that selling a product based on false pretenses and lies doesn't equal "scam"?

I am sure plenty of Herbalife reps who sell their products based on false claims. I also know Herbalife reps who sell the products without lying.

I could buy the following products from my friends with just a phone call: mary kay, avon, thirty-one, scentsy, herbalife, it works, those stupid origami necklaces, pampered chef, etc etc etc... There's some who will lie (the first women who I bought Scentsy from told me that the walmart brand wax would get stuck in the warmers - outright lie) and some who don't. It's business. I don't consider any of the corporations scams.

I don't base my opinion of a large group / organization based on the actions of a few members.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    High school was way to structured for me.I flourished in a university environment.

Strong first post and violates the TOS to boot!
  • hj1119
    Options

better products out there for less money

inferior product

Just because YOU like it doesn't mean it's a good product.

Thank you for your opinions... no I don't sell Herbalife, I just like two of their shake flavors. I also like Slimfast in cans but not powdered or bottled. I'm weird like that.

Just because YOU don't like it (which I'm guessing you decided after you tried an Herbalife shake) doesn't mean it's a bad product.
  • PattiLovingLife
    PattiLovingLife Posts: 4 Member
    Options

TOS? I'm a newb and had no idea. :wink: But, come on. It was too easy.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Still kinda funny under the circumstance.