Compliments... what have you been told?

Options
13»

Replies

• suiteblooms
    suiteblooms Posts: 100
    Options
    Those are all awesome! Just a little bump. I'd love to hear more.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    yesterday my friend saw a picture of me and messaged me "You are looking so tiny! You look amazing, like not just skinny, but actually in shape. You inspire me to workout" that was sweet as hell lol.

i was in mango at the airport this morning and this brazilian woman kept calling me skinny when i was trying on these pants lol

and I didn't notice it but one of my friends told me that as we were leaving the bar tonight a group of guys was checking me out and saying stuff like "damnn!" lol

feelin sexy! :smooched:
  • alicebell95
    alicebell95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm back and living with my family over the summer. Although my weightloss hasn't been super dramatic according to my counter (I yoyo'd between 158 and 150 without logging for a while) I've lost about a stone. I was doing some kickboxing via a Youtube video and my brother walks in on me, sees that I'm 30 minutes in, and asks if I'm wrapping up soon. I point out to him that there's still 20 minutes of the video left, so no. He looks at me flabbergasted and says

'I couldn't do that, you must be a cyborg!'

Umm...Thanks?
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've been on a roll lately. :blushing: Someone in my volunteer organization told me, "Keep doing whatever you're doing!" A woman in the same group asked me for fitness advice (and took it!), and another told me that I have great arms for my age (she didn't know I'm pretty pleased with my arms :).

The very, very best compliment, though, was when my son told he he's proud of me. :smooched:
    Next best was when one of my Krav Maga trainers told the guy I was partnered with, "You can hit harder, she's badass." :drinker: :glasses:
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have my elderly patients that cannot believe I am my age, my son has friends that thought I was his sister when I dropped him off, and I was called. "The girl with the husky eyes ".... when a patient wanted to talk to me on the phone ... Not sure if being called a type of dog feels like a compliment... Lol. And I hear that I have a ton of will power when I will turn down junk food at work....
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    From a female friend who hadn't seen me since about 60 pounds ago: (eyes wide open) OMG, you look AMAZING. (She later repeated said exclamation in the theatre).

I made a surprise appearance at a family reunion a couple weeks ago. My family hasn't seen me in two years, some even longer. I walked into my mom-mom's house, wearing shades, and she didn't recognize me. She said "Who is this handsome man walking into my house?" Lots of compliments those three days.

Two weeks ago, walking with a friend and brother from church, a middle aged woman cat calls us as we walk by. "Hey you handsome young men!" she shouts as she walks pass.

The best, of course, is my wife not being able to keep her eyes off me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of "you look great/awesome" since losing weight, which makes me feel so good! But one of my favorites is when I ran into a former coworker's teenage son and he didn't recognize me at first and then I heard through his mom that he told her (about me), "She was pretty big, but now she is like regular...she is like YOUR SIZE mom" (his mom's about size 6 and I'm still 10/12 but this was awesome LOL)
  • Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just this morning my office neighbor complimented the shirt I had on. Said it was super figure flattering and clearly showed off the nearly 50 lbs I have lost so far!!! :smile:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42lbs and I haven't received a single compliment :grumble:

They are jelly and not able to admit it. (snaps fingers three times in Z formation)
  • AdobeTree
    AdobeTree Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My Physical Therapist and her Assistant called me "Sassy" yesterday. :happy:
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I went running with my boyfriend the other day and when we were done he said, "wow, babe, you are in amazing shape!" he always compliments me but this really boosted me that day!!
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I took part in a class today at a new studio the fitness instructor told me afterwards I was "really fit".
    And also this week, the manager from my normal gym told me I was "outstanding" and he's really proud of me and all I've achieved.
    I don't take compliments well but both comments made my day.
    :blushing: