What is in your diet drink?

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I drink water, so whatever the city adds to it....

And sometimes I add coffee to it.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    IN most processed foods there's a chemical called dihydrogen monoxide, this plays a role in causing many cancers like tumours, leukaemia and malignant melanoma. It is found in acid rain, can cause severe burns, and even death if accidentally inhaled.

I agree with this. Studies have shown that 100% of people who ingest dihydrogen monoxide will die.

The studies are truth, I've known loads of people die after ingesting dihydrogen monoxide. It's pretty scary.

I'd love to see those peer reviewed studies....*holds breath*...no wait...can't do that will die waiting...

to the OP what is in my diet drink...well since it's diet coke..ice and sometimes spiced rum....

Are you disagreeing that people who drink dihydrogen monoxide will eventually experience a decline in quality of life and die?

Leaving this here for the luls.

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/10378907

I like this link

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

It has sections on how school shootings are caused by dihydrogen monoxide as well as a section on how dihydrogen monoxide can improve your marriage.

But it still does not list actual products by name where dihydrogen monoxide is an ingredient, although it says its used in baby food and in juices. Hmmm
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    didnt read any responses, but i fancy 1 part cherry coke zero to 1 part vanilla coke zero, preferably from a fountain.

ETA: i dont know whats in it....water, phosphoric acid, fake cherry, fake vanilla, bubbles.

perfection.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I drink water, so whatever the city adds to it....

And sometimes I add coffee to it.

Yeah, I drink New York tap water. It's pretty yummy.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    You want to know what's in my diet drink? Ice.

I throw some Bacardi Rum in mine sometimes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    It appears I have caused some folks to be offended which was not my intention. I am just one of those folks that looks at processed can goods carefully thats all. It would be nice to hear from a 1000 folks to see what they think.

Oh My Gawd, I seriously don't understand the snarky comments you have just received jsut for posting a list of funky stuff on the label of your drink. I didn't see anything in what you wrote that would deserve that.

Sometimes......sh%t, I just don't know what to say. Is it fun for people to do that? I just don't get it.....He was only trying to inform. He wasn't dictating or anything. :ohwell:

I mean, some of the early comments seemed downright hostile. I wrote "seemed" in case I was wrong.

So anyone who disagrees is hostile!?!? *rolling eyes* Whatevers!!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    IN most processed foods there's a chemical called dihydrogen monoxide, this plays a role in causing many cancers like tumours, leukaemia and malignant melanoma. It is found in acid rain, can cause severe burns, and even death if accidentally inhaled.

I agree with this. Studies have shown that 100% of people who ingest dihydrogen monoxide will die.

The studies are truth, I've known loads of people die after ingesting dihydrogen monoxide. It's pretty scary.

I'd love to see those peer reviewed studies....*holds breath*...no wait...can't do that will die waiting...

to the OP what is in my diet drink...well since it's diet coke..ice and sometimes spiced rum....

Are you disagreeing that people who drink dihydrogen monoxide will eventually experience a decline in quality of life and die?

100% mortality rate I hear.

OH I know that...I've seen the evidence of 100% mortality rate...

...naw I just wanted the "studies" about the cancer that was spoken about (notice I am not holding my breath on that one)

360x226px-LL-5f600f89_Not-sure-if-serious.jpeg
  • ValGogo
    Options
    You want to know what's in my diet drink? Ice.

I throw some Bacardi Rum in mine sometimes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Try some Brugal or Barcelo Anejo. It's the joint!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    It appears I have caused some folks to be offended which was not my intention. I am just one of those folks that looks at processed can goods carefully thats all. It would be nice to hear from a 1000 folks to see what they think.

Oh My Gawd, I seriously don't understand the snarky comments you have just received jsut for posting a list of funky stuff on the label of your drink. I didn't see anything in what you wrote that would deserve that.

Sometimes......sh%t, I just don't know what to say. Is it fun for people to do that? I just don't get it.....He was only trying to inform. He wasn't dictating or anything. :ohwell:

I mean, some of the early comments seemed downright hostile. I wrote "seemed" in case I was wrong.

I knew it wouldn't take long. Disagree....disagree with what? He didn't pose any agree or disagree questiions. He asked "What's in your diet drink?" Take it down a notch, Pitbull.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Stella Artois
  • Serah87
    Options
    I drink diet Pepsi, diet Coke and diet Root Beer, whichever is on sale that week I buy it and drink several cans a day, plus 10 8oz glasses of water!! Haven't died yet, plus my blood work is excellent!!! The irony of that!!! :laugh:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Meh.... I started this process with the motto "Keep it Simple Stupid" and with the exception of cutting foods out in the beginning which were my trigger foods until such a time that I could reintroduce them into my diet. Beyond that I have set Macros and a caloric intake, I get no extra credit once my nutrition goals are met so If I want some ice cream or Doritos then I won''t raise a stink of eating anything processed or whatever. Only thing I refuse to eat is that which I flat out don't like... And I won't be giving up my 2 or 3 Diet Pepsi's a day anytime soon...... :drinker:
  • Serah87
    Options

I knew it wouldn't take long. Disagree....disagree with what? He didn't pose any agree or disagree questiions. He asked "What's in your diet drink?" Take it down a notch, Pitbull.
    [/quote

Your the one who brought up that people are "hostile". You take it down a notch!! Pitbull. :wink:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

And he asked a question and insinuated that we shouldn't be drinking this stuff with this.... " If its not fresh or not from the garden,,should you be drinking this stuff..."
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    The Atkins products are popular, so this is what is really in them- can you pronounce all the words, better yet, google all the ingredients and see for yourself...

Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Sunflower Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Carrageenan, Vitamin Mineral Mix (Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Orthophosphate, D-L Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Maltodextrin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K-1 and Cyanocobalamin), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium and Sodium Ascorbate. Contains Milk and Soy.

***** If its not fresh or not from the garden,,should you be drinking this stuff....

My beef with this is the implication that if you cannot pronounce something, it must be bad for you. Really, statements such as that are simply glorifying ignorance. I have enough chemical education that I have no trouble pronouncing any of those items: does that make them safe for me? Or is it simply the fact that, given the amounts of them per drink, they are totally safe for me make them safe for me AND people who cannot pronounce them?

So lets break them down:

Water: Safe (unless you drown in it).

Milk Protein Concentrate: whey and/or casein. I use this stuff by the scoop after a workout. Totally safe. Might have minimal amounts of lactose remaining, so be careful if you are lactose intolerant.

Sunflower Oil: High in omega 9 and omega 6. You may want some omega 3 in there, but the oil by itself isn't bad.

Soy Protein Isolate: Another source of protein. Some people use this as a supplement instead of whey. Safe.

Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali): Processed with alkali doesn't mean it is going to have tons of sodium hydroxide in it, they just do that to help solubilize it. Safe.

Natural and Artificial Flavors: Could be anything from beaver butt secretions to crushed up scale insects to synthetic vanilla flavors. All GRAS, certainly at the tiny doses this drink would contain.

Cellulose Gel: sugars from plants added for mouthfeel. Safe.

Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate: All minerals your body needs. Safe

Cellulose Gum: same as cellulose gel. Not sure why they have it listed twice on the label, but still not unsafe.

Sucralose: an artificial zero calorie sweetener. GRAS as long as you do not significantly exceed 1 mg/kg/day.

Carrageenan: polysaccharides from sea weed. Safe.

Vitamin Mineral Mix (Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Orthophosphate, D-L Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Maltodextrin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K-1 and Cyanocobalamin): These are vitamins and minerals. Same as if you took a vitamin tablet (or ate them from food). Safe... required even for life. [Maltodextrin is the only exception here - added to the vitamins for bulk. Basically a polysaccharide (sugar). Still safe.]

Salt: Sodium chloride. Required nutrient. Safe as long as you don't have hypertension and, even then, there probably isn't that much in a single drink.

Acesulfame Potassium: Another GRAS artificial sweetener.

Sodium Ascorbate: Vitamin C. You telling me that's unsafe?

Do I drink this stuff? No. But there is nothing in it that is inherently unsafe, bad for you or is going to shorten your lifespan etc...
  • ValGogo
    Options
    The Atkins products are popular, so this is what is really in them- can you pronounce all the words, better yet, google all the ingredients and see for yourself...

Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Sunflower Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Carrageenan, Vitamin Mineral Mix (Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Orthophosphate, D-L Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Maltodextrin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K-1 and Cyanocobalamin), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium and Sodium Ascorbate. Contains Milk and Soy.

***** If its not fresh or not from the garden,,should you be drinking this stuff....

Hey, dude, I get what you were trying to do. We are not all looking for fights on the forum. We are not all trying to disparage everything everyone else says. Thank you for your post. Keep coming back.

:flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Stella Artois

Yeah. You know what's up.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Whateva, I do what I want.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I like this link

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

It has sections on how school shootings are caused by dihydrogen monoxide as well as a section on how dihydrogen monoxide can improve your marriage.

But it still does not list actual products by name where dihydrogen monoxide is an ingredient, although it says its used in baby food and in juices. Hmmm
    That's excellent.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    just INCASE that dude was serious about me backing up dihydrogen monoxide about being in/causing cancers.

JUST INCASE BUT GOD I HOPE YOU ARE NOT BEING SERIOUS.

dihydrogen monoxide is the chemical name of WATER, I was merely using it's chemical name (which I assume a lot of people, especially on the internet know by now) to further highlight the farce of using the chemical names of ingredients in foods to scaremonger, but please if you were not serious. nvm.

Oh and water is present inside tumours, and it is possible that cancer can be caused by drinking contaminated water ;)