What is in your diet drink?

Options
124»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The Atkins products are popular, so this is what is really in them- can you pronounce all the words, better yet, google all the ingredients and see for yourself...

Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Sunflower Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Carrageenan, Vitamin Mineral Mix (Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Orthophosphate, D-L Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Maltodextrin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K-1 and Cyanocobalamin), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium and Sodium Ascorbate. Contains Milk and Soy.

***** If its not fresh or not from the garden,,should you be drinking this stuff....

Hey, dude, regardless of all the donut holes being donut holes, I get what you were trying to do. We are not all looking for fights on the forum. We are not all trying to disparage everything everyone else says. Thank you for your post. Keep coming back.

:flowerforyou:

Who are you calling a donut hole? :huh:
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Hey, dude, regardless of all the donut holes being donut holes, I get what you were trying to do. We are not all looking for fights on the forum. We are not all trying to disparage everything everyone else says. Thank you for your post. Keep coming back.

I get what you are trying to do too. A euphemism is still an insult though.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    The Atkins products are popular, so this is what is really in them- can you pronounce all the words, better yet, google all the ingredients and see for yourself...

Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Sunflower Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Carrageenan, Vitamin Mineral Mix (Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Orthophosphate, D-L Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Maltodextrin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K-1 and Cyanocobalamin), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium and Sodium Ascorbate. Contains Milk and Soy.

***** If its not fresh or not from the garden,,should you be drinking this stuff....

We also won't all just automatically agree just because someone read an article in Woman's Day magazine and decides that it's the truth.
  • MCW3516
    MCW3516 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Drink water
  • trm68
    trm68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do love icecream and nuts and mm's and chocolate on it,,,,I am normal,,,I think,lol
  • trm68
    trm68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Drink water
    Amen on that.................
  • Mbierschbach
    Mbierschbach Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I drink diet Pepsi, diet Coke and diet Root Beer, whichever is on sale that week I buy it and drink several cans a day, plus 10 8oz glasses of water!! Haven't died yet, plus my blood work is excellent!!! The irony of that!!! :laugh:

Now this is the only lunacy in here. Drink Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi...whatever's on sale?!?! Declare your allegiance heretic! One cannot simply switch back and forth - and don't decide to be one of "those" Diet Pepsi people.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I drink diet Pepsi, diet Coke and diet Root Beer, whichever is on sale that week I buy it and drink several cans a day, plus 10 8oz glasses of water!! Haven't died yet, plus my blood work is excellent!!! The irony of that!!! :laugh:

Now this is the only lunacy in here. Drink Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi...whatever's on sale?!?! Declare your allegiance heretic! One cannot simply switch back and forth - and don't decide to be one of "those" Diet Pepsi people.

This. The only thing you're doing wrong is drinking Diet Pepsi. :sick:
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I like liquor in my diet drinks...
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    alkaline water
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't drink diet juice, I tend to stick to either water, more commonly water with a splash of squash or for a "fizzy treat" flavoured water, but I rarely buy that now and prefer cold weak squash
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

:blushing: Well.....I will drink a diet pepsi more so than a diet coke!! :devil: :laugh:
  • HappyButton
    Options
    I happen to agree with you. My whole family has been so much healthier since we went to organic food and label reading( ingredients I don't have to look up to know what it is :) ). They hardly every get sick and have really good attitudes about it. I thought it was a nice suggestion to look out for.

A lot diet foods have ingredients that are not conducive for weight loss. IE fake sugars. I hope no one takes offence to this post, it's just my thoughts.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I happen to agree with you. My whole family has been so much healthier since we went to organic food and label reading( ingredients I don't have to look up to know what it is :) ). They hardly every get sick and have really good attitudes about it. I thought it was a nice suggestion to look out for.

A lot diet foods have ingredients that are not conducive for weight loss. IE fake sugars. I hope no one takes offence to this post, it's just my thoughts.
    Health isn't just about food though. My DD hasn't been sick in bed for over 3 years, my DW for 2 years and myself for 4 years and I can promise you we don't eat organic or "clean".
    We do count calories and macros/micros, we exercise and we get plenty of rest and have low stress, which I would attribute much more to less illness than just eating organic.

And I'll disagree with the reference to artificial sweeteners. A "zero calorie" artificial sweetener isn't responsible for people gaining weight since it doesn't add calories. Nor is there scientific evidence that it actually causes cravings.
    Personally myself, I've been drinking diet soda for over 25 years and have yet to suffer from the supposed maladies that many "naturalist's" and "holistic" people claim are caused by it.
    It's been touched on by some here, but peer reviewed clinical studies help to resolve some of the "I heard it's bad for you" hearsay.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My mom is a chemist, so I can pronounce a lot of fancy things.
  • Aero1dynamic
    Aero1dynamic Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You want to know what's in my diet drink? Ice.

*giggle*