What is the best concert you' ve been to?

Options
Mine would have to be Freaker's Ball 2012.
Manson did his usual badass show, but Rob Zombie, he ROCKED that show.
It was the wildest show I've been to so far.
My girlfriend is still jealous that I was able to go. Sorry, Katie. :wink:

But I was wondering, what show have you went to where you had the time of your life?

Replies

• crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Haha Oh hush :p Glad you got to go have fun!
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    i would LOVE to see Rob Zombie, plus my husbs has a HUGE crush on Sherri Moon so i know he would want to go hoping to catch a glimpse lol

so far we have seen Type O Negative several times (before Peter Steele passed away of course) and Celtic Frost opened for them one of the times and Drain one of the other ones..... saw Cradle of Filth (they were fun), and Tool twice, Nine Inch Nails with Queens of the Stone age that opened for them, and Korn we have seen a few times as well.... Oh and Primus came a couple years ago..... Slayer once also.... I am hearing they are coming back at the of the year so i told him I wanna go again...

I LOVE concerts but I am getting picky with them lol (old age kickin in or something) and we both wore earplugs to the last two and it worked great and we could still hear just fine.
  • StretchedPiercedInked
    Options
    i would LOVE to see Rob Zombie, plus my husbs has a HUGE crush on Sherri Moon so i know he would want to go hoping to catch a glimpse lol

so far we have seen Type O Negative several times (before Peter Steele passed away of course) and Celtic Frost opened for them one of the times and Drain one of the other ones..... saw Cradle of Filth (they were fun), and Tool twice, Nine Inch Nails with Queens of the Stone age that opened for them, and Korn we have seen a few times as well.... Oh and Primus came a couple years ago..... Slayer once also.... I am hearing they are coming back at the of the year so i told him I wanna go again...

I LOVE concerts but I am getting picky with them lol (old age kickin in or something) and we both wore earplugs to the last two and it worked great and we could still hear just fine.

Sherri Moon was actually at Freaker's Ball. It was pretty sick!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Tool in 2001 during their lateralus tour.. the visual slide show they had going on was awesome..

2nd would be Radiohead in 05-06. They really put on good live shows.
  • arainiday1
    Options

Sherri Moon was actually at Freaker's Ball. It was pretty sick!

HOLY CRAP :love: :love: :love:
  • jenekaking
    jenekaking Posts: 25
    Options
    Taking Back Sunday. Amazing.
  • Monsterliana
    Monsterliana Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hmmm well i have to say the "Halloween hootenanny" where Alice Cooper opened for Rob zombie was definitely a favorite... but I've seen way too many of all different types, I can't say I have a favorite!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Rammstein in London 2012!

Or, Saturnus (metal band from Denmark), playing at an Irish pub in October last year. Then meeting the guys after the gig, and now we're all great friends :)

Or, getting smashed to pieces at Decapitated and Lamb of God in January this year or going deaf at Slayer in 2012...yeah I can't pick just one!
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    I attended one of Lionel Richies concerts years back in Wembley Stadium in London. Truly great performer.
  • SwanQueenDreamz
    SwanQueenDreamz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Janet Jackson velvet rope tour with 98 degrees opening show lol
  • Nanierh85
    Nanierh85 Posts: 118
    Options
    Roger Waters playing the Darkside Of The Moon tour back in 2007 (This concert was better than 1/3 of the sex I have had in my life hahahaha)

Tool back in February of this year would be number 2

:)
  • sharimedina
    sharimedina Posts: 116
    Options
    Tool in 2001 during their lateralus tour.. the visual slide show they had going on was awesome..

2nd would be Radiohead in 05-06. They really put on good live shows.

Radiohead! Yes, my favorite by far. Second, Rage Against the Machine!! Third, GodSmack
  • arainiday1
    Options
    Rammstein in London 2012!

Or, Saturnus (metal band from Denmark), playing at an Irish pub in October last year. Then meeting the guys after the gig, and now we're all great friends :)

Or, getting smashed to pieces at Decapitated and Lamb of God in January this year or going deaf at Slayer in 2012...yeah I can't pick just one!

Rammstein!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    If I had my guesses right, no one will know who this is; but the best concert ever put on was by Chris Ledoux before he died. Amazing show - interaction with his fans...kept coming back for more..he made sure his fans got what they paid for and then some....true performer.

George Strait is a VERY CLOSE second, though; like by a hair...a very, very thin hair.:wink:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Marleyfest 2003 in Miami was a fun time.

Dave Matthews puts on a great live performance. Saw him down in West Palm Beach back in '07 before LeRoi died.

I caught a Murs performance at a small venue in downtown Orlando one night. THAT was pretty awesome.

Honestly some of my favorite experiences watching live music are catching random badass performances at low key bars. i'm not a big fan of all the hype of a huge venue.

ETA: saw Toots and the Maytals at another small venue in DT Orlando. That was awesome too. some of the smaller venues in Orlando were a lot of fun to see live performances.

ETA again: how the hell could i have forgotten ani difranco!! one of my most favoritest performers EVER to see live. she is amazing. such an engaging storyteller and super talented singer, song writer, guitar player. she gives me goosebumps :happy:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Been to hundreds of concerts.

First one was BB King. Late 60's. Opening act was Big Brother and the Holding Company with Janis Joplin.

Last one was Los Lonely Boys. 2 Months ago.

Best one was Steve Miller. He's always great. seen him about 6 times.

Biggest one was California Jam in 1974.

Next one is Joan Jett in August.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bruno Mars last week and Scorpions in Germany.
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    - Rob Zombie
    - The Cure
    - Slipknot
    - Metallica (worked it and was soooooo close to James *faints* )
    - The Birthday Massacre
    - Combichrist
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    That's tough - I saw Radiohead and they were pretty amazing -

Another great show was The Red Hot Chili Peppers - and the opening act was the Foo Fighters - yeah, GREAT!!

Then there was the Family Values Tour - with Linkin Park, Stone Temple Pilots, Staind - yeah that rocked.

A truly memorable concert I saw in Jones Beach NY - early '90's - was Neil Young; and the 'opening acts' were Soundgarden and Blind Melon - that was before ANYONE knew who they were.......stand-out show!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Rolling Stones - for an auld guy, boy, can Mick move!!

Kings of Leon were awesome too but I have to be patriotic and say, Biffy Clyro are the best. 'Mon the Biff' :D