If every day were like today... You'd weigh...

Options

Replies

• dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I adore this particular inaccurate function! Sometimes it is the only reason I keep logging. My favorite part is that if you're synched with a Fitbit (as I am), it continues to calculate even after you've completed your MFP logging day. So if you don't like the "future number" it gives you, it may even motivate you to go for that additional run, that one last set of lifts, another swim, etc. to drop the number further. Yes, I am shallow and motivated by bright, sparkly things like random numbers, but whatever works! :D

Me too.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Everyday I click the submit and do Woah! Yeah! I'll lose that much?!
    I know it's complete BS, but I get excited like I won the penny machine!!

:drinker:
    This, it's kinda fun to see it but I don't rely on it, that's for sure.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I made notes of the dates and weights and I wasn't really close, but I like to see it, and dream.....................................
    But according to the chart, I could make it, as it breaks down to 1.86 lbs per week.
    :wink:
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would be so so excited if it was but oh well...
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I wish!! I'd love to lose at the rate that thing indicates.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    500 cals/day = 1 lb/week doesn't work long term, so the prediction is wrong.

More accurate maths concludes that 500 cals/day = 50 lb loss over several years with about 25 lbs in the first year. Or 500 cals/day = 0.5 lbs/week average over the first year
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Since I eat similar calorie amounts and do similar exercise it has been pretty accurate for me, obviously the day to day can be a bit wappy depending what you eat/exercise but by looking at the weekly average I find it hasn't been too far off :)
  • crikey_katie
    crikey_katie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If that was accurate I would be under my goal weight by now hahha
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    When I actually stick to my planned calorie intake I usually lose more than it predicts.
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The problem is you don't eat like that everyday right?
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If I have a bad day, and it says I will weigh a larger amount in five weeks, I'm motivated to do better,
  • lovabee
    lovabee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I found the prediction to be pretty accurate. My days are mostly the same when it comes to calorie intake and the amount of exercise at the moment so its easy for me to monitor progress.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    When I actually stick to my planned calorie intake I usually lose more than it predicts.

100% agree with the above.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    they're not off for me, but then i usually eat the exact same net calories every day.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I like it. Seemed pretty accurate in my case! Then again I eat like a robot ..that is if robots ate.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't pay much attention to that anymore.. except that it motivates me to do better if I have a bad day.
  • Gemma_Louisex
    Gemma_Louisex Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I find that it is fairly accurate as long as I'm eating my full allowance. If I'm eating under for any reason then it's not a typical day so it's obviously not what I'd be losing! I've never found it too far off though :)
  • LoobylouL
    LoobylouL Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am under calories most days and it predicts I will weigh a stone less in five weeks! However, I am over 40, on medication that is known for adding weight, hypothyroid and have a hormonal imbalance! I guess it doesn't take any of that in to consideration. ;)
  • CAMEAN02
    CAMEAN02 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No. I don't believe any of the estimates on MFP. The "If every day were like today", the workout calorie burn estimates....I only use it to log what I am eating and keep track of my progress.