FOODS YOU USED TO LOVE.......AND NOW ARE UGHHH ABOUT !?!

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Whats shakin you wonderful people of the MFP!?!?!

I was at the pub last night and decided to order CHicken wings. I got 8 Jumbo buffalo wings with ranch. I tought hey....it's been a while and it would be a good source of protein. Ranch was included.
Upon devouring the 1st one I am convinced my traditional chicken wing eating days are over..............I no longer like them and only ate 6 of them.

Not to fear I had a side salad to fill me.

How about you MFP??? ANY SIMILAR EXPERIENCES? :bigsmile:

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Crab cakes.

I used to love them, but when i was pregnant with my second son I couldn't stomach any sort of seafood or anything fried. At Christmas, friends sent us some lovely Crab and Lobster cakes from Dean & Deluca. Cooking them up just turned my stomach. I couldn't bear to taste, smell, or even look at them. Now, eight years later, I have no problem with any other seafood (or crab in any other form), but I still can't do crab cakes.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Anything super-sweet. Cadbury Creme Eggs come to mind as something that is now just completely stomach-churning.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    macdonalds (big mac)... havent had it since before xmas and don't really want to. for fear how it will make me feel. I've had the odd breaky sammich, but if I really want a burger i tend to go for a real more satisfying one in a sit down restaurant or home made :) with home made mac sauce :)

also iced capps (tim hortons) made with chocolate milk... love love love (loved) these. could have one every day esp in the summer I love the texture. I have colitis and in a flare so sugar kills me so haven't had one in months, and tried to have one about a month back and it was way too sweet.

diet pop at the beginning of my journey when i stopped drinking it (never was a big drinker of it...usually just eating out) but now all i taste is chemicals, i'll have a few sips of the reall thing if I am really jonesing... but again the sugar kills me.

and most anything too greasy is just not as enjoyable as I am dreaming it to be in my head lol
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Pizza and most fast food.
  • kacpakmom
    kacpakmom Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Random - but baked potatoes - used to LIVE on them! Now the thought of how heavy it would be makes me sick. I never used butter or sour cream (just ketchup - I know its a me thing) - just used to love the potato lol
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Pizza and most fast food.

No wayyyyy. I loooove Pizza!
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    All ground beef. Particularly fast food hamburgers. I use ground lean turkey and chicken!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    All ground beef. Particularly fast food hamburgers. I use ground lean turkey and chicken!

Nice! I sitll prefer my ground beef though. yummm
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    McD french fries. I hate the filmy feeling they leave in my mouth.

Cheap milk chocolate. Ew.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    brownies. I loved chocolate brownies. Now I take 2 bites and it is enough. They are way too sweet.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Soda and fast food. I didn't plan my drive out to the beach well enough and found myself at fast food places (ate at 2 in one day after not having any period for a couple weeks), and I felt so blah and ugh and gross. No wonder I was always tired before! :smile:

Soda was weird, I didn't intend to stop drinking them, because I've done that and always started back eventually. This time, I just didn't get one out of the fridge one day and haven't had one since. :huh:

Now pizza, I can never have too much pizza lol
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    OH Diet soda too....uggghhh
  • leeilaxoxo
    leeilaxoxo Posts: 66
    Options
    Soda and cake. Used to love those things but now I'm like bleh, I'll pass.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Sweets
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Pizza - I had one last week. Goodness what a let down!
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I hate chinese food. it just makes me feel sick.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Jif peanut butter. I used to eat that shniz by the spoonful, but now that I've been eating natural peanut butter, it just doesn't taste good anymore. Which kinda makes me sad. That's the only thing, though. Ice cream and I are in it for the long haul. :heart:
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings. When I found out that university wings nights were easily a day and a half of calories alone for me, I no longer felt as good about the money I was "saving".
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Potato chips. I used to looooove potato chips.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Dunkin donuts hot coffee.....all I could taste was the styrofoam cup...it was digsusting.(and I used to drink it all the time)