What is the best concert you' ve been to?

Options

Replies

• dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    For the best concert: I'd have to say Pink Floyd when I was in college, or CSN&Y outdoors.

Garth Brooks or Reba McEntire later in life.

Last great show for me was Carole King and James Taylor...in St. Paul, MN
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've only been to one concert so far (Grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere, five hours from a city that musicians tour!), but I have to say, Brad Paisley puts on an awesome concert!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Last great show for me was Carole King and James Taylor...in St. Paul, MN

<3
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Amanda Palmer house party in Saint Paul, MN, last August. No contest. It was a Kickstarter thing, though, so I don't know if that technically counts as a concert since it was limited to 50 people. But it was one of the most incredible days of my life.

If I have to eliminate that one, then it was Leslie & the Ly's at People's Court in Des Moines in the spring of 2009.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Paul McCartney.......because it is the closest to seeing the Beatles live that someone my age can get.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i think the most recent may very well be the best i've ever seen.

BTBAM and Meshuggah last month. amazing show (despite rational gaze not being played).
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Been to many, it's kinda my job in a round about way.
    I think the stand out one for me was probably because it was my first stadium event, Guns n Roses at Wembley. Was it the best? No. But I was a teen and it was like wow!!

Best 'big band' performance wise, for stage presence and audience captivation? The Rolling Stone at Hyde Park last year. The only gig I've taken my dad along to as well.

We had a small band on a small stage at Hyde Park this year, they performed every show day. And absolutely nailed it every day. Audience 100% involved and captivated. Maybe they will get some time on the main stage next year
  • jeanipurdy
    jeanipurdy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Iron Maiden - 2009 Best Show Loved the performance

Metallica - 2010 I would have to say hands down Best Stage presence EVER!

P!nk - 2013 All about the fans! Loved the performance loved the interaction with others!!!
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Prince, P!nk (Truth About Love Tour), Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails

ETA: Prince played two encores, each an hour long!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one...

Probably koRn the first time I saw them. Although I couldn't actively participate because I had my appendix out 2 weeks before.

AAR before they hit it big.

PWTs before Hey There Delila, back when Steve was still in the band.

Midtown.

Showoff because it always lead to great after parties. That never ended.

I was blessed to grow up in a town with a great venue. I could go on but I won't bore you all. :wink:
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have to mention Foo Fighters in this thread. I didnt like them until I saw them live....David Grohl *swoon*
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    The Scorpions put on a great one but then so did Kiss/Poison opening.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Some other memorable concerts I have attended:

Dave Brubeck & Two Generations of Brubeck 1972 Pittsburgh, PA
    Artur Rubinstein, pianist

B.B. King, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder all with their big bands and singers in one show 1973

The East Tennessee Bassoon Quartet, Bijoux Theater, Knoxville 1991
    including the world premiere of Peter Schikele's "Lip My Reeds"

Every concert that one or more of my girls played in all the way from 5th grade to Senior year.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Steel Panther
    Ya I know they are a parody band but these are super entertaining, the singer has an amazing range and he cranks it all out live. He didn't miss a single note. The guitarist is unbelievable he shreds like a mother****er. I was highly entertained by the the banter, musicianship, as well as the energy. I was smiling the whole time it was awesome.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    AC-DC
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Tom Petty
  • Kristle582
    Kristle582 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Gotta be Jfest 2011
  • Coltsforlife
    Coltsforlife Posts: 124
    Options
    ozzfest , I forget what year it was but i wont forget my experience :tongue:
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lords of Acid.

You know it's a good concert when the band's roadies try to buy drugs from you and the girls are only wearing electrical tape.
  • Nanierh85
    Nanierh85 Posts: 118
    Options
    I envy you! That must have been hell of a concert! Is the girl actually as hot as she looks on the videos? : )