No one noticed

Options
Just want to have a little teary...

I have lost 10 kg and no one has noticed. I thought that if people hadn't seen me for a bit, they would see that I was getting smaller, but alas no. I had been away from work for 3 weeks over Xmas.
I can see little changes; some of my clothes are looser.
Boo hoo hoo :sad:

Replies

• Paulsonlauri
    Options
    Other people will notice eventually. People don't like to say anything in fear of making you feel bad because of your previous weight. The same has happened to me,only a few people have noticed. Keep up the good work.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Sometimes people do notice, but are afriad to say something, or they are just have no clue. I usually get the most comments from family.
  • diamond419
    diamond419 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is that you notice and you feel better...the others will catch on in time...No worries...just keep doing what you're doing...
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    You guys are great. I shall wipe my tears and get on with it.
  • lewoo
    lewoo Posts: 2
    Options
    I find a lot of ppl are scared to give compliments. And especially with weight loss. Don't be disheartened. Someone will be brave enough to say it one day. And until then, you just keep celebrating yourself :D
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    all the people who KNOW that I have been going to the gym have said they notice the difference.

I know it's mainly a confidence boost and a "keep going" encouragement, but I have to learn to say thank you.

I have noticed little things like. I just bought size 18-20 undies that fit. I usually go for the 22-24. my belly looks more like cottage cheese (a little off putting). my shoulders are squarer from lifting weight and gaining a better posture. aaand. my arms. although I have bingo wings I can see muscles when i flex my biceps.

Size 22 jeans are about 5 kgs away from annoying me a lot and needing new ones *L*
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My friends don't notice when I get smaller and my friends don't notice when I get bigger. That's why they are still my friends. :-)
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    This is my response to that, who cares that no one notice's.. You did and thats all that matters.. You lose weight for yourself!!! When you do that, if reflects inside and then it radiates out to everyone else..!!!!

Don't feel bad!!! Your doing great!!!
  • JDizzIe
    JDizzIe Posts: 23
    Options
    I know that if I don't know if a certain person is actively trying to lose weight and they look smaller, I am afraid to say anything because I don't want to make someone feel bad by saying it. My thoughts on this are that if they are not trying to lose weight they may think that I am hinting something when I'm not! But if I know they are working out and eating right and it looks like they have lost weight, I'll say something! Hope this helps, cheer up you're doing great :)
  • markysan
    Options
    As a guy I have to admit, that unless the change is pretty big I tend not to notice - but thats just me (blind lol!). I notice more things like hairstyles, makeup and stuff like that (strangely) - as thats usually a sign people are feeling good about themselves.

Also, I have to admit - whilst I quite openly supportive and complimentary of people, it can be taken the wrong way like people have mentioned in previous posts - if they werent trying, then am I hinting something. Fortunately, people know I'm like that - I like happy people :-)

10Kg is a fantastic loss i have to say. Well done! Do if for yourself first and foremost - if you feel good that radiates outwardly and people pick up on that - the compiments and praise will come.
  • keepitoff99
    Options
    Just want to have a little teary...

I have lost 10 kg and no one has noticed. I thought that if people hadn't seen me for a bit, they would see that I was getting smaller, but alas no. I had been away from work for 3 weeks over Xmas.
    I can see little changes; some of my clothes are looser.
    Boo hoo hoo :sad:

I notice the same thing happens to me.
    Like someone else posted, friends may not notice because you are who you are no matter how much you weigh and that's a good thing.
    Again, as someone posted, do it for yourself, not others. Feel good about what you've done. People will notice how much more confident you are. YOU will feel good and positive!! Congrats - way to go!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    From what I experienced and what I've read about others... most people start getting their weight loss noticed at about 30 pounds lost- before that, maybe people do notice too- but it's just not enough to say anything (unless it's someone close who knows you're trying to lose)

It'll happen soon :flowerforyou:
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Thats a real bummer, but try not to let it discourage you. YOU know and WE know. Your clothes are getting loose and I'm sure your confidence is growing a smidge too! If you've been working out in a gym or taking walks around your neighborhood those people notice as well! There is this gal that walks by my house EVERY damn day, no matter how cold or nasty it is outside. I notice her, her dedication is amazing to me, but I've never said anything. I bet many people are noticing but just keeping it to themselves. Maybe I'll go talk to her one day and tell her how much she inspires me :)

10kg is fantastic. Keep it up!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    10kg is an amazing loss and so what if no-one has commented that you're getting smaller. There may be an element of jealousy involved, you never know. Keep it up and soon those compliments will be coming thick and fast - along with faux concern where people advise you not to lose any more weight. I'm looking forward to that one, for myself!

At the moment I'm getting the usual "but Laura, you look fine as you are, you wouldn't look right any smaller":grumble:
  • markysan
    Options
    At the moment I'm getting the usual "but Laura, you look fine as you are, you wouldn't look right any smaller":grumble:

Thats the comment that drives me mad. People know I'm but still say it as if to try make you stop. Weird, how we all get the same things?

Hang in there, whatever ;-)
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Had the same thing happen at x-mas I lost like over 20 lbs and the fisrt words that come out of my mothers mouth was to my hubby wow you lost weight grrrrrr and he wasn't even trying to ....really pissed me off ...and I was like hey what about me I lost like 25 sice last x-mas and 10 lbs in just the last 2 months and she says well your *kitten* is still there , so I had to lift up the bulky shirt i was wearing for her to say ok well I guess you did .....But on the plus side she gained quite a bit hehehe :laugh:
  • deandp371
    Options
    Maybe make another change for fun - like a hairstyle! Then when someone notices that you can say "oh, and I lost 10 kg too!"
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It might depend of your clothing. When I wear lose clothing, you tend to look bigger. Time to buy a few pants that are a bit too small....they will notice!!! Anyway, you are doing a great job!!!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    oh and I do not know if you work with men or women, but I work with men and it took them 2 weeks to notice I've cut 8 inches of my hairs LOL
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    I lost 6 stone .. and no-one really started to notice until I had lost about 3 of that .. then suddenly everyone noticed all at once, and that's a fantastic feeling .. you'll see, it will take one person to notice and then suddenly the whole world will realise what you are doing .. you just keep at it, looking and feeling fab and it will shine from inside you, cos confidence comes back as well .. it'll happen, just imagine how exciting it's going to be .. and sit and wait for it, it's all coming to you :bigsmile: