Shakeology

Options

Replies

• medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What I was intending to call the only true method for losing and maintaining weight loss is a good diet and exercise! For me, Shakeology is part of the diet. By no means would I claim a PRODUCT is THE way!

Secondly, I will never understand people who lurk in message board communities for the sole purpose of arguing and picking fights with people. Is that your entertainment?
  • medwards89
    medwards89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Also, before posting I did not consider reading message board guidelines as I very rarely use them and didn't think I was trying to push a product. I was looking for shakeology users, not create them. So to me, the fact that people who do not use them, but want to say bad things for kicks is kind of sad and speaks about those individuals. Why wouldn't you enter message boards that appeal to you or help you. Or aren't you using MFP for beneficial purposes?

Secondly, MFP does not have the option for me to delete my post.
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Trying to post Star Wars Butthurt gif......Help anyone?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    What I was intending to call the only true method for losing and maintaining weight loss is a good diet and exercise! For me, Shakeology is part of the diet. By no means would I claim a PRODUCT is THE way!

ORLY?
    paying it forward by promoting the only true method of losing and keeping off the weight as well as being healthy-proper diet and exercise!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I always think shakeolgy should be a dance. Like all those 60s songs about dances like the twist

C'Mon do the Shakeology !
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Also, before posting I did not consider reading message board guidelines as I very rarely use them and didn't think I was trying to push a product. I was looking for shakeology users, not create them. So to me, the fact that people who do not use them, but want to say bad things for kicks is kind of sad and speaks about those individuals. Why wouldn't you enter message boards that appeal to you or help you. Or aren't you using MFP for beneficial purposes?

You could maybe admit you did something wrong, you know like not reading the community guidelines and leave it at that. Trying to turn it around and saying people who called you out are wrong just makes you look like you are unwilling to be responsible for your behavior. Kind of like saying you didn't say Shakeology is THE way to lose weight, even though you wrote:
    paying it forward by promoting the only true method of losing and keeping off the weight as well as being healthy-proper diet and exercise!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

The mods will take care of the deleting for you, as I'm sure you've been reported for advertising by several users. You flat out said you were promoting the product in your OP and openly admitted to being someone who sells it, so your post is going to get taken down and you'll probably get a strike. 'Tis life on the forums.

Also, people don't say bad things about Shakeology for kicks. People speak out against products like Shakeology because they are unnecessary for weight loss and they want people who are reading the forums to know that they don't need to spend money on a product like this to lose weight, they can be successful with diet and exercise. The comments here against Shakeology are no different than negative customer reviews that you would find on any other product.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Maybe you'd be better off on the beachbody site because peddling this product, spouting off nonsense and spreading misinformation is either against the rules or just uncool and annoying.

This.

Uncool OP, very uncool.

You've totally ruined my buzz.
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I tried a sample of the chocolate and it was so chalky and flavorless. Bleh. Couldn't get it down. Not to mention at over $100.00 per bag who can afford it? I regularly buy a 3lb container of protein powder that tastes really good for $30.00. from my GNC or the grocery store. No thanks. I'll pass on the Shakeology.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    TRANSGRESSOR!
    bring out the bees....
    i6reaKbR9zMAK.gif

(Oh, and your "only true method" is over priced, over rated, and tastes terrible.)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Secondly, I will never understand people who lurk in message board communities for the sole purpose of arguing and picking fights with people. Is that your entertainment?

Entertainment - sometimes.
    Helpful - most times

people come in and comment on posts like this to help new to MFP folks - not buy into bull**** gimmicks and products that will only cost money and offer no results.

Arguing and picking fights is what you are doing by trying to retract some bold and completely wrong statements, and trying to spin words in your favour.

Go peddle your wears elsewhere.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    TRANSGRESSOR!
    bring out the bees....
    i6reaKbR9zMAK.gif

(Oh, and your "only true method" is over priced, over rated, and tastes terrible.)

I feel similarly about Nic Cage and Shakeology.

76748-Gladiator-thumbs-down-gif-b5MO.gif
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    TRANSGRESSOR!
    bring out the bees....
    i6reaKbR9zMAK.gif

HARUMPH!
    tumblr_mm5iwk7aT71r4etbjo1_500.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    TRANSGRESSOR!
    bring out the bees....
    i6reaKbR9zMAK.gif

HARUMPH!
    tumblr_mm5iwk7aT71r4etbjo1_500.gif

Nicolas-Cage-Pillow-Case.jpg
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Here's one I love. Mini Cheesecakes FTW!

Ingredients:
    Crust:
    1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
    1 tablespoon white sugar
    1 tablespoon margarine, melted

Filling:
    1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,

softened
    1/4 cup white sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 egg
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 6-cup muffin pan.
    2. In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and margarine with a fork until combined. Measure a rounded tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup, pressing firmly. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes, then remove to cool. Keep the oven on.
    3. Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in the egg.
    4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each until 3/4 full. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

This is awesome.

No to Shakeology, yes to cheesecake!

Totally saving this in my blog, since I'm sure this post will be deleted.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    How about something natural that DOESN'T market something...

1/3-1/2 cup greek yogurt (either vanilla or plain)
    1-2 Tbsp ovaltine, Quik or some other chocolate powder chocolate protein powder (if you do the protein powder, you should not use the additional protein powder listed)
    2 Tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 frozen banana (you can use the whole thing if you're making enough for 2)
    Vanilla almond or coconut milk (unsweetened)-enough to get to the consistency you want
    1/3 cup crushed ice or a few ice cubes.

Whip in a blender until it's the consistency you want.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite recipes involves pizza dough (yes real, not cauliflower lol) and ricotta cheese

1 pizza dough, rolled out to about 1/8 thick
    500 gms ricotta
    250 gms mozzarella, cubed
    100 gms sorpressata
    50 gms grated fresh parmesan
    a bunch parsley, chopped
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 inch olive oil in a medium sized pan

Mixed all the ingredients minus the pizza dough and olive oil in a bowl, spoon out into small pockets of pizza dough and then fold them over. Fry in olive oil for about two minutes aside or until lightly brown. Let cool on paper towels and enjoy warm.

So frickin' delicous, and the best part is it contains no Shakeology whatsoever.

Enjoy!

Only quoting this for my own pleasure. I may have drooled just reading this - so definitely a keeper. :love:

Also, OP, there is a recipe topic on the MFP message boards.

ETA: If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and eats pizza like a duck.....

43082-Duck-pizza-gif-4kMA.gif
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    How about something natural that DOESN'T market something...

1/3-1/2 cup greek yogurt (either vanilla or plain)
    1-2 Tbsp ovaltine, Quik or some other chocolate powder chocolate protein powder (if you do the protein powder, you should not use the additional protein powder listed)
    2 Tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 frozen banana (you can use the whole thing if you're making enough for 2)
    Vanilla almond or coconut milk (unsweetened)-enough to get to the consistency you want
    1/3 cup crushed ice or a few ice cubes.

Whip in a blender until it's the consistency you want.

Now that sounds like something worth trying, that doesn't involve me spending $100+ on a bag of magic Shakeology mix.... LOL

Thanks for the recipe, I might give it a shot! :drinker:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

Also, people don't say bad things about Shakeology for kicks. People speak out against products like Shakeology because they are unnecessary for weight loss and they want people who are reading the forums to know that they don't need to spend money on a product like this to lose weight, they can be successful with diet and exercise. The comments here against Shakeology are no different than negative customer reviews that you would find on any other product.

Amen.

I think I'll stick with my one true method of eating pizza and Ben & Jerry's ice cream**

**while sticking to a moderate and consistent calorie deficit. :happy:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite recipes involves pizza dough (yes real, not cauliflower lol) and ricotta cheese

1 pizza dough, rolled out to about 1/8 thick
    500 gms ricotta
    250 gms mozzarella, cubed
    100 gms sorpressata
    50 gms grated fresh parmesan
    a bunch parsley, chopped
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 inch olive oil in a medium sized pan

Mixed all the ingredients minus the pizza dough and olive oil in a bowl, spoon out into small pockets of pizza dough and then fold them over. Fry in olive oil for about two minutes aside or until lightly brown. Let cool on paper towels and enjoy warm.

So frickin' delicous, and the best part is it contains no Shakeology whatsoever.

Enjoy!

I want to eat that! What is sopressata?

A mild salami.