Coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????????????

Options
Does caffeine affect my sugar cravings? Btw when i mean coffee- dont add any sugar or milk into my coffee. Its just plain coffee. Thanks

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say no...but I'm not you.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess no, but it may make you a wee bit more hyper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It actually curbs my cravings. I love my coffee but I add sweetner and hersheys chocolate caramel creamer to mine ;)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    On the one hand i'm tempted to say no. Go for it.

On the other hand considering your punctuation you may have had enough lol.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options

^^LOL

As far as the coffee I think it helps curb mine :) It also helps me stay full a bit longer when I first wake up so I don't feel the need to eat breakfast right away :)
  • KnitWit70
    KnitWit70 Posts: 9
    Options
    Any diet that does not contain coffee is not worth doing, imo. I will give up fast food, sugar, white and processed foods and even chocolate... but I just can't imagine a day without coffee. :drinker:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Any diet that does not contain coffee is not worth doing, imo. I will give up fast food, sugar, white and processed foods and even chocolate... but I just can't imagine a day without coffee. :drinker:

:drinker: :drinker: Hear, hear!! To the OP--it's hard to say what "triggers" your tastes for sweets. For me, coffee (w/ a 1/2 packet of Splenda or Stevia) is exactly what I use to stay away from too many sweets. Although, I also make sure to work in appropriate servings of "treats" in moderation throughout the week. That is key for me to not want to "overdose" on the sweet stuff. No deprivation or "cold turkey" of whole food groups works great for me.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Does caffeine affect my sugar cravings? Btw when i mean coffee- dont add any sugar or milk into my coffee. Its just plain coffee. Thanks

What do you want to eat when you get sugar cravings?
  • lifestyleHK
    lifestyleHK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How much coffee should you drink every day? thanks
  • lifestyleHK
    Options
    Im not craving icecream or creme brulee for example, because im not a dessert person anyway. Im craving bread which contains sugar or cereal bars
  • lifestyleHK
    Options
    Im not craving icecream or creme brulee for example, because im not a dessert person anyway. Im craving bread which contains sugar or cereal bars
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

i think i read somewhere that the recommended or proper amount of coffee in a day is about four 8 ounces of regular coffee.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

so have a piece of toast with your coffee. there is nothing wrong with bread or sugars.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Deona143
    Deona143 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try to aim for no more than 4 cups b/c of the caff. I take it black, no cream & no cream- ever. I do get those carb cravings sometimes but not really "sweets" so I say, for me anyway, it curbs cravings for me.
  • tinadaybreaker01
    Options

i think i read somewhere that the recommended or proper amount of coffee in a day is about four 8 ounces of regular coffee.

Thats about half a pot, what I drink currently :)

I learned to drink it black or with hot cocoa, ditched the sugar. Not afraid of sugar just the extra calories in the cream and sugar, I want to spend those calories elsewhere :)

Once you go black you never go back!!!!!
  • tinadaybreaker01
    Options
    Totally agree. I used to take coffee with milk and 3 sugars. I ditched the milk and sugar years ago and would never go back to it. I can't drink milk in coffee any more and I can taste the sugar if someone uses a spoon that has been used to stir coffee with sugar and then uses the same spoon to stir mine. I also drink coffee to delay breakfas, especially on a fasting day. Life saver.....
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee, and I don't think it matters one way or the other on sugar or carb cravings. I do my own blend of 8 parts Folgers decaf, 1 part Starbucks Italian Dark Roast decaf and 1 part regular Black Silk, so it's 90% decaf.

When I first started to get serious about weight loss, I went cold turkey on bread. I was raised in a household where if there was nothing for supper but bread, everyone wanted a piece in each hand. I ate a lot of bread for a lot of years. Now that I have reached my goal weight {176} I have started to slowly put bread back into my diet.

I have found that eating a good, nutritionally dense breakfast will help some with morning snacking. I do use a lot of granola bars and the like. You just have to do the cardio to offset them, or eat less calories during your meals.

Larro