Tell me if this sounds good or what you would add/change

Options
Jess__I__Can
Jess__I__Can Posts: 307 Member
I bought a LOT of chuck tender steak that was on sale and I am trying to find creative ways to use it. Tell me what you think of this - I just combined a couple things I saw on Pinterest. This would make 3 servings at 425 calories a serving.

1 lb of beef in a crock pot cooking in enchilada sauce; shred beef
mix can of corn, can of black beans, and can of rotel; heat? keep cool/room temp?
top chopped romaine lettuce with beef and veggie mixture

ETA: more directions

Replies

• lynnierose9
    lynnierose9 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing!
  • mufin71
    mufin71 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That actually sounds really good.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What time is dinner? I'll be there...
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I bought a LOT of chuck tender steak that was on sale and I am trying to find creative ways to use it. Tell me what you think of this - I just combined a couple things I saw on Pinterest. This would make 3 servings at 425 calories a serving.

mix can of corn, can of black beans, and can of rotel; heat? keep cool/room temp?

Sounds good but I would probably add onion, garlic and some spice....perhaps some cumin and a dash of chipotle chili powder (It's this smoky mildly spicy flavor...mmmmmmMMMMMMmmmm)
  • Jess__I__Can
    Options

Sounds good but I would probably add onion, garlic and some spice....perhaps some cumin and a dash of chipotle chili powder (It's this smoky mildly spicy flavor...mmmmmmMMMMMMmmmm)

Oooh, I think I will add some garlic and some cumin. I hate onion. :tongue: Oooh maybe onion powder.
  • Jess__I__Can
    Options
    Update: I made this, but I liked the leftovers even more! So to be clear, the new, updated, and better tasting recipe:

2 lb of beef (I used chuck tender steaks) in a crock pot cooking in enchilada sauce for 8 hours on low; shred beef, put back in crock pot with remaining sauce
    mix drained can of corn, drained can of black beans (lighly rinsed), drained can of rotel, and a couple sprinkes of garlic and onion powder (mine seemed to taste better after sitting in the fridge for a day); heat on stovetop or in microwave
    drain excess enchilada sauce from meat and combine with veggie mix.

Makes four (4) 626 cal servings.
    (for 1 lb of beef its 411 cal/serving)
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Don't know if chuck tender is the same as chuck eye steaks but I love them marinated and grilled. All that lovely fat and char!!