Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just a thought about being pear-shaped. For me it's hard because in most pics (from the waist up), I look a pretty much normal weight. It's when you get the whole picture, or a pic from behind (gasp!) that you realize, "Damn, I need to lose some weight and/or tone up!"
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Sorry bout no bikini pics, but I think u can see the difference still

I'm 5'1

Wow!

:flowerforyou:
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a pear and I was really upset about it when I was younger and going through puberty; I had (and still have) a very bony, narrow torso with comparatively wide hips, muscular thighs and a bubble butt (the latter two I contribute to years of dance). I never thought I looked proportionate but I'm really happy with the shape of my body now that I'm older and I actually love the way pear shape bodies look. They just look really feminine and pretty to me.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

Just dropping by again for another half-naked update, lol. This is me currently. Progress has been slow (and not very visible), but it's still progress! Not a lot of difference from 2nd pic to the 3rd, but I'm working on that now. Planning to build some muscle in the future.

I've grabbed a copy of "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" thanks to your kind advice on starting a strength training plan. We'll see how it goes! :)

Go go, my pear-shaped friends! We can do this! :smooched:

Your body looks awesome. You have such a teeny, tiny waist!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    For good measure, size 32 to size 0/24-25
    U1JPwEJ.jpg

What a great visual those different sized pants are! Thanks for sharing. Oh, you look great btw. Congratulations on the job well done!
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    You look great OP! Congrats on your success :flowerforyou:

I also am a pear shape and find that squats spinning and elliptical helps tone my upper thighs.

All the best to you and your continued journey!!
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Also the dreaded pear :P.

I'm 5'10". SW was 200, CW is 171, GW is 145-150.
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    jenniferlopezpear_zps17722468.jpg

Granted it is photoshopped, but still one of the sexiest shapes ever!
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Taking a break from my underwear progress pictures in the previous pages.. Updating with a (clothed lol) picture of me in my very first fitting black dress. My god, they are so unforgiving towards every curve, bump and hump. Finally mustered the courage to buy one and wear it!

242wino.jpg
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Taking a break from my underwear progress pictures in the previous pages.. Updating with a (clothed lol) picture of me in my very first fitting black dress. My god, they are so unforgiving towards every curve, bump and hump. Finally mustered the courage to buy one and wear it!

242ino.jpg

You look great! Those dresses are a ***** to pull off, well done :D
  • hotlilteacher
    Options
    Your weightloss is incredible!! I have the same shape as you - saddlebags! How did you do this in a year? I lost 10 lbs and 2 inches on my hips pretty easily, but I have plateued. I do squats and lunges - should I add weight, or just more squats??
  • hotlilteacher
    Options
    I see a huge difference! Way to go!! I am stuck in a plateau. Going to the gym every day, alternating weight training with arms and legs (squats, lunges - no weight). I wish I could lose weight as quickly as you did! I can't budge past the first 10 lbs! I don't know what to do. I do cardio 30 mins at least 4 times a week. I'm more worried about inches of course, but I am not reducing. In fact I gained an inch. ugh. So frustrating. Do I need to cut calories.\?

Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

Just dropping by again for another half-naked update, lol. This is me currently. Progress has been slow (and not very visible), but it's still progress! Not a lot of difference from 2nd pic to the 3rd, but I'm working on that now. Planning to build some muscle in the future.

I've grabbed a copy of "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" thanks to your kind advice on starting a strength training plan. We'll see how it goes! :)

Go go, my pear-shaped friends! We can do this! :smooched:

2r1zvgz.jpg
  • suzafied
    suzafied Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing work everyone. I am pear shaped as well. The part I like least about me are my calves. Huge huge calves, I weigh a lot more than I look and it's because I carry all of my weight in my legs and bum.
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello from another pear!

I've lost about 20 lbs from lots of cardio (running, HIIT) with the occasional weights. But I've learnt to love and accept the fact that we can't spot reduce fat - so we just have to burn, baby, burn.

Posting my before and after pictures here and you can see despite the 20 lbs loss, my thighs and hips are still fairly chunky. I'm doing more leg curls, extensions and squats as compared to before just to define those areas a bit more.

In terms of sizing, I used to wear UK 14 tops and bottoms; whereas now I can fit into a UK 10/12 top and UK 12 bottom.

What I can suggest is that if you don't like raining, you can check out fitness blender on youtube for their high-intensity interval training videos. All you need is space, a good pair of sports shoes (to absorb impact from jumps, etc) and maybe a yoga mat. They're quite challenging, but very rewarding! Take longer breaks in between if you need to, but always remember to keep your heart rate up.

All the very best! :)

29didfa.jpg

you look stunning! incredible jog girly!!
  • flashfangirl_102
    flashfangirl_102 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    job lol stupid typo
  • Coconutgirl78
    Coconutgirl78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is so me!!
  • Egon9123
    Egon9123 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I hope the dimples do go away. My legs wouldn't look nearly as bad if they were dimple free.
  • Sim123one
    Sim123one Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fellow pears..

I am a size 8-10 on top and a size 12-14 on the bottom. Squats and lunges are my best friend and as time goes on, my legs/butt/hips are all decreasing in size.

Keep up the good work everyone, embrace yourself, you are all beautiful :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I hope the dimples do go away. My legs wouldn't look nearly as bad if they were dimple free.

I will say like others have once the body fat is low enough they do seem to start to go away. I thought it was BS but I am finally starting to see it too.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Fellow pear here!

I'm 5' 6", 36 years old, SW 141 (this Monday), GW 122lb. Waist is 29", Hips are 42" (yikes).

I've started with the 5:2 diet and am steadily upping my exercise. When I feel stronger I am considering starting lifting :)

Don't wait till you feel strong, start lifting now! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!