Chip Timing?

Options

Replies

• BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    If I was short on money for a coffee, would it be ok to take it from the salvation army buckets during the christmas season?

whoa whoa whoa, that's not how we do things around here.

proper way is "I have coffee but I would like another, but even tho I have the money in my pocket for another, I would like help from the forums in determining the best way to steal someone else's coffee order. would it be best if I wait for a new order to be made, then walk up to the counter and pretend to be the person who's name they called? or would a better plan be to just knock some old bitty down, snatch the coffee cup from her hands, and make a mad dash out of the door.

AND PLEASE, LEGIT ANSWERS ONLY. LEAVE YOUR BS MORALIZING AT THE DOOR (next to the body of that old lady)
    You forgot to add...You can also leave your Polar FT7, Garmin and Wii at the door since I already have all of those. It's not like those fallen soldiers can use any of those things right? Sickening.
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    To answer the original poster's question without making a moral judgment, I am a race timer and unless the timer is an idiot, the number will not wipe out the time from the previous event.

Timing systems are built to handle the runner crossing the line more than once. They understand that the first time the runner crosses is the "real" finish. Many runners return to cheer on their friends, etc. If we overwrote the runners' time every time that happened, we'd have a LOT of unhappy customers.

thanks for the info..

woow.. awesome replies. i never knew banditing a race had such a rebellious intrigue to it... now I am putting this on my rebel bucket list for a longer race. seems like just one of those acts of defiance that everyone needs to experience like sneaking into a movie theater/sporting event, jumping the fence around a goft course and playing holes 5-14. never got around to try ninja fishing but I would think i would end up falling in the water. what else is there fitness related?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    To answer the original poster's question without making a moral judgment, I am a race timer and unless the timer is an idiot, the number will not wipe out the time from the previous event.

Timing systems are built to handle the runner crossing the line more than once. They understand that the first time the runner crosses is the "real" finish. Many runners return to cheer on their friends, etc. If we overwrote the runners' time every time that happened, we'd have a LOT of unhappy customers.

thanks for the info..

woow.. awesome replies. i never knew banditing a race had such a rebellious intrigue to it... now I am putting this on my rebel bucket list for a longer race. seems like just one of those acts of defiance that everyone needs to experience like sneaking into a movie theater/sporting event, jumping the fence around a goft course and playing holes 5-14. never got around to try ninja fishing but I would think i would end up falling in the water. what else is there fitness related?

So everyone's responses makes you want to steal from another race.

And you think being rebellious is cool and fun even if it is illegal?

WTG op :noway:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    TIL that acts of defiance involve stealing from charities and companies.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Some people have no morals.

OP should be on Superscrimpers "my top tip is to steal from charities, they never expect it".
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    The timing chip would provide proof of the OP's participation in the second, unpaid, event.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

thanks for the info..

Hm, "rebellious." Maybe getting arrested in an act of civil disobedience over an unjust law is rebellious, or participating in a revolution under a bad government.

An extra movie or stealing a race? That seems about rebellious as pouring Pepsi into your "cup for water" at Burger King. That is to say, juvenile.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    857814.gif
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    So I looked you up, you finished 9th place overall in the 10k, you would think someone who could compete would have enough respect to pay for a race....
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    Tip from an old tracker. If you plan on stealing, don't announce it ahead of time...

on the internet

with your real name as your username and a picture of your race bib.

Have fun at the race, Cong. Keep an eye out for race officials. They may want to have a chat with you.

Good luck on this race, I'm sure you can beat your previous time of 55:31
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Tip from an old tracker. If you plan on stealing, don't announce it ahead of time...

on the internet

Have fun at the race, Cong. Keep an eye out for race officials. They may want to have a chat with you.

Good luck on this race, I'm sure you can beat your previous time of 55:31

Fecking awesome.

If I were you I'd keep an eye out for Veterans too :wink:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    If I was short on money for a coffee, would it be ok to take it from the salvation army buckets during the christmas season?

whoa whoa whoa, that's not how we do things around here.

proper way is "I have coffee but I would like another, but even tho I have the money in my pocket for another, I would like help from the forums in determining the best way to steal someone else's coffee order. would it be best if I wait for a new order to be made, then walk up to the counter and pretend to be the person who's name they called? or would a better plan be to just knock some old bitty down, snatch the coffee cup from her hands, and make a mad dash out of the door.

AND PLEASE, LEGIT ANSWERS ONLY. LEAVE YOUR BS MORALIZING AT THE DOOR (next to the body of that old lady)

hahaha, you sir, are correct. hahaha.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    wondering if some of us shouldn't email the race director of the race he's going to steal from. ;)
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

on the internet

Haha brilliant
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Can't you just do the race you've actually paid to enter then cheer your wife on from the side/finish line? Or do you really need to do the stealing from veterans part too?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

on the internet

2nlg6bp.gif
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I have never crossed a finish line then returned to the race to cheer on my friends.

That's what the sidelines are for.

OP: Just suck it up and pay for the race. If everyone thought the way you did then there wouldn't be any more races because everyone would just show up and want to run without paying.

ETA: You can't afford $34 whopping dollars to enter the 2k race???
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

thanks for the info..

You sir are a d-bag extraordinaire. Seriously. It's for friggen CHARITY for crying out loud! Again, if everyone did it there wouldn't be any more races.

Hey, why don't you just steal someone's number instead and run under their name instead? That way you're running with a chip that's been paid for. I mean it's not like the owner of the number will be p*ssed off. I'm sure they'll understand. Especially when you tell them you were too cheap to shell out the $34 for entry and you really wanted to run with your wife and dog.
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    wondering if some of us shouldn't email the race director of the race he's going to steal from. ;)

send me your email and I can forward your the race director's (Gerard) contact information. you're a very good hall monitor.

though, stealing from this charity is wrong. i'll make a donation on site for the entry fee, so I can get a tax deduction receipt, but still not registering...

anyone know of cat owner charity races to bandit?