Any other divorce/break-up weight loss successes???

Options

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    not the healthiest way to lose weight, but yes. I lost 110, gained about 15 back, but losing again. oh... that doesn't count the 250 - 280 or whatever he weighed!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yup, my husband and I separated last August and the weight was falling off me. I was totally stressed out (blindsided with an affair) so my stomach was in knots and churning all the time and I was eating healthy. Anyway, it came back on about 8 months later, but I’m losing it again now. I too am the happiest I’ve ever been in my life now (1 year later). He did me a HUGE favour. I’ve never felt so much gratitude and freedom in my entire life. ;-)
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yup, my husband and I separated last August and the weight was falling off me. I was totally stressed out (blindsided with an affair) so my stomach was in knots and churning all the time and I was eating healthy. Anyway, it came back on about 8 months later, but I’m losing it again now. I too am the happiest I’ve ever been in my life now (1 year later). He did me a HUGE favour. I’ve never felt so much gratitude and freedom in my entire life. ;-)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I was in a really unhealthy relationship for a few years and I finally left him. He also had a lot of bad habits that rubbed off on me. I took some time to really reflect and think about what I wanted in my life and overhauled my entire lifestyle. I've been losing weight, getting in better shape, paying off debt, got a way better job and have taken up new hobbies like hiking. I surround myself with positive and supportive friends and I have never been happier in my life.
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Getting down to "getting down" weight!! You go!
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have to share a story on "divorce diets". My friend and her now ex husband split up. A week after he left he shows up to pick their kids up with a bumper sticker that read "No Fat Chicks". So she went on a no fat chicks diet! She has lost 60+ lbs. She looks amazing and he just looks like an @ss. I know it hurt her so much for him to do that, obviously directed at her, but she sure showed him.
  • AsiasMommy
    AsiasMommy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Took that pain and turned inward, 20 pounds gone since May! That cheating lier will regret it!! I will reach my goals, I start nursing school next month...i will be successful!!
  • Fat2Fit2Fineee
    Options
    Took that pain and turned inward, 20 pounds gone since May! That cheating lier will regret it!! I will reach my goals, I start nursing school next month...i will be successful!!

Hell ya you'll be!!! Get it GIRL!
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yup !! A few years ago my boyfriend of 4 years just decided to not come home one day, it took a awhile to get over it although i married a great man after him but it finally hit me that i needed to change something, i lost weight and after being told i would not be able to have children i have a healthy 7 month old
    it wasn't until recently though that i got the satisfaction of knowing how much it had hurt him to know that im in a happy marriage with a son. i am now trying to lose the weight that i had been wanting to before i became pregnant im by no means done but it sure felt great
  • PurpleMomster
    PurpleMomster Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My marriage of 12 years ended 3 years ago. Since last June, I've lost almost 80lbs - not on his account, FOR ME. I wanted/needed to feel better about myself - and I definitely do now!

Trying to lose weight to impress an ex is a type of motivation but losing weight to improve yourself is much, much better motivation.
  • bita4u
    bita4u Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, what great success stories, well done. I hope to be on this section one day. Unfortunately, its been the opposite for me. I have been super fit for over 20years, but these past two years after a baby and becoming single than depression, I've gained 2 stones, feel lazy/tired, and now seen my ex with his tiny girlfriend. I have no help or friends around me here in London, (from devon), been very hard, but since seeing how happy he is after treating me so badly and gloating about it has given me the push to go back to the gym and join this site.
    So thank-you all for your inspirational stories, I just hope I can have the same strength and ability as you all, even now in my 40s, I hope its not too late.
  • novagirl55
    novagirl55 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I went through a divorce in March. I've lost about 25 lbs so far. :)
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband (of 14 years) and I split up a few weeks ago and while I was already losing weight before the split, it has really helped me to stay focused. In total I have lost 37 lbs (24 lbs before I joined mfp). I have a long way to go but now I have so much more time to concentrate on the things that are important to me. I'm looking forward to a long, happy and healthy life. :)

Good luck with your journey!
  • nykismile
    nykismile Posts: 198
    Options
    I've only lost ten lbs since, but I've toned up immensely since I've last seen him.

If I ever run into him again, does it make me a bad person for hoping that he's taken aback even at least somewhat? Or that he might regret anything?

Only slightly, I'd say. :)
  • blushpeonies
    blushpeonies Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I left my psychotic/emotionally abusive boyfriend back in May. I started on the weight loss before I left him (I was done about awhile before I left) and since then I've lost about 53 pounds. I've never felt better about myself or more optimistic about my future since I've left him.
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    My ex left me while I was still breastfeeding our second baby in two years, because "You are everything I wanted in a woman; kind, loving, sweet... but you just aren't attractive enough for me". I weaned the baby when she turned a year and lost the 30lbs of baby weight in 6 weeks once my hormones shifted a couple of weeks later. I am now another 15lbs smaller than that and look better than I ever have (even when we first started dating)

and he is getting fat, and my boyfriend is amazingly sweet, kind, good looking, so much taller, and makes 3 times more money than him..... so yeah, I win. His dumping me was the best thing for me personally. My kids suffer, but I do that best I can.

OMG! You are a strong woman, with how crazy hormonal I get after having a baby I prly would have killed him. Lol, what in the hell. :/ I'm happy for you that he's not your problem anymore! You look great, stay strong mama.
  • KingstonJack3
    KingstonJack3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of the saying "Divorce looks good on you"
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes. You do not have to share food plans or any things else. It is liberating. Good luck as you go forward.
  • meowpotatomeow
    Options
    When I went through my first breakup I lost 20 pounds in three weeks. It was the best I had looked since I was a small child. It was good for me, but a year later I started gaining it all back and then some.
  • misspor
    misspor Posts: 2
    Options
    YESSSS!! Still in the process of losing now :-) my ex used to joke about and call me fat and just take the piss which put me on a downer and I would just eat everything. He has mucked me about a lot since we broke up but now I've never been so determined to lose weight and get in shape! #showhimwhatheismissing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!